PDA

View Full Version : Storing cue inside your house

10-13-2002, 10:33 PM
where's the best place to store a cue w/ hard case inside the house?

I've heard that storing it inside a closet in your room is one best way.

10-13-2002, 10:36 PM
don't store in a case that presses your cue/shafts together, like a george case.

10-13-2002, 10:50 PM
aside from the original pos above. i want to know among the ccb'ers where they store their cues (inside hard case) in their house?

nAz
10-13-2002, 11:29 PM
first i try to wipe down my cue shaft and butt,dry it then store in its hard case laying flat,usally on my couch. i was told laying it flat will keep it from warping, but who really knows shafts will alls get slightly warpped after a lot of use. i think

~~ keep your eyehttp://216.40.241.68/ups/dvx_rune/eye.gifon the ball~~

10-13-2002, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> first i try to wipe down my cue shaft and butt,dry it then store in its hard case laying flat,usally on my couch. i was told laying it flat will keep it from warping, but who really knows shafts will alls get slightly warpped after a lot of use. i think

~~ keep your eye&lt;img src="http://216.40.241.68/ups/dvx_rune/eye.gif"&gt;on the ball~~ <hr></blockquote>

Will laying it FLAt warp the cue? What if you have one of those hard case tube for shafts like Porper or other generic type of shaft tubings style? When you insert the shaft, most likely it gets tighter to the extent that the shaft hole snugs fittly with the shaft near the joint.

Imagine it this way, now that the shaft is stored and you lay it flat, the part of the shaft at the tip going up to the joint inside the shaft tubings doesn't touches snugly in the shaft tubes except for the shaft near the joint where it snug fitlly.

Now the part of the shaft where it's hanging while laying it flat for a longer period of time will bend the shaft, unless you have the Guiseppe type of shaft tubings where it's big and that even you lay it flat the shafts will lay flat against the shaft hole cuz it's big unlike the Porper or same types of shaft tubings.

9 Ball Girl
10-13-2002, 11:59 PM
I have my cues in a Porper case that lies against the wall in my bedroom. My cues are afraid of the dark so I keep them out of the closet. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
Anyway, I've always stored my cues in this fashion and have never had warpage (is that a word?).

Drake
10-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Keep it in a good case that does not put any pressure on the shafts and stand it straight up.

Fred Agnir
10-14-2002, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> where's the best place to store a cue w/ hard case inside the house?

I've heard that storing it inside a closet in your room is one best way. <hr></blockquote>

All of my cues are stored in their cases, standing up, in the closet. Standing them up should reduce the chance of warping. If you can figure a way to hang your cases straight, that probably would be the best for the cues, but not necessarily for your clothing space.

Fred

griffith_d
10-14-2002, 06:46 AM
I never have thought about laying down or standing up(of course they may get tired of standing all of the time), but I would think as long as the full length of the cue pieces are fully supported in a good case there would be no warpage.

Griff

Chris Cass
10-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Hi Anon,

I store mine in my JJustis case laying flat in a somewhat cool to room temperature type place. It's in a closet in the middle of the house. I've never had a problem with warpage. Now that I think about it. I never really store the cue as I use it so much. I do have 6 shafts though. Out of the 6 shafts I only carry 2.

The others to the cue are in a cheap lambs wool case that's stored in the flat configuration. There straight and yep, no problem. A cool dry place and near room condition is what I've always went by, when storing my cues.

I think a lot has to do with how quickly the shafts are cut when made. This should be a slow and long process. Not 2 cuts and out the door. Anyway, they're straight. I've never had a problem with a warpped butt. Boy, does that sound like a straight line if I ever heard one. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~thinking about what Fred said????

BLACKHEART
10-14-2002, 07:39 AM
Heat &amp; humidity are the enimies of your Q. Don't store it on top of a refrigerator or on a high shelf of a closet where it is hot. If it's in a soft case hang it up on a nail behind a door or someplace similar. If you have a hard case it's probably best to stand the case upright...JER

Paul_Mon
10-15-2002, 05:12 AM
Hi JER,
I generally leave two of my cues assembled and standing up in a cue rack. Is this good or bad? The temperature flucuates do to seasonal change but the humidity is controlled fairly well. Should I put the cues away after each use? Seems like lots of unnecessary threading and unthreading of the joint. Opinions?

Paul Mon~~~~~still loves the Blackheart

rackmup
10-15-2002, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: anonymous:</font><hr>aside from the original pos above. i want to know among the ccb'ers where they store their cues (inside hard case) in their house?<hr></blockquote>

Careful people...this could be a ploy by the International Pool Cue thief, "PePe LeCue", to simply find out where you hide your expensive lumber.

Regards,

Ken (I'm going to move mine to a previously undisclosed location known only to Dick Cheney)

10-15-2002, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Hi JER,
I generally leave two of my cues assembled and standing up in a cue rack. Is this good or bad? The temperature flucuates do to seasonal change but the humidity is controlled fairly well. Should I put the cues away after each use? Seems like lots of unnecessary threading and unthreading of the joint. Opinions?

Paul Mon~~~~~still loves the Blackheart <hr></blockquote>

They have a good chance of warping that way.

Kato
10-15-2002, 07:40 AM
I keep my cues inside of a Guiseppe case next to my pool table. There is a 8 1/2 X 11 picture of myself and Sandor Tot next to it. If the cues get lonely they simply turn on the light and Sandor and I shoot some pool.

Kato

TomBrooklyn
10-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Is there any or much difference between the humidity outside and that inside ones house? Perhaps indoor humidity doesn't change as quickly as outside humidity might? I always kept my play cue in my car so I had it with me. I've been keeping my break/jump cue in the closet laying flat but its in a hard flat box case, not tubes, because the ferrules cracked. Now there is a pool hall on my block so I tend to bring it inside and will store them both upright in a Porper 2x4 case which should be in the mail right now. However, I wouldn't worry about leaving them in the car either and may do that sometimes, but not when it's real cold out. =TB=

nAz
10-15-2002, 03:05 PM
tom kept his cue outside in his pick up for two hours while we drove to PA. last year in the snow! what nut