PDA

View Full Version : Mr."T" Pool Commercial

PQQLK9
10-14-2002, 05:49 PM
I just saw a commercial featuring Mr."T"...for 1-800-COLLECT ...I thought it was pretty good in that Mr."T" is a personality of sorts...he calls a guy "FOOL" and accuses him of being behind the 8 Ball which he crushes with one hand.
Opinions ???

nmshooter
10-15-2002, 04:12 AM
I think the 1-800-collect is owned by MCI. I used them once when I was traveling. The call ended up costing the person I called quite a bit more than they claim.

10-10-220 is also owned by MCI. They are a scam too.

I dont like Mr T. I pity the fool. I saw him at a toughman competition about 5 years ago when I lived in Las Vegas. He was quite rude to some people. Hes not as big as I thought. I couldve took him.....lol, NOT!!!

AS far as the commercial goes. I dont think alot of people have heard the term "behind the 8 ball" so the commercial just makes him look like a bully and then they associate it with pool.

But then again, its just a commercial....lol. As far as commercials with pool ties, I rather liked the one about 6 years ago for the NHL where the guys gets down to shoot and everyone is quiet and then his opponent runs into the picture and whacks him in the back with his pool cue. They were showing how hits were good in hockey but not so good for other sports. Was very funny. Something Ive actually thought about doing to some of the people I have played against.

Sorry for the long post, its late, or early and I cant sleep so Im rambling.