PDA

View Full Version : Repairing a crack in my cue

MinnesotaSlim
03-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Irish tempers aren't a good thing, now I have a crack in my cue. Yes, I do feel like a moron. I started off by pulling on the cue to widen the crack and filling it with wood glue. Then clamping it tight and letting the glue cure for two days. After the glue had hardened I took 600 grit steel wool over the cracks to smoothen them out. It seems to work and I can still shoot with my cue. I just need to find a way to hide the cracks to make it look like a nice cue again. I really love this cue and need to get it back to what it used to be. Any ideas would be great.

The Slim (a little more humble now) Man

Jay M
03-05-2002, 08:26 AM
shaft or butt?

MinnesotaSlim
03-05-2002, 11:16 AM
I really just want to get the high gloss shine back. The crack is on the butt, running from the joint down about four inches.

Slim

Jay M
03-05-2002, 02:27 PM
then you really need to relaminate the whole thing. talk to one of the cue makers for details on this as I haven't done it personally and am hesitant to give instructions on something I haven't done.

Jay M

Chris Cass
03-07-2002, 07:10 AM
Hi Slim,
I hope you epoxy'd the crack. Once this is done and dried for a couple of days. See if it hit's the same. IMO you could have the finish restored but I personally would sell it. Once I seen a guy get upset over a shot and hit the shaft on the cloth. More like a stabe than an all out smash and by fluke accident the butt cracked. We all just looked in amazement. We all agreed that it shouldn't have cracked but that really had no impact on the owner of the cue. He was even more pi$$ed. LOL
C.C.