PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this website ??

Doomsday Machine
10-14-2002, 06:26 PM
In the last week or so I have had difficulty logging on the Billiards Digest website. I thought it was a temporary problem but it happens more frequently than ever. It is frustrating to keep trying for hours to get on the website. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It is the ONLY website that I am having this difficulty with and I have a cable modem and a very powerful computer that is only 9 months old !!

Doctor_D
10-14-2002, 06:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> In the last week or so I have had difficulty logging on the Billiards Digest website. I thought it was a temporary problem but it happens more frequently than ever. It is frustrating to keep trying for hours to get on the website. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It is the ONLY website that I am having this difficulty with and I have a cable modem and a very powerful computer that is only 9 months old !! <hr></blockquote>

Good evening:

It is possible that this website has become so popular that their system can not keep up with the traffic and/or the load. I am sure it will be fixed... Sooner, rather then later.

Dr. D.

10-14-2002, 06:34 PM
but especially if you use netscape.

Rod
10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
DM, same here. I checked it this morning, there was a lot of new messages but not that many. Checked early this afternoon and could not get through. When I did later on in the day there was just a few messages, I seriously doubt enough to overload the server. I think they had some problems today, either internal or external.

MikeM
10-14-2002, 06:59 PM
DDM,

I've had problems all day getting to this board. They continue tonite but it seems to be getting better.

MM

rackmup
10-14-2002, 07:03 PM
It's fine now...they just had to clear some server space by deleting about 800 bluewolf posts.

LOL! Just razzing ya' Laura.

Regards,

Ken (bw has the same first name as the ex. It causes acid-reflux by just typing L-A-U-R-A)

10-14-2002, 07:04 PM
"Good morning"..."Good afternoon"..."Good evening"...you are so weird. Do you really love yourself as much as your pompous posts seem to indicate? Can't you just hang out at the "Advocate" website or some other such place? Please, get lost.

10-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Coward, courage is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.

However, However, it strikes me as odd also to reference the time of day in one's opening salutation.

Slim

10-14-2002, 09:08 PM
You have to very careful, you may not be reading the post in the same time reference as in the opening. If she says good morning and you should happen read it at night, your head could explode.

Doctor_D
10-15-2002, 06:34 AM
"Good morning"..."Good afternoon"..."Good evening"...you are so weird. Do you really love yourself as much as your pompous posts seem to indicate? Can't you just hang out at the "Advocate" website or some other such place? Please, get lost.

Good morning /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

If I did "Get Lost" you would have nothing to bitch about, would you? Then what would you have to post about?

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

ccboard_admin_back
10-15-2002, 06:38 AM
We apologize for the downtime. According to our provider there was a hardware failure on one of their routers, which caused the slow pages and or downtime.

10-15-2002, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> "Good morning"..."Good afternoon"..."Good evening"...you are so weird. Do you really love yourself as much as your pompous posts seem to indicate? Can't you just hang out at the "Advocate" website or some other such place? Please, get lost.

Good morning /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

If I did "Get Lost" you would have nothing to bitch about, would you? Then what would you have to post about?

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

Wrong. He,she, or it can always find new blood to flame.

Troy
10-15-2002, 08:22 AM
And because of this you suggested I needed to alter my timeout setting ????? You could have just admitted it in the first place.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ccboard_admin:</font><hr> We apologize for the downtime. According to our provider there was a hardware failure on one of their routers, which caused the slow pages and or downtime. <hr></blockquote>