PDA

View Full Version : 10-Ball Break-n-run for leagues or tours!

CarolNYC
10-15-2002, 04:07 AM
A friend of mine holds a league upstate each Monday evening-before the league begins(each night) he holds a 10-ball break-n-run contest for the league players -he sells tickets at 1.00/ticket-one ticket is drawn and that person gets a chance to break-n-run a 10 ball rack-each ball he makes is worth 10% of the pot money, whatever money is left rolls over to the next Monday league night-so say he sold 200.00 worth,drew a ticket and the person made one ball-they won 20.00-now the remaining 180 rolled over to the next Monday-and so on and so forth till the end of the league-if nobody was able to win the whole pot, the money was put into the league winnings at the end of the league-the pot got so big, it went to 6500.00-thats 650 a ball-someone ran the rack and won the pot-(I found this exciting cause the person whos ticket gets drawn now has all eyes upon him,ha ha ha)I just thought this was a good incentive and morale booster for the league players!Just wondering, does anyone who plays on a league do this contest?
Carol

nmshooter
10-15-2002, 04:25 AM
I have never heard of that one but it sounds like a neat idea.

When I lived in Las Vegas I would play tourney at The Cue Club. They used to hold something similar. These were handicapped tourneys from A to D players. Everyone would throw in a buck extra who wanted to play in it. The TD would call one person at a time to come over and attempt to break and run a table. Each rack was different depending on your skill rating.

Example.
A players - 15 ball rack
B players - 12 ball crown
C players - 10 ball rack
D players - 9 ball rack

All racks had to be run in consecutive order to win the pot. 1ball, 2ball, 3ball, etc...... If noone won, each week the pot would be rolled over like the one you mentioned and surprisingly the pot reached quite a bit of money before it was won. I dont know if they still do it.

Doctor_D
10-15-2002, 04:28 AM
Good morning Carol:

Sounds great, when do we start ? How about introducing this into the NEWT & CAT Tours?

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
10-15-2002, 05:23 AM
Hey Dr.D,
DONE DEAL!:)
Next CAT event,ha ha ha!
Carol~please draw my ticket,ha ha ha!

Doctor_D
10-15-2002, 05:25 AM
Good morning Carol:

Reminder; Hagarstown Maryland, NEWT Tournament is on the 9th of November. Rockville Maryland, CAT Tournament, is on the 16th of November...

/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
10-15-2002, 05:29 AM
Hey there,
How I love Vegas:)
Yes, whats cool about this one is its "the luck of the draw of the ticket" to see who gets a shot at the pot,so in essence, you could actually have audience get in on it,but then you'd have to have a tournament at the end, because again,its the luck of the draw of the ticket,so even if someone thinks they're a hustler and can run the 10-ball rack, if their ticket doesnt get drawn, they dont have a shot
Glad you liked the idea!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
10-15-2002, 05:52 AM
Yep,and lets just pray that we will all be safe and pray for those who live in Maryland and Virginia-Jesus Christ-what is this world coming to?Unbelievable!
Carol~has e-mailed friends and thanks God they are safe!

10-15-2002, 06:37 AM
hi carol i run a tournament on long island and we do this.we sell tickets 2 for $5 or 5 for $10.it was $1500 last week and a guy made a ball on the break and then the 1 and 2 for a $450 total not bad for making 3 balls.this also promotes the tourney because some people will come just because the pot is high.if anybody decides to start this i have a suggestion.must have played in 3 of previous 5 tourneys to get the whole thing that way you dont have a guy show up when the pot is $3000 he contributed none of it and he gets it all.our rule is the first time you play you are eligible for 20% the second time 40% and the third time the whole thing

PQQLK9
10-15-2002, 08:47 AM
One of the two poolrooms in Front Royal ,Va (Family Billiards [I don't think a family has ever been in there/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif])does this with a 9 Ball rack on Monday nights before their 9 Ball Chip Tournament.

CarolNYC
10-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Hi Greg,
Good suggestion!
I believe my friend initially started this contest with EVERYONE allowed to participate and then when the pot got really big, people started coming out of the woodwork, just like you said-this is probably why he has limited it to LEAGUE players only-but then I wonder, even if someone came outta the woodwork, how many tickets would they have to buy for THEIR ticket to be drawn?:)
3 balls for 450.00-sounds great to me!
Hey, good luck with your league!
Stay well!
Carol

CarolNYC
10-16-2002, 04:00 AM
Hey there POOL DAWG,
Once again, you spell the way I tawk!ha ha ha
Sounds cool to me-you stay very well out there!Word-up!
Carol:)