PDA

View Full Version : Talisman XH+ Break Cue Tip *DELETED*

griffith_d
10-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Post deleted by griffith_d

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I have one of the PRO Ultra hard tips on a break/play cue and I agree, my first weekend breaking with it was super, but to add to that, it played great too. I shoot with hard tips and these fit right in there with my taste.

I have one of the Ultra hard WBs installed on another break cue right now but need to shape the tip before working with it. That sucker even LOOKS hard by visual,,,this out to be a good test. Once I hit a hardness that won't let me draw the rock, then I'll back up to the last hard level of tip and only use the very last one for the straight on brake shots...sid

griffith_d
10-15-2002, 06:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I have one of the PRO Ultra hard tips on a break/play cue and I agree, my first weekend breaking with it was super, but to add to that, it played great too. I shoot with hard tips and these fit right in there with my taste.

I have one of the Ultra hard WBs installed on another break cue right now but need to shape the tip before working with it. That sucker even LOOKS hard by visual,,,this out to be a good test. Once I hit a hardness that won't let me draw the rock, then I'll back up to the last hard level of tip and only use the very last one for the straight on brake shots...sid <hr></blockquote>

These tips that Tony gave me are not on the market yet,..these should be even harder than the ones you have, unless he gave some to you to test also.

These were like little disks of granite,..I tried to cut into it with a finger nail,...not a mark. They were shiny on the bottom.

I am fixin' to leave to the tournament,...later.

Griff

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2002, 07:25 PM
These are the same tips...sid

TalismanTony
10-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a very small qty of the new Ultra hard tips in the US. I am particularly interested in getting feedback on how good these tips are for jump cues. If you would like to join the test, please email and I will send you a tip or two to try out. Numbers are pretty limited (around 20)

Kind regards,

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Tony...I did install the WB Ultra on my McDermott BJ cue, and it is ready for try-out this evening. I'll make sure and try the jump function and add that to my report to you. My post about the breaking ability PLUS the playing ability was fact. Maybe people in general wouldn't want to dabble in the Ultra hard tips for actual play, but not everybody is like me. What else can I say.

Thanks for the chance to test these tips. The Pro Ultra will have the added feature of play time put on it, as will the WB, depending on whether it holds chalk. Bottom line is that I plan to utilize both in all aspects of the game and will let you know how things go, especially with the jumping...sid

SpiderMan
10-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Tony,

I sent you a private message via this board.

SpiderMan