PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rooms in Orlando

ObeOne
10-15-2002, 06:06 PM
What's a nice pool room to go to in Orlando? I'm going to be there all next week on a family vacation, and I don't think I could survive an entire week without playing pool /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-15-2002, 07:21 PM
Hi Obe. I asked the same question back in July:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=22073& Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=9%20Ball%20Girl &Match=Username&Searchpage=16&Limit=25&Old=allpost s&Main=22073

eg8r
10-16-2002, 08:05 AM
Hello ObeOne,

Depends on where in Orlando you are going to be visiting. It takes a little while to drive around the city. Anyways, for the best hall in the entire city, you want to go to Pro Billiards. They have 8 9' Gold Crowns to play on (more tables in the back, but I never play back there). There are $6 Handicapped Tourneys on Monday night and Thursday nights.

Don't get hustled into a game by a guy named Josh he is a terror, and becoming one of the best regulars there. Charlie Williams, Nick Varner are both the in-house pros that play there but I don't see Charlie there much. Nick likes to get there around 4 or 5 and play while it is still a little quiet. There are quite a few other players there that played on the Florida Pro Tour.

Other rooms, if you are near the attractions, then the best, close place would be Jimmys on OBT and Oakridge RD. This is not a great area to be in but the pool hall has cleaned up its image in last couple years. There are a couple rooms over near the University, and a few more out in Altamonte Springs.

eg8r

ObeOne
10-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the info =)

--Mike