PDA

View Full Version : Pool Balls

10-16-2002, 12:10 PM
What is the best set of pool balls? All things considered, table wear, ball consistency, accuracy, etc.

Aramith Super Pro or Centennial made for Brunswick by Aramith or something else?

10-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Also, what cue ball comes with the Super Pro Aramith. I think the Centennial set comes with the blue circle which is supposed to be the exact same weight as the object balls. Correct me if I am wrong. Is it the red circle ball that comes with the Super Pro Aramith? Thanks in advance.

Rich R.
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
I believe the Super Pro Aramith comes with it's own cue ball with an Aramith logo on it, but I'm not sure.
Rich R.

10-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Is that ball the same as a red or blue circle?

Rod
10-16-2002, 01:05 PM
I bought a set of Aramith Pro's that I really like. I guess the best reason is I like the design better not to mention they cost me $60 is a good reason too. Both sets are made to the highest standard. I wish I had a gram scale here but over all I'm sure the ball weight of the Centenials are slightly heavier than the Pro's. That will effect to a very small degree how the balls react, especially the c/b. Most people prefer the Centenials and most of that is based on appearance rather than a very slight difference in how they play. Most pool rooms use Centenials with a Red Circle ball and part of that reasoning is the replacement cost of a Blue Circle c/b.

Anonamus
10-16-2002, 01:10 PM
I recently bought the Aramith Super Pro and the cue ball seems to be equivalent to the blue circle Centennial and it comes with the Aramith logo. They don't make the red triangle anymore. BTW, I wrote to Aramith and they say the Super Pro and Centennials are of the same quality. I think they have to be careful with their language so they don't PO Brunswick.

10-17-2002, 07:01 AM
So, does anyone know for sure which cue ball comes with each set.

Super Pro - equivalent to Red or Blue circle
Centennial - equivalent to Red or Blue circle

Thanks.

Rich R.
10-17-2002, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> So, does anyone know for sure which cue ball comes with each set.

Thanks. <hr></blockquote>
Brunswick Centennial Balls definitely come with the Blue circle cue ball.
I believe the Aramith Super Pro balls now come with an Aramith logo on them, but I'm not positive.
Rich R.

Fred Agnir
10-17-2002, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> So, does anyone know for sure which cue ball comes with each set.

Thanks. <hr></blockquote>
The Centennials currently come with the Blue Circle.
The Super Pros I believe now come with the Red Aramith Logo. I saw a set at my local billiard supply, and it had the Red Aramith Logo.

That being said, Mueller's catalog is using the same old picture with the Red Triangle for the Super Pros. Someone call Muellers please to put this dead horse to bed.

The picture of the TV Super Pros (pink 4-ball, 12-ball)have the Red Aramith Logo.

On a related not, the Aramith Premiums have a Blue Aramith Logo now.

Fred &lt;~~~ needs no more balls

Fred Agnir
10-17-2002, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonamus:</font><hr> BTW, I wrote to Aramith and they say the Super Pro and Centennials are of the same quality. I think they have to be careful with their language so they don't PO Brunswick. <hr></blockquote>
I'm not sure what you're saying here. They are made by the same manufacturer.

Fred

Fred Agnir
10-17-2002, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Is it the red circle ball that comes with the Super Pro Aramith? Thanks in advance. <hr></blockquote>

No. The Red Circle Champion cue ball comes by itself.

Ok, Anonymous guys, it's tough to answer what if I can't tell if I've already answered whom when they all go by the same Anonymous names.

Fred

10-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Rod,
Where did you buy the Aramith super pro balls for $60? The cheapest I have seen is around $135.00. Thanks.

John