PDA

View Full Version : Joss cues - tip question

Elvis
10-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Anyone know what kind of tips come stock on a Joss cue? Thanks

socrates
10-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Per the blue book of pool cues first edition the standard tip is a champion. The tips on the Joss's I own seem to be softer than a Lepro.

I have heard that elkmasters are sometimes also used.

You can call Joss cues at 1-800-245-JOSS.

griffith_d
10-16-2002, 03:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Elvis:</font><hr> Anyone know what kind of tips come stock on a Joss cue? Thanks <hr></blockquote>

This is from the Joss site:

Q: What kind of tip is used on a Joss?

A: Most of the cues I make will have a Triangle tip. I also use Champion or Crown, and I have been experimenting with a layered tip that we are having made in Japan. The jury is still out on that one.

http://www.josscues.com/faq.asp

Griff

Elvis
10-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys..new cue, not sure what kind of tip...still not sure. Never shot with Triangle, Champion or Crown...probably put Talisman on it soon...thanks again

Rich R.
10-17-2002, 04:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Elvis:</font><hr> Thanks for the info guys..new cue, not sure what kind of tip...still not sure. Never shot with Triangle, Champion or Crown...probably put Talisman on it soon...thanks again <hr></blockquote>
If you remember the color of the tip, before you chalked it, you may be able to narrow it down.
I believe the Triangle tips are grey and the others are brown.
Rich R.~~~could be wrong on this one.

Fred Agnir
10-17-2002, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Elvis:</font><hr> Anyone know what kind of tips come stock on a Joss cue? Thanks <hr></blockquote>

The two Joss Cues I bought last year look like they had Triangle tips on them. The cues were both in the "lower end" of the Joss spectrum, if you will (&lt;$450).

Fred