PDA

View Full Version : Sucked in by Patrick again.

10-16-2002, 11:50 PM
I am curious why you all get sucked in by this Patrick guy. He is perpetuating another goofy thread and you guys are participating. Please don't turn this into a thread either, just read. And Patrick, don't bother answering, I am just making a statement and won't get into a dialog with you.

10-17-2002, 01:17 PM
Well Jim, as per your request I DID try not to turn this into a thread, but you don't accept private messages. First, let me welcome you to the board, as I'm sure everyone else has already done, and secondly, Dude, what are you talking about? I couldn't find any active "Patrick" threads, or am I just missing something? Patrick tries my patience far less than some others I could mention, not that I would. While I'm certainly not going to go off on a rant here, it seems to me that Patrick draws more than his fair share of ire from the other kids on the playground. Why is that? There are those who say his statements are too preposterous to ignore. I say we all make some preposterous statements based on our self-perceptions at times. We expect others to respect us anyway, or to at the very least ignore that particular statement. Is it so hard to give Patrick this same courtesy we expect for ourselves? Before you all start responding with things like, "Well, I don't claim to be an alien or God" let me point out that that's just a question of degree. We all claim to be something. Can't we just let Patrick be? Yes, I realize that there are those of us here who are still devout, and consider some of Patrick's theological statements quite blasphemous, but that's HIS to bear, not ours. This board used to watch its conduct. Folks used to think twice about what they contributed to it. We once had the self-control to ignore those who would stir our baser instincts, and I for one, miss that time. I'm not saying that heated debate over subjects that matter shouldn't take place, I think that's a vital function of this board. I'm simply advocating a return to decorum and gentility. All of this "He's an idiot, she's a drunk" crap has no place amongst decent people, and aren't we all decent people here?
Lorri

BTW Jim, I too am an avid gardener. If you would like to swap stories, please send me a private message, with a way to communicate. I'd love to learn how you overcome the challenges posed by the weather in your area, what you grow, etc.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-17-2002, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well Jim, as per your request I DID try not to turn this into a thread, but you don't accept private messages. First, let me welcome you to the board, as I'm sure everyone else has already done, and secondly, Dude, what are you talking about? I couldn't find any active "Patrick" threads, or am I just missing something? <hr></blockquote>

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=41207&amp; page=1&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=6&amp;o=2#Post41207

I think Patrick is hilarious.

10-17-2002, 02:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I think Patrick is hilarious. <hr></blockquote>

I do not know anything about his pool ability or credentials. But this Patrick character, whoever he is, sure gets people going here.It is the people here responding to him, egging him on, making fun of him etc that make a thread long. If nobody responded, the thread would die.

I do think the 'Patricks' of this world make life more interesting.

You bozos who complain about the non-pool related stuff, look at where the majority of your posts go: to flames and gossip. It reminds me of the 'Harper Valley PTA'

rackmup
10-17-2002, 03:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jim Price:</font><hr>"One of humanity's prime drives is to understand and be understood".
R. Buckminster Fuller<hr></blockquote>

An odd "tag line"...proposing that one of humanity's motivations is to be understood and to understand others.

I guess Patrick doesn't fit into your definition of "humanity"?

Regards,

Ken

10-17-2002, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Jim Price:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;"One of humanity's prime drives is to understand and be understood".
R. Buckminster Fuller&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

An odd "tag line"...proposing that one of humanity's motivations is to be understood and to understand others.

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

There's always an exception.

10-17-2002, 09:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Jim Price:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;"One of humanity's prime drives is to understand and be understood".
R. Buckminster Fuller&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

I think you seem to be a basically nice dude, rackmop,it is just that you do not make sense.

As for the quote by jim, maybe that is why humanity is so f***ked up, trying to get their friends to understand them and to understand their friends. Or maybe i do not understand the quote.I do not understand anything about any of you or how this forum is suposed to work.

rackmup
10-17-2002, 09:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: anonymous:</font><hr>I think you seem to be a basically nice dude, rackmup, it is just that you do not make sense.<hr></blockquote>

You are wrong on both counts...I'm not nice and I do make sense...just watch: If you give me twenty-five sense for something that only costs ten sense then I owe you fifteen sense. See...I can make sense.

Regards,

Ken (puts his spare sense in a jar on the dresser every night and cashes it in at the grocery story once every month)

10-18-2002, 12:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> "Well, I don't claim to be an alien or God"<hr></blockquote>I do. I think I might be God. I'm not sure though. Patricks claim to be God is no more preposterous to me than any other claims about god I know of.

And as far as what someone said about don't awnser his threads if you don't want them to continue, I say: What makes you think some poeple don't want them to continue? Slim

Patrick
10-18-2002, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I think I might be God. I'm not sure though. Patricks claim to be God is no more preposterous to me than any other claims about god I know of.
<hr></blockquote>Everyone are God. Think of an apple, if you slice it into billions of pieces, it is still the same material, it is still apple. God is not an old man with a white beard sitting in the sky, GOD is everything.

I have the biggest piece of GOD. I am from the 9th dimension, you can't enter lower dimensions if you are from the 10th dimension, GOD is the 12th dimension, it is everything. The higher planes of existence you are from, the closer to GOD you are.

Patrick

10-18-2002, 09:09 AM
Ken (you are a nice guy although I have felt your heat a few times with your replies), you and Patrick and Jake always have something to say that is interesting and sometimes funny and always worth the few minutes or seconds it takes to read your posts or replies...

There are others of you, of course...I enjoy reading but if I start that list and leave out someone I would feel pretty bad...

I will say I haven't seen Gayle in MD listed lately and she always has something worthwhile to read...(I hope she's not ill)...

Uncle Ron in SC (posting as Anonymous because I can't seem to log in any more)

10-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Patrick, I'm from the 13th dimention. Don't say that there's no such thing, cause there is, really really. It's just that being a ten'er you can't see it yet. Oh i know God is a twelve and he's worked VERY hard on his game over the past few milleniums, but what can i say, he's still working on his safety play. Seems he's got some "issues" with turning up the heat. St ~~Ever hear of "The Big Bang Theory?" No theory. That was my break......your welcome.

10-20-2002, 03:05 PM
The boy genius from Sweden is not even using his native tongue. Kind of like he is playing you folks with his left hand, ain't it?

He IS smarter AND more spaced out then almost all of you. Just because you can not relate to him doesn't mean he is not a genius.

And he is barely out of his teens!

And he doesn't have one once of venom in him.

Mostly, it makes you all feel more like an in -group to bash a harmless outsider.

10-20-2002, 05:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> The boy genius from Sweden is not even using his native tongue. Kind of like he is playing you folks with his left hand, ain't it?

He IS smarter AND more spaced out then almost all of you. Just because you can not relate to him doesn't mean he is not a genius.

Mostly, it makes you all feel more like an in -group to bash a harmless outsider. <hr></blockquote>

Sounds like Patrick talking about himself in the 3rd person again! hahahahahaha!

10-20-2002, 05:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; The boy genius from Sweden is not even using his native tongue. Kind of like he is playing you folks with his left hand, ain't it?

Mostly, it makes you all feel more like an in -group to bash a harmless outsider. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Sounds like Patrick talking about himself in the 3rd person again! hahahahahaha! <hr></blockquote>

no, i think i've got patrick's syntax pretty well figured out and that's not him. matter of fact, i've made pretty much the same point from time to time. 'bout the only time patrick get's hinkey is when someone taunts him. then he gives it back. yep, he's strange but he was here before you and will be here after you leave. besides, i think pretty much everyone here is strange.

dan...'cept me, of course.