PDA

View Full Version : Lost my 9Ball Virginity Yesterday !!

10-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Was the first time i have ever played 9Ball on a proper 9Ball table with proper 9Ball balls. I mostly play 8Ball on a 7ft table with the odd game of snooker

Here are my thoughts

With 9 balls on such a big table, the amount of space you have to move the cueball around compared to when you have 15 balls on a 7ft table is great. I found it relatively easy positioning for the next shot in most cases. Of course when you can't see the ball you need to hit, that's where the fun starts.

Took a while to get used to the break but after a while i was making 1 or 2 balls on the break most of the time, the break is a strength of mine, it just took time getting used to the larger and heavier cueball

Corner pocket potting to me was much easier, middle pocket potting was harder and what i have seen on tv seems to back that up. On a 7ft 8ball table i can make middle pocket shots from very narrow angles, couldn't on the 9ball table, there's less curve on the edges of the middle pocket. The corner pockets however are much wider and more forgiving.

I ran out a decent number of racks and really do like the game. There are different skills needed than in 8ball and i do think my talents would eventually make me a better 9ball than 8ball player.

Sadly there aren't many 9ball tables where i live and i can't afford my own table so i will have to return to 8ball

BTW i am on holiday in Malaysia

Wally_in_Cincy
10-18-2002, 07:04 AM

nAz
10-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Malaysia woaaa be safe dude lots of bombings going on around that part of the world.