PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Pocket reducers

Harold Acosta
10-18-2002, 06:00 AM
I'm searching for pocket reducers. The ones that can be removed after practice. Anyone with info on this item, please contact me by this forum or private message.

Thanks in advance!

Drake
10-18-2002, 06:17 AM
Check this site out. They WILL make you shoot for the center. http://www.lucasi-cues.com/billiardaccessories/improve/equipment.htm

Rich R.
10-18-2002, 06:51 AM
Harold, you can also find them in the new Mueller catalog on page 115. I haven't checked their website, but I'm sure you can find them there also. www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com)
Rich R.

9 Ball Girl
10-18-2002, 12:26 PM
I think Naz uses them every now and then, too.

Fred Agnir
10-18-2002, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I'm searching for pocket reducers. The ones that can be removed after practice. Anyone with info on this item, please contact me by this forum or private message.<hr></blockquote>

I don't know if you want a review, but I've got them and I've got a review.

I think the design is terrible and could use an overhaul. Yes they make the pocket tighter, but the resultant shape doesn't resemble a pocket. The spring system is above the pockets, so shooting a regular game goes out the window. You have to jack up over and around the spring, with possible damage to your cues.

I think that someone should be able to come up with a spring-loaded design that keeps the same shape pocket while reducing the opening. Hell, maybe I'll design it tonight and race you all to the patent office.

Fred

Harold Acosta
10-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Fred, thanks for your review on the "Practice Pro Pocket Reducers" but these are not the ones I am looking for.

A friend of mine has leather pocket reducers that go inside the pockets, fitting very snuggly and cut in perfect angle with the pocket. There was a website that had them, and I had it as a favorite site in my computer but I had to change the motherboard and have since lost the name of the site.

They are in the $100-200 range but I can't remember. Anyone out there has them?

Some of the Pro Players might know which are the ones I'm talking about. I think they were called "Reliners" from the BAR-Co Products company. (I found a note I had written in my wallet).

Any additional info will be highly appreciated!

Harold

10-18-2002, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Harold Acosta:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I'm searching for pocket reducers. The ones that can be removed after practice. Anyone with info on this item, please contact me by this forum or private message.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I don't know if you want a review, but I've got them and I've got a review.

I think the design is terrible and could use an overhaul. Yes they make the pocket tighter, but the resultant shape doesn't resemble a pocket. The spring system is above the pockets, so shooting a regular game goes out the window. You have to jack up over and around the spring, with possible damage to your cues.

I think that someone should be able to come up with a spring-loaded design that keeps the same shape pocket while reducing the opening. Hell, maybe I'll design it tonight and race you all to the patent office.

Fred <hr></blockquote>

will they put chips on the balls, also?

PQQLK9
10-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Hey Harold...look no further I've got what you want...the original RE-LINERS in genuine brown leather (brand new in the box). I never used them because right after I bought them I decided to have the pockets of my table shimmed. I paid $175.00....you can have them for whatever YOU think is fair.

HOWARD
10-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Harold,

I use to use the 6 x 12 snooker table with pool balls trying to sharpen up the pocketing of balls.
Howard

Rich R.
10-19-2002, 05:44 AM
Since you have the original box, can you give us the official name and the name &amp; address of the company? If there is a web address, that would be better. I would be interested in checking them out.

As far as the other ones go, I agree with Fred's review.
Also, if you try to shoot over them, there are some small sharp nubs on them that can put a nasty gash in your hand, if not careful. You are better off taking one out of the pocket if it gets in the way of your stroke.
Rich R.

Harold Acosta
10-19-2002, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> Hey Harold...look no further I've got what you want...the original RE-LINERS in genuine brown leather (brand new in the box). I never used them because right after I bought them I decided to have the pockets of my table shimmed. I paid $175.00....you can have them for whatever YOU think is fair. <hr></blockquote>

I sent you a private message. Check it out when you can.

PQQLK9
10-20-2002, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> Since you have the original box, can you give us the official name and the name &amp; address of the company? If there is a web address, that would be better. I would be interested in checking them out.

As far as the other ones go, I agree with Fred's review.
Also, if you try to shoot over them, there are some small sharp nubs on them that can put a nasty gash in your hand, if not careful. You are better off taking one out of the pocket if it gets in the way of your stroke.
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>

Bar_C0 Products
p.o.box 58 Circleville,NY 10919
1-800-633-6020......

I think the company is out of business...the 800 no. does not work for me.I don't know about a web site but one of the last ads I saw was in BD 8/96.