PDA

View Full Version : bluewolf is in lurk

bluewolf
10-18-2002, 06:34 AM
i am only writing this because of the thread that came up on bluewolf. no responses to this are necessary, but i am sure i will get flamed as i always do when i speak from my heart as me.i am a big girl so will take what comes.

i have been in lurk mode for 5 days. i have been reading here only as bw. i went back and looked at some of my messages and they looked pretty stupid. i tried to del all of them but the board would only let me go back one week. i just left the one where i said things that were good about 'pool school' and my lesson with scott.

when i got on here, i had just moved,leaving my whole family(except ww) and friends...so i guess i wanted friends...and then my neurological self started having problems...i should not have talked about any of my personal stuff on here. i went about things the wrong way..

i have only played pool seriously for about 3 months, but i have been around pool tables since i was 10...over the years, i always played some, sometimes just a little and had no instruction so didnt improve much, but somewhere along the line picked up some little bit of strategic knowlege about pool .....anyway,about the only thing i have to offer is my enthusiasm as a beginner...i get very excited about every new thing i learn, but right now am biting my tongue....because i am in lurk....

even though i went about things the wrong way and talked too much and lots of it was silly, there is something else...

i never felt i could be me here without getting flamed...so in my self-reflection, i have to come to terms with the parts of me that are character defects that i need to change. i also have to look at the parts of me that beat to a different drum, and be honest if even after i change the defects, if i belong here at all.i do not say this to get sympathy but just stating facts...

so eventually, it would be nice to have a few friends here...dont know if that is possible...if it is not because bridges already burned, i do not blame any of you, i am the master of my own destiny...

i dont know if i will ever be back as bw, havent made that decision yet, but know i will definately be in lurk for awhile and keep working on pool.

please dont think this is pity or trying to get people to rally.i have already decided that i will be in lurk for awhile because i do need time for self-reflection to see what i need to change about me and to make my own decision about whether i belong here at all.

bw

10-18-2002, 08:07 AM
I know you don't want any responses but I would like to say something. There is not really anything wrong with posting on boards like this, but it is not a place to come trying to make friends. It is just a place to share some information and pass some time reading if you have nothing to add, but that is about it. Some here may have made friends with people they met through a forum like this, but it is not the reason for coming here. Enjoy the board for what it is, but don't take seriously what a bunch of strangers who have no meaning to you say. Involve yourself in real life, not chat rooms and boards like this.

nAz
10-18-2002, 09:39 AM
Just keep posting what ya like BW
i find it entertaining
Screw the others who dont like it, just ignore them when they start to flame you, after awhile people will notice that they are the problem not you. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Now get go out there and surpass that Doc.D vs WPBA post with something witty!

10-18-2002, 11:37 AM
I admire your desire to look at yourself and make changes. That takes courage. I've been an anonymous lurker and sometimes poster for a long time and it's my choice not to reveal my identity so you can take my post seriously or not take it seriously. It's up to you, but I assure you that am I'm being sincere in what I am saying.

Bluewolf, you've done your share of damage here. I don't mean your trite and silly posts. Those are merely trite and silly, but the damage is in the viscious and insensitive attacks on some of the more knowledgable and experienced posters here. My particular interest is in what you did to Fran, but you did it to others like #### Leonard when you first came upon his posts as well, and there were others who you knew nothing about who you saw fit to mock and attack. What was it that you called yourself? The flame queen? I wouldn't consider that a way to try to make friends, would you? I'm not trying to be cute here, just pointing out a contradiction.

I know Fran a lot of years, maybe 20 or more. She's definitely gone from here and she won't be back. Some of you will be happy to hear that but that's because you have no idea who she is, and that goes for those of you who THINK you know. I've seen what she went through in posting here over the years and if your and others viscious attacks reflect the human condition than we are all in a sorry state. Fran is an amazing person, and if only you could have seen through your own fog instead of get insulted from being shown the truth, you would have realized that. Some people don't like being made to look in the mirror. That's what Fran does and that's what makes her such a great teacher, and that's also what makes some people hate her with such visciousness. I've seen students flurish under her direction. Did you know that while one poster was flaming her here, he was sending her flirtatious e-mails at the same time? That's sick, and that's just one example of many. She'd kill me if she knew I was posting this, but she's gone and I feel it should be said. There was a lot more behind the scenes things going on that were so contradictory it's ridiculous. She never revealed any of that nonsense here when I think she damned well should have. She could have called so many people on so many things but she maintained her dignity under fire which I totally admire. Sure, she eventually blew up, but wouldn't you, haveing been attacked like that?

For those who think she can't play, you're dead wrong. I've seen her chop up really strong players into chopped meat, but over the years, particularly lately, her priorities have always taken precedence and her pool game often had to take a back seat. So go ahead, condemn her for that too, and if you think she hasn't contributed anything to this game you're crazy.

I remember a story in particular she told me about when she was WPBA President. She was determined to get the then very small and insignificant WPBA on the global map of pool organizations, and her plan was to accomplish that at the first BCA Trade show. I asked her how she was going to do it and she told me she was going to walk around the show and meet every vendor and network the WPBA organization until her feet fell off or until she collapsed from exhaustion. I was skeptical, but when she returned she had a big smile on her face and said, "I did it!" She said she introduced herself to every single vendor and explained the WPBA as the governing body of women's pool to each one. Then she said she tried to sneek into the BCA annual general meeting but the speaker saw her walk in. She said he stopped talking and pointed to her, and she thought he was going to ask her to leave. Instead he said, "I'd like to introduce you all to Fran Crimi, President of the WPBA and welcome the WPBA, the governing body of women's pool", and then she got a standing ovation. That was just the beginning and a small example of some of the things she's done. I could tell you at least 50 more stories.

Several years ago, I had testicular cancer which had spread to my lymph nodes and lungs, and the prognosis was not good. Fran drove 50 miles to the hospital and 50 miles back 3 days a week to visit me and she kept my spirits up when I felt like I was a goner. She said giving up was not an option for me. She convinced me and I successfully fought back against the cancer. Every time I tried to thank her, she shooed me away and said she didn't do anything. I know that's not true.

Regardless of what you say in criticism of Fran, I know for a fact that you lost a gem.

10-18-2002, 12:01 PM
You protect and praise Fran, that's allowed and your given right. I'll tell you this though, Fran was attacking at the drop of a hat, not the queen of patience as you want to state, AND her inability to eat crow far undercut any respect I ever had since seeing here posts here. Fran was spiteful at the first hint of weakness from her counterpart in disagreements, and bluewolf was just the latest on the path om many over the years, what a shame that somebody in the lead(Fran) of this board would not be more humble toward fresh minded players coming here to chat. Good riddance to our WPBA pro!

To add one more thing, you made a miserable attempt of being tactfull in telling BW about here mistakes here. I don't see as you helped anything of added any positive here at all.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

10-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Anonymous, you don't have a clue how much Fran has fought for the rights of the regional tours up and coming players and their right to a say in the affairs of the WPBA. Why don't you know that? Because she doesn't come here and talk about it. She just does it. So too bad for you that you have such a distorted opinion of how she feels towards new players. What have you done lately for the sport other than bash people who actually do things for the sport???

Sincerely,
Another anonymous poster.

10-20-2002, 04:12 PM
don't pine for friends here. the alliances are fixed and there are no places for quirky, iconoclastic, angst-ridden middle-aged neurotic - NOT!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thought i had to throw that in. this dump is just a bowl of cherries, ain't it?

10-20-2002, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Anonymous, you don't have a clue how much Fran has fought for the rights of the regional tours up and coming players and their right to a say in the affairs of the WPBA. Why don't you know that? Because she doesn't come here and talk about it. <hr></blockquote>

Wrong!

Every third paragraph or so of Fran's posts she starts with the well-worn: "When I was the president of the WPBA...." It has been trotted out ad nauseum by the old coot so many times one can't help but form the impression that this is a lonely, sad, pathetic old battle-ax whose "best-before-date" was many moons ago.

If the highlight of her professional life happened 20 years ago and she feels compelled to "educate" or remind others of it, I doubt many CCB non-regulars would be interested in what she has to flog.

10-20-2002, 05:46 PM
ah...just a thought, maybe every time you have to take time out from your lurking to go to the bathroom you can write us a 500-word missive saying how much you are gonna miss us, along with another scintillating segment of your confessional. just a suggestion.

travellerdl2
10-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Hey Anon, You are WRONG, In the last year Fran had two posts referring to "When I was the president of the WPBA...." hardly every 3rd paragraph!
It's people like you, gutless exaggerators , that chased her away from the board.
Is this D0wnt0wn? no, at least he has the "cue" balls to sign his name. If you had Dr. D's work ethic maybe you could offer something positive to this board, no, you will probably attack her too!
I feel better now!
I would like to offer the board some pool advice because I believe in the positive impact this forum has on pool!
Before you play an important match make sure you get to the place early. It takes your eyes at least 30 mins, maybe more, to adjust to the lighting.
Mark Hagerman, Proud to sign his name!

10-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Man you are one sick dude or dudette. Crimi is still VERY actively involved but you wouldn't know that, would you...careful, your ignorance is showing!

So get outta here, you damn pack rat! LOL! Go find yourself a fellow low-life to share your problems with and have a few cold ones.

10-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Defending the old hag Crimi, much like attacking the hapless Patrick, seems to be every *Nobody's* ticket to ingratiating himself to the Board.

If that is not too obvious by half, I don't know what is.

You lot are so pitiable it is pathetic!

10-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Go have yourself a beer and chill.

Chris Cass
10-22-2002, 01:37 AM
Anon,

Fran isn't old at all. As a matter of fact she's one of the most straight up person I've ever met. I'm sorry you don't care for her but it still doesn't change the fact she's a woman and should be respected as such regardless of your personal feelings towards her. Please, have some respect.

You do have your right as a human being to choose what you believe to be right. That's not a problem. I myself have disrespected peoples views and thown threats myself but, I've never done this to a woman. That SIR, is not even up for debate, it's rude. Many times one has opened mouth and insert foot. It takes a man to admit when he's wrong. This doesn't mean your veiws or opinions have to change but your opinions of women need some serious attention.

C.C.

Gayle in MD
10-22-2002, 01:45 AM
It is no surprise you do not wish to sign your name to your posts, since they are so unkind, and totally out of line. Fran is a very nice person, which is much more than could ever be said about the likes of you.
Gayle in Md