PDA

View Full Version : Brand New PREDATOR CUES for SALE very CHEAP !!

10-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Goto these links and checkout the cues with extra bonuses

30-40% off retail price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1869004813&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1869019268&rd=1

PQQLK9
10-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Puleeeezze....give me a break...how is an auction guaranteed 30-40 % off. Go already!

Harold Acosta
10-19-2002, 12:15 PM
Cheap? Who wants to pay $500-800 for a piece of crap fire-wood?

10-19-2002, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Cheap? Who wants to pay $500-800 for a piece of crap fire-wood?

<hr></blockquote>

harold, i for one am getting pretty sick of this silly anti-pred campaign you're on. did a predator cue steal your lunch money or what?

i would hope that board readers recognize the attitude and not give much weight to your opinion on the subject. there are a lot of very good players who like the pred shaft and a lot who don't. reasonable minds can differ. you are way past being reasonable and into being silly.

dan...respectfully but irritatedly.

jjinfla
10-20-2002, 06:02 AM
It appears that people agree with you Harold. The auction is now closed on both items and there were NO BIDS. If you notice the seller lives in Orlando. Now I wonder who that could be? Perhaps someone who is sponsored by Predator and was given the cues to be used as tokens at a tournament but were instead kept for himself and now is trying to sell them. The same free ad was run on AZB by someone called pologirl. Jake

Cueless Joey
10-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Predator cues and shafts are junk.
If you have any, send them to me. I have opened a Predator orphanage. I will take good care of them.

Harold Acosta
10-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Jake, both items have been relisted. One price was lowered to $400, and the other to $650.00. The real prices should be $100 and $200 at the most. Predator cues are plain Janes with Hyped-up names.

Cueless Joey
10-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey look at Dan. Alex just beat Busta at the World Pool Masters with a junk stick. I wonder how much better Alex can play if he didn't play with a 314. lol

jjinfla
10-20-2002, 06:54 PM
A 314 goes for less than $200. A good player can play with just about anything and still win. At least that's the impression I get from some of the "road" stories I have heard. I think a person buying an expensive stick is mainly paying for the artist's (cuemaker) expertise and name and reputation. A poor player will still play poorly with a $1,000 stick or a $5,000 stick. Jake

10-21-2002, 07:31 AM
What is your opinion of Falcon cues?

Rich R.
10-21-2002, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Hey look at Dan. Alex just beat Busta at the World Pool Masters with a junk stick. I wonder how much better Alex can play if he didn't play with a 314. lol <hr></blockquote>
Joey, I think you are giving way too much credit to the stick and not enough to the player.
JMHO. Rich R.

Cueless Joey
10-21-2002, 10:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Cueless Joey:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Hey look at Dan. Alex just beat Busta at the World Pool Masters with a junk stick. I wonder how much better Alex can play if he didn't play with a 314. lol &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Joey, I think you are giving way too much credit to the stick and not enough to the player.
JMHO. Rich R. <hr></blockquote>
Maybe but he's playing with "firewood".

Rich R.
10-21-2002, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rich R.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Cueless Joey:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Hey look at Dan. Alex just beat Busta at the World Pool Masters with a junk stick. I wonder how much better Alex can play if he didn't play with a 314. lol &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
JMHO. Rich R. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Maybe but he's playing with "firewood". <hr></blockquote>
All the more reason to give credit to the player. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.

griffith_d
10-21-2002, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Cheap? Who wants to pay $500-800 for a piece of crap fire-wood?

<hr></blockquote>

Ok Harold, give it up,...what do you play with and/or think is a good cue,...

Griff

Cueless Joey
10-21-2002, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Cueless Joey:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rich R.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Cueless Joey:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Hey look at Dan. Alex just beat Busta at the World Pool Masters with a junk stick. I wonder how much better Alex can play if he didn't play with a 314. lol &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
JMHO. Rich R. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Maybe but he's playing with "firewood". &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
All the more reason to give credit to the player. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>
Alex is a future world champ.

Harold Acosta
10-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Visit this page to see what I play with:

http://www.geocities.com/juegabillar/My_Billiards_Photo_page.html

Harold Acosta
10-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Never owned one so I don't have an opinion of the feel or hit. Don't like the looks of any of the current ones on the market. Seen a couple of the old lines that were pretty decent looking. At least Falcon doesn't hype-up their brand with nonsense like Predator and Meucci's.

Scott Lee
10-21-2002, 04:32 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Jim Price:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; What is your opinion of Falcon cues? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Interesting that you would mention Falcon. They are made mostly in China, and imported to Canada. BTW, Falcon manufactures ALL of the Predator butts, except the "new" segmented butt, that is similar to the shafts.

Scott Lee

griffith_d
10-21-2002, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Visit this page to see what I play with:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/juegabillar/My_Billiards_Photo_page.html>http://www.geocities.com/juegabillar/My_Billiards_Photo_page.html</a> <hr></blockquote>

If it is a Schon,...it is probably nice. I really like the Schon STL 14, the Cocobola,...nice.

But, tell the truth now,..would not the Schon you have shoot better with the 314 shaft on it?

Griff

Harold Acosta
10-22-2002, 03:50 PM
You seem to have missed my previous posts on this subject but no, the Predator shaft does not make a difference on how I play with the Schon, or the Lucasi. I do not believe one word about the Predator Shaft or the Meucci shafts for that matter. The so called improvements, in my own very personal opinion, is just suggestive hype made by the makers, and not because of any true scientific discovery . It is all in the mind of the user.

I just prefer to use the regular maple shafts...

griffith_d
10-23-2002, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> You seem to have missed my previous posts on this subject but no, the Predator shaft does not make a difference on how I play with the Schon, or the Lucasi. I do not believe one word about the Predator Shaft or the Meucci shafts for that matter. The so called improvements, in my own very personal opinion, is just suggestive hype made by the makers, and not because of any true scientific discovery . It is all in the mind of the user.

I just prefer to use the regular maple shafts...

<hr></blockquote>

I see, you are a purist,...are you saying that the better mouse trap has been made and no improvement is possible?

Griff

Harold Acosta
10-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Absolutely! Why re-invent the wheel?

griffith_d
10-23-2002, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Absolutely! Why re-invent the wheel?

<hr></blockquote>

That is why we replaced wheel travel with jets.

Griff

Harold Acosta
10-23-2002, 08:42 PM
I rather stay with my "wheels" 'cause that "jet" is more like a kite.

griffith_d
10-24-2002, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I rather stay with my "wheels" 'cause that "jet" is more like a kite. <hr></blockquote>

That is easy to say since you live in PR and have no need for wings. Since you like solid wood,...are your wheels wooden too?

Griff