PDA

View Full Version : Out of body experience?

10-18-2002, 10:41 PM
Ok, lately I've been improving alot, and something wierd happened to me the other day, I was down on a shot, and while I was aiming it up, a voice inside my head said "from the standpoint of a person watching you, does it look like you are about to miss?" I just had a wierd feeling like I was watching myself play, and adjusting myself and my rhythm according to what would make it "impossible" to miss any easy or even difficult shots. Taking the exact amount of time needed to make the shot perfectly every time, and it kept working. Before I'd get down on a shot, I would ask myself what stance, stroke, and aim would I need to dog-proof every shot I took. Consequently, I kept running racks, and playing really good.

I don't know.. maybe I just experienced "dead stroke" for the first time in what feels like years. I don't know.. it was wierd. Anyone ever had this happen?

Patrick
10-19-2002, 02:06 AM
You can't control your vehicle if you are not in it. If you want to go out of body, then your body needs to be in deep relaxation mode (trance) and your chakras need to be running.

I haven't succeeded to go out of body yet, I have swallowing problems.

Patrick

TomBrooklyn
10-19-2002, 02:40 AM
If you didn't keep your head tilted back so far all the time, you would probably have less trouble swallowing.

How does one get their chakras running, anyway? =Tom=

CarolNYC
10-19-2002, 04:22 AM
Seattle-kid,
Good for you for playing well!:)
I would just like to say, your words when you were down on the shot "from the standpoint of a person watching you, does it look like you are about to miss?" is a NEGATIVE question to yourself and your ability, but you went on to say, YOU were watching yourself and thinking its impossible to miss, so , change this saying to "as Im watching myself,Im NOT going to miss!" Think positive-keep it positive-be committed to your shot-then execute-if your second guessing while your down on the shot,get back up!
Good shooting and Good luck!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
10-19-2002, 04:28 AM
Seattle-kid,
Just a clarification-if you MUST think of something,it must be positive, but the real key is the "ability to think of nothing!"
Again, good luck!
Carol

cheesemouse
10-19-2002, 07:08 AM
Patrick,
I want to thank you for the BEST line I've seen here in awhile...you are missing your calling of as dry humor writer...you are one interesting space cadet Patrick.... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You can't control your vehicle if you are not in it. <hr></blockquote>

10-19-2002, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Seattle-kid,
Just a clarification-if you MUST think of something,it must be positive, but the real key is the "ability to think of nothing!"
Again, good luck!
Carol <hr></blockquote>

Well thank you, Carol. I RARELY think negative when I'm on a shot.. if anything, I'm a little overconfident. Thats probably why I say "miss" because it seems to take down my confidence just enough that I can quit thinking I've made the shot before I actually have, and actually THINK about it, and take the time to execute the whole thing from start to finish.

I think this out-of-body thing works for me too.. I was playing today with a guy and he won only 1 game out of like 15 we played (and he isn't a really bad shot). I quit being so overconfident and when I was looking at my shot, I would ask myself if I looked like I was going to make the ball, from the perspective of a person watching me.. and I said "yes" every time, and I made it.

Of course, it could just be that I'm reaping the benefits of my abnormal 4-hours-of-practice-a-day-routine I did the last couple weeks. Sometimes you don't notice a change right away in your game, but eventually you'll see improvement.. even if it's just one ball more than your usual.

Hmm.. something to think about...

Voodoo Daddy
10-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Ah-so...lil NY Grasshopper grasping "nothing". Makes Voodoo very proud....now snatch the pebbles from my hand!!

Patrick
10-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Here you can read about Out of Body: http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/obe.html

This is the best technique for Out of Body: http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/projection.html

Here you can read about chakras: http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/chakras.html

Patrick

CarolNYC
10-20-2002, 04:13 AM
Yes,Master,
L'il NY grasshopper ALWAYS listens with full and yearning heart!I will try to snatch the pebble from your hand when I see you!:)And as Bruce Lee would say, I will continue to "FLOW LIKE WATER!"
Carol~South teaches the North!:)

CarolNYC
10-20-2002, 04:26 AM
Seattle-kid,
Just having a little fun-
I'm thinking that your thinking what I'm thinking when I'm thinking about nothing cause your thinking what you think your thinking when you might be thinking what I'm thinking, which is nothing!:)But whatever you thinking, it sounds like its working-keep up the good work!ha ha ha
Have a good day!
Peace!

#### leonard
10-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I have to say that if I had the choice of running 200 + balls or making love to the most beautiful woman. I would have to pick running the balls, it is a high one would have to experience to understand.####

stickman
10-21-2002, 04:11 PM
That's that blue stuff you put on the end of your stick to keep from miscueing, isn't it? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

10-21-2002, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Seattle-kid,
Just having a little fun-
I'm thinking that your thinking what I'm thinking when I'm thinking about nothing cause your thinking what you think your thinking when you might be thinking what I'm thinking, which is nothing!:)But whatever you thinking, it sounds like its working-keep up the good work!ha ha ha
Have a good day!
Peace!
Carol:) <hr></blockquote>

Hmm... ;&gt;

yeah, I don't really think anything either, most of the time, but I figure if I'm going to think, it might as well be something positive, instead of "OH, this is kindof a hard shot.." or "If I miss this, I'll give up the game.."

But if you were thinking what I was thinking when I was thinking about what people were thinking I was thinking, then you'd be thinking that I dont' think I want to give anyone a shot. Er.. somethin like that..

Or as a drunk person would put it: "Challlkk It Upppp, ErrrRrrllL!!"

I guess..

;&gt;

10-21-2002, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> That's that blue stuff you put on the end of your stick to keep from miscueing, isn't it? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif <hr></blockquote>

I think thats what I use.. but I just call it chalk.. In fact I found that by keeping my "chakras" in my pocket, I'm less likely to lose it or forget where I put it. And I hate it when my opponent takes the "chakras" to the table they are sitting at...

CarolNYC
10-22-2002, 04:32 AM
Hey Seattle-kid,
Positive works for me-so,hopefully the only word you and I will be saying is................
NEXT! ha ha ha

10-22-2002, 03:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Seattle-kid,
Positive works for me-so,hopefully the only word you and I will be saying is................
NEXT! ha ha ha
Carol:) <hr></blockquote>

Exactly.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

phil in sofla
10-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Chakra Khan, Chakra Khan. I feel for you.

phil in sofla
10-22-2002, 09:34 PM
THINKING about how you look from out of your body isn't quite the same as an OOB experience. For that, you'd need to actually SEE yourself from a bystander's position, not just imagine that.

However, whatever this is, other than that, sounds plenty good.

10-23-2002, 03:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: phil in sofla:</font><hr> THINKING about how you look from out of your body isn't quite the same as an OOB experience. For that, you'd need to actually SEE yourself from a bystander's position, not just imagine that.

However, whatever this is, other than that, sounds plenty good. <hr></blockquote>

Well, you make a good point, but for some reason, it almost felt as if I WAS watching myself.. however I was still shooting, I could almost see myself from my opponents angle, down on the shot, lining it up.., and I could give myself feedback as to whether I looked like I was going to miss or not due to the amount of time I was using for each shot, and how strait my warm up strokes were.

It was wierd, but maybe I'm just finally putting the finishing touches on my game, and learning to be perfectly in the moment... not thinking too far ahead, and not thinking of past.. but just intensely concentrated on the moment at hand. ?? Hmm.. it IS working though..

10-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Well if i had the choice of makeing love to the most beautiful woman or running 200 hundred balls..........AARRGGG! I'm torn!! Does it have to be an either or thing? Hey, how bout one followed by the other, that would be right special LOL. Tuff call, ya i'd pick the 200 ball run too. Looks are over rated.

Hmmmmmm, i wonder if a woman would come to the same conlusion? You know for doing 200 balls or, i dunno, George Cluney. St ( or how bout one shot, the best shot in the world.....or ME 200 times ) aaah this is going knowwhere /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif