PDA

View Full Version : who's at the Olathe tourney

mike_in_iowa
10-19-2002, 12:31 AM
oops, I am a the midwest 9 ball tourney at Olathe Ks. as usual a huge turnout. 130 men and 25 women. some of the big names are larry neval, jimmy wetch, dave matlock, jamie baraks, steve hassel and about 50 other world beaters including our own chris cass. haven't seen him yet but heard he is here.

I lost my first match 9-7. I missed two balls and 1 kick. thought I played pretty good so I don't feel all that terrible. tomorrow will be a better day. My wife did win her first match 7-3.

I am down here looking for a cue but nothing is catching my eye. check back for match scores sat pm.

nmshooter
10-19-2002, 04:38 AM
What time do the matches get underway on saturday. I might drive out and take a look at the great players and maybe meet up with some of the ccber's.

Karatemom
10-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Not sure about what time matches start, but I can tell you that Karla in IA is there and Chris Cass is there and Stickman is supposed to be there. They had the draw last night around 11 and Chris plays this morning at 11:30 against Dave Matlock.

Heide

10-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Hey Mike...

If Thierry Layani (www.layanicues.com) shows up ..take a good look at his cues...He a CCB poster and came in second in our tournament at CueMasters last month..He's from Montreal and has some really nice designs...as well as a very unique new joint...I almost bought one but I had too many expenses during the trip since my car broke down on the way and I had rent an suv to get there....(motor repairs and suv rental totaled 1650.00)

Uncle Ron in SC

stickman
10-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Chris~~~~What a first draw!!!! (Matlock) I was there from about 3:30 to 4:30 Sat. between matches in Lenexa at Breakers (APA regional playoffs), I didn't find Chris. I saw that he played at 5:30 and I wanted to watch, but had to get back to play my own match. I made it back to Shooters around 10:30 and stayed til 12:00. I still didn't run across him. Sun. I was there from about 2:30 til 4:30 and even had Chris and Karla_in_IA paged, but no luck. I carried my cue case around on my back with my CCB tag, all weekend, just in case someone might notice it. All and all, I had a good weekend. My APA team didn't win, but finished high enough to offset some expenses. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Still I would have liked to meet some CCB friends.

stickman
10-20-2002, 07:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: mike_in_iowa:</font><hr>oops, I am a the midwest 9 ball tourney at Olathe Ks. as usual a huge turnout. 130 men and 25 women. some of the big names are larry neval, jimmy wetch, dave matlock, jamie baraks, steve hassel and about 50 other world beaters including our own chris cass. haven't seen him yet but heard he is here.

I lost my first match 9-7. I missed two balls and 1 kick. thought I played pretty good so I don't feel all that terrible. tomorrow will be a better day. My wife did win her first match 7-3.

I am down here looking for a cue but nothing is catching my eye. check back for match scores sat pm. <hr></blockquote>

Mike, I found a cue, but my wallet wasn't deep enough. LOL

It was a 60" implex joint all wood, no wrap.( Wesson or Weston was the builder, I'm not for sure the name, but no matter, out of my price range.) I sure wish I'd hurry up and win the lottery.