PDA

View Full Version : 10-ball, Partners & Defection, Dancing and Hamburgers

rackmup
10-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Have you ever partnered up with a guy (or gal) in any of the pool games like 8,9 or 10-ball, only to wonder who your partner really belongs to?

Last night, during a friendly game of 10-ball, I partnered up with Eg8r while Mrs. Eg8r and OnePocketChamp took us on in a race-to-20 points.

It was looking good for us early on. We were establishing a commanding points lead when I happened to notice that Eg8r began missing easy shots with regularity. At one time we were ahead by 10 points, only to allow OPC and Mrs. Eg8r back into the race.

We wound up winning by 2 points but I really think Eg8r's wife must have offered him the sofa as his next sleeping alternative if he didn't help her cause.

On another, brighter note; Billy Weir's Sky-High Billiards was very busy last night (that's a good thing, considering we are a little nervous about their cash flow.) Almost every Diamond table was busy and I have to agree with Kato...having some good looking gals struttin' around the place is a welcome distraction from OnePocketChamp's ever-present unlit cigarette dangling from his mouth or Eg8r's constant bragging about his 880 volume Accu-Stats video collection.

In closing...are any of you "Seinfeld" fans? Remember the episode where Elaine's office staff made fun of her poor dancing skills? A word of warning: If any of you ladies ever meet OnePocketChamp, while he might possess the rugged looks of the "Marlboro Man", his dance moves make Elaine look like Fred Astaire. I've seem more rythmic movements out of an injured wild animal suffering convulsions.

Well, that's my take on Friday night's happenings here in North Texas. A new chapter opens today when we all meet again at 1:30.

Regards,

Ken ("Tommy's" on the corner of I-30/Green Oaks (Fort Worth) makes a burger better than any other in the WORLD. Yes, I've tried ALL of the other burgers and these are Five-Star.)

eg8r
10-19-2002, 06:32 PM
I cannot believe you would air this on the board for all to see. I will let you know if we happen to pair up on Saturday, then I will show you what kind of partner I can really be. I love this game and strive only to be the best. I am sure you can see this every time I approch the table.

eg8r

rackmup
10-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Today was no different with Eg8r as my partner against OnePocketChamp in a two-against-one 1-hole match. He was spotting us 10-7 and there was no way we could lose...that is, until Eg8r started missing easy shots again and suddenly, all OPC needed to win was one ball.

He got it. Eg8r fired it right into OPC's pocket.

Screwed again.

Regards,

Ken (see ad below)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>WANTED

Pool Partner. Pool skills not necessary (my former partner had none, except when it would benefit the "other side".) He/She must be one who understands loyalty to his team/partner. "Benedict Arnolds" need not apply. Recent transplants from Florida will need to pass a criminal background check, drug testing, mental profile exam and have at least three verifiable references that can attest to his/her loyalty.

If interested, call rackmup at Billy Weir's Sky High Billiards.<hr></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
10-19-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm not transplanted from Florida, yet. I sure can pass all the other qualifications &lt;maybe not the mental profile&gt;, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ken, the game you were playing is called "Captian's" 1-pocket...just so ya know

jbullerjr
10-20-2002, 12:18 AM
I thought that might have been you guys. I was the big guy (well...6'2" 230 #'s) in the blue shirt on table 8.

Do you know either of the guys I played?
The second one, Glen, plays pretty damn good.

eg8r
10-20-2002, 10:47 AM
I remember you know. I did not know either of the guys that you played, but rackmup and Onepocketchamp know him (somewhat).

Rackmup was cracking me up everytime that guy would chalk his stick (the first guy you played). He had so much passion for the chalk that he would take his time and really look at the tip while he chalked it.

eg8r

eg8r
10-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Hey Voodoo, that is what we called it the first time I played with them, however since I was not as stellar this week, he would not allow us to call it that because although I was on the team with Ken he did not feel I was his team mate. lol

eg8r (Secretly I think rackmup is envious of the way I am able to turn my game on and off.)

rackmup
10-20-2002, 09:50 PM
...Captain's 1-Pocket. I knew that. Yep. I sure did. Captain's 1-Pocket.

Regards,

Ken