PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open on CBS Sunday Morning.

Rich R.
10-20-2002, 07:13 AM
For all those interested, CBS Sunday Morning show, on now, is going to show a piece that they did at this years U.S. Open. Many of us in attendence saw their crew there and have been waiting for the piece to run.
Finally some national media support for pool.
I hope it is a good story.
Rich R.

cheesemouse
10-20-2002, 08:24 AM
I just watched it. I am amazed, finally a major network puts a piece on pool that didn't totally dump on the game. There is hope after all. Yippeeeeee!!!!!!

nAz
10-20-2002, 08:24 AM
Who the hell is up that early on sunday morning?

Karatemom
10-20-2002, 08:43 AM
I didn't know it was on until I flipped through the channels. I thought it was presented very well. They did a great job of shining a favorable light on the sport. It's about time!!!

Heide

SPetty
10-20-2002, 09:01 AM
This was an excellent multi-minute piece, very well done by main stream media. CBS Sunday Morning has been one of my favorite shows for years. Charles Osgood was the reporter on this piece.

Black Boar cues was prominently spotlighted. They mentioned side betting. They mentioned Earl Strickland and Tommy Kennedy and and bunch of others and Ralf Souquet and Alex Pagalayan. www.billiardcue.com (http://www.billiardcue.com) got some exposure. They mentioned that it was the first pay-per-view. They made it look like fun.

They didn't mention Behrman, although he was shown. They didn't mention the CCB tournament.

Rich, next time give us a little more notice, eh? I would have been really sorry if I had missed this one...

PQQLK9
10-20-2002, 09:18 AM
darn it I missed it...was up late watching sniper report...if anyone hears of a replay please post ....thanks