PDA

View Full Version : Souquet crowned World Pool Master

Harold Acosta
10-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Info from AZ Billiards:

Ralf Souquet was crowned World Pool Masters champion for a record fourth time after a 9-4 victory over Efren Reyes in the final at the Woughton Centre, Milton Keynes on Sunday evening.

In a two-hour contest, the Magician from Angeles City never got going, and Souquet kept his composure to take the title.

Despite losing the lag, Reyes took the first leg, but his potting misses proved costly and Souquet rattled up a 4-1 lead.

But in the sixth, a missed Masse shot from Souquet gave Reyes ball in hand and he pounced to take the rack.

A scratch in the next from Reyes handed the German the initiative back and he took his time to run-out. Reyes was struggling for rhythm, and all too often he let Souquet off the hook with missed pots.

More info at:
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=493

Nostroke
10-20-2002, 07:53 PM
That's 4 tournaments in a row without a loss for Ralf. That's strong but still, i can say in all truthfulness, he doesnt shoot like me.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-20-2002, 08:47 PM
This should be the clincher for Player of the Year for Ralph Souquet.

Great time to put your game together.. Congrats to a great pool player.

Doomsday Machine
10-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Having known Ralf since 1987 I am pleased that he is doing so well on the international stage. He has been a dominant force in Germany and Europe for many years (winning over 180 tournaments. His game is not flashy, but extremely effective. I have played against him in tournaments on several occasions and before you know what has happened the score is 5-1 for Ralf and you maybe have gotten to shoot at 1 ball !! He is also a gentleman and a true sportsman, something you don't always find in combination with world class players.

Harold Acosta
10-20-2002, 10:54 PM
I met Ralph at the 1999 US Open at John Collins booth (Instroke Cases). We talked a little about Pool in general and he was a very nice person. He even dedicated one of his Joss Cues pictures to me. In the back of the picture, it has all the Titles he had won from 1985 until 1998. I sure will have to do some homework to update his resume!

If you have additional info about his titles after 1998, please send me a private message. I sure will appreciate it!

Harold Acosta
10-20-2002, 10:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> This should be the clincher for Player of the Year for Ralph Souquet.

Great time to put your game together.. Congrats to a great pool player. <hr></blockquote>

Tom, Ralph has sure made a name for himself this year!...and altough I'm vying for Bustamante to win Player of the year, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Souquet wins it!