PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Billiard Room!

10-20-2002, 08:25 PM
What entails a perfect room? This could be the type of tables, atmosphere, location, food, etc. We need your opinion. Thanks!!!

PQQLK9
10-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Why smoke-free of course!

Tom_In_Cincy
10-20-2002, 08:45 PM
"Anonymous" posters with lots of money to spend and give aways.. would be a good start.

Perk
10-21-2002, 06:15 AM
Hall of Fame Billiards in Warren, Michigan is an example of what I believe to be the perfect room. The only downside to that room is that it isnt 24hrs..lol.

Very large room with lots of space. Big Screens/Little Screens/Green Room/Bar/9ft's/7ft's/12ft Snooker/Darts. HOF has good tourneys, and even a straight pool league. HOF also has really good specials for prices. But in my opinion depending on what equipment you have, upkeep is the most important thing. Good cloth, clean tables, and decent house cues (I pick up one for jumping).

http://www.insideenglish.net/HallofFame.htm

Vagabond
10-21-2002, 06:57 AM
Howdy Folks,
It is very difficult to find one.
The one I liked, players in Augusta,Georgia, was closed.
I like Billiard Palace in Tulsa,Oklahoma( Though smoke stays on your face because of low ceiling). HOF in Warren,Michigan is all right but I was not smitten by it(I was there once).
This is what I like:
(1)If music is a must then I can only tolerate BLUE GRASS or COUNTRY
(2)Clean and neat Rest rooms
(3)Good lighting in the parking lot.
(4)Curteous staff
(5)No other rednecks in the room and I cannot stand them.I SHOULD BE THE ONLY REDNECK in that room.
(6)Space between the tables
(7)Clean balls and tables and good supply of usable chalk
(8)Good cross ventilation to drive the smoke away
(9)Good food and pretty girls who like the boys.
(10)Waitresses who do not expect tips on Table time also inaddition to food and drink.
By the way I like Magoos(Tulsa) also.
Majority of the pool rooms are not upto the par.This is because the owners of the rooms have a different philosiphy and agenda.Cheers
Vagabond

Brent
10-21-2002, 09:48 AM
I like my local poolroom the best. i also think its the best in Estonia. All the other places really suck compared to that. Its quite small only 12 tables or so but as pool isnt so popular in estonia its perfect. All the pooltables are 9 foot (theres 9 of them too:)). There is one snooker table and 2 russian pooltables. The prices are quite good and the food is great. They also got these lockers for ur equipment wich is a really good idea cuz I dont live near the place but my college is near it so if I dicide to play a bit my cue is there. Whut else? Its cozy: the room is decorated like ur in your someones living-room. Ok later.

Brent

griffith_d
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy Folks,
It is very difficult to find one.
The one I liked, players in Augusta,Georgia, was closed.
I like Billiard Palace in Tulsa,Oklahoma( Though smoke stays on your face because of low ceiling). HOF in Warren,Michigan is all right but I was not smitten by it(I was there once).
This is what I like:
(1)If music is a must then I can only tolerate BLUE GRASS or COUNTRY
(2)Clean and neat Rest rooms
(3)Good lighting in the parking lot.
(4)Curteous staff
(5)No other rednecks in the room and I cannot stand them.I SHOULD BE THE ONLY REDNECK in that room.
(6)Space between the tables
(7)Clean balls and tables and good supply of usable chalk
(8)Good cross ventilation to drive the smoke away
(9)Good food and pretty girls who like the boys.
(10)Waitresses who do not expect tips on Table time also inaddition to food and drink.
By the way I like Magoos(Tulsa) also.
Majority of the pool rooms are not upto the par.This is because the owners of the rooms have a different philosiphy and agenda.Cheers
Vagabond
<hr></blockquote>

You missed something,....

1. the house cues should all be custom cues so you can test out the different brands.
2. they should have a cuemaker on site at all times to put on different tips on the house cues so you can try different tips.
3. always have a person to rack for you and your opponent.
4. video equipment so you can see what you did wrong, using instant replay.
5. should have a pro there at all times so you can ask questions, be shown a new shot or advice(needed or not).
6. have a monthly membership at $30 a month.
7. only the best tables and cloth,...no bar tables(nothing against bar tables).
8. pay your bets if you do not have emough money.
9. spotters to pick out the players that are not as good of player as you.
10. The final quality of the "Ideal Billiard Room", a free drink every time you make the 9 ball on the break.

Griff

Perk
10-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Uhmm Ya! I would be there...Prob quit my job, sell my car and kids, and become a hustler!

Brent
10-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Yeah..count me in too...hell with the college and other non-important stuff. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Brent

10-21-2002, 10:24 PM
We appreciate the feed back!!! However, more opinions would be greatly appreciated (parking, food, set-up, layout, lights, platform, etc) We would also like to hear from avid and casual pool players. We think it's important to hear from both perspective. Talk to yah later!

Wally_in_Cincy
10-22-2002, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> We appreciate the feed back!!! However, more opinions would be greatly appreciated (parking, food, set-up, layout, lights, platform, etc) We would also like to hear from avid and casual pool players. We think it's important to hear from both perspective. Talk to yah later! <hr></blockquote>

Uhhh...if you search the archive you will find more opinions on this subject. It has been discussed a whole bunch here. HTH

PQQLK9
10-22-2002, 09:48 AM
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/elvispool.jpg
Elvis' Poolroom (Graceland) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-22-2002, 10:46 AM
The table looks good but I feel like the walls are sharking me! http://smilies.networkessence.net/cwm/cwm/freak3.gif

Wendy&lt;-- /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

TomBrooklyn
10-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Thats not Elvis's poolroom. Thats a tent and it belongs to an successful Egyptian merchant who criss-crosses the desert in camel caravans and transports the whole thing with him. This is the guy. http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~mrdarius/music/tunak.ram He is a happy guy. =TB=