PDA

View Full Version : Are all the boys playing *GRASP* ...pool?

10-21-2002, 08:07 PM
For all of you who happened to have watched 60 Minutes last night, it is now apparent that girls of all ages have more than reversed the gender gap in acdemic performance. Some facts as quoted from the segment:

- Some 70% of all students on the Honor Roll in the high schools sampled are girls.

- 60% of all students in 1st yr Law last year in the U.S. were women. Med schools and business schools show the same trend.

- Women have increasingly composed the majority in U.S. undergrad attendance in the last 7 years (when they first surpassed 50%). If present trend holds and the statistical trend is extrapolated to its extreme, the U.S. will be graduating its last male undergrad in around 2068.

- In one high school profiled, the last nine valecditorians were all girls.

- The number of girls now surpass boys' nationally in every honor class category, including math and the sciences.

- Women are increasingly filling the majority of the NEW white collar jobs, and the men the blue collar ones.

- While girls are MOTIVATED to achieve scholastically, boys seem less so than generations past. They now seem to be overindulging themselves in sports, video, and computer games. And maybe *GRASP* ..... pool?

10-22-2002, 04:02 AM
so are you saying only dumb idiots(read that "males") play pool? hell, i've always known that /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif:):)

i think you've stumbled on the heart of pool's problem /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

10-22-2002, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: arnie:</font><hr> so are you saying only dumb idiots(read that "males") play pool? hell, i've always known that /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif:):)

i think you've stumbled on the heart of pool's problem /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif <hr></blockquote>

Judging by the gen pop in this pleasure palace that is the CCB, I would extend the compliments to the distaff side as well.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-23-2002, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>

Judging by the gen pop in this pleasure palace that is the CCB, I would extend the compliments to the distaff side as well. <hr></blockquote>

i hope you keep posting. an old feller like me needs some incentive to expand his vocabulary. thnx

Doomsday Machine
10-23-2002, 03:00 PM
I am assuming by what you have written that you are of the female gender. If you are attempting to show that you are more intelligent than your male counterparts you have done a very poor job in proving your point. You have made a total of eleven mistakes in only a few sentences, including:

... playing *GRASP* should be *GASP*
acdemic should be academic
yr should be either yr. or year
in around should be around
If present trend should be If the present trend
valecditorians should be valedictorians
were all girls should be were girls (the all is not required)
boys' should be boys
white collar should be white-collar
blue collar should be blue-collar
grasp should be gasp

I think you slept through too many English classes during your schooling period.

Doomsday Machine
10-24-2002, 01:36 PM
Since this post was dropped down by all of these older, long threads I thought I would bring it back to give it a chance to be read by the original poster.

Ludba
10-25-2002, 02:02 AM
Doomsday:

I think the poster was restating that age-old argument,"Girls rule and boys drool." And while the statement's simplicity appeals to the low-brows who are already predisposed to "You're-a-doody-head"-type arguments, we should remind the original poster that men continue to make 23% more than women for the same jobs, we hold more prominent public and business positions, AND we get to pee standing up. That would probably explain why we have the lattitude to be *Grhxasp!* playing pool to the exclusion of other productive pursuits. Aside from dealing with women, we don't have very many difficult tasks to worry about.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go kill an animal with my bare hands, eat its raw flesh, and then impregnate my wife.