PDA

View Full Version : HI EVERYONE!

Gayle in MD
10-22-2002, 01:20 AM
Just thought I would say hi to all. I haven't had much time to post lately, but have tried to take a moment or two here and there to scan over the good ole' CCB. I have missed my CCB friends these past few months. It's been a very busy time for me, but I hope to have more opportunity to read the board, and maybe even to post occasionally. I hope all is well with all of you, and that we will enjoy a good time together communicating over the CCB.
I am sorry to learn that there have been some rather cruel things written here to, and about, some of my favorite posters here on the CCB, and I really hate to bring this up, having neglected my CCB family over these past few months, but I did want to comment that I think we should encourage the CCB Administration to prohibit posters who do not consistantly use a name of some kind when they post, even if it is just a made up name. It would atleast allow those of us who do not wish to read unkind things, which are written here about our friends, to ignore those posters who are likely to be brash and cruel, and prevent such posters from spoiling the good aura which existed here for so long. I don't know the history behind some of what has happened in my absence, and truly I do not have the time at present to read through all the archives, but if we have lost Fran Crimi as a poster, once again, and it seems a few others are also inactive, then I think we should encourage the administration to insist that all posters use some kind of handle, if you will, so that we may identify in advance those posts which are likely to be negative, hence such posts could be consistantly ignored. It seems obvious to me that most of the negative posts are always from the ANON posters. It could be just one person responsible for most of them. Forgive me if this post is redundant, as I said, I have not checked the archives to see if this subject has already been discussed, but having read a few of these nasty posts this evening, I, for one, truly think we should request no Anon. posts.
Now I've said what I think, and forgive me for bringing up a negative subject after having been gone so long. I do have a few stories to share with you all, and I'll be in touch again, I promise, on a happier note!
Regards,
Gayle in Md.

Chris Cass
10-22-2002, 01:47 AM
Hi Gayle,

I'm glad to see your back. You've been missed. Yes, we've been through some rough times and the board doesn't have the family atmosphere that used to be here. That's not good but we've all tried to grin and bare it. Yes, my friend Fran has left. Still people manage to disrespect her. It's bothered me how callous(sp) people have become towards her. Even name calling. I know it's reduced her to tears. Maybe someday the board will see this as a wake up call and give the women in the world some credit for the class they bring to the sport and our lives. Good to see you back Gayle.

Regards,

C.C.~~not a member of spanky' "Woman Haters Club"

Kato
10-22-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey Gail. Hope all is well. Hope you stick around. We miss ya.

Kato~~~A member of the Chris Cass Corn Club

Doctor_D
10-22-2002, 03:10 AM
Good morning Gayle:

Great to have you back...

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
10-22-2002, 03:54 AM
HI GAYLE,
Im glad you are doing well!
Carol~hope to see you in Rockville!

Rich R.
10-22-2002, 04:05 AM
Hi Gayle, I hope you weren't practicing your break shot on the boat and put a hole in the side of the hull. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Nice to have you back, for the winter, at least.
Rich R.

Paul_Mon
10-22-2002, 05:16 AM
Gayle,
Welcome back. I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion to eliminate anonymous posting. Maybe someone will start a thread and ask the question "Would you prefer that all posters are registered users?"

Paul Mon

Voodoo Daddy
10-22-2002, 05:42 AM
Well look what the cat dragged in!! Hope all those weekeneds on the water payed off...nice to see ya back lady!! I missed ya, no doubt.

Vagabond
10-22-2002, 07:27 AM
Wellcome back!
My grand mother told me that bad people are there and u can`t get rid off them but u can stay away from them.yes we had a big display of cruelty recently.Yes,as u suggested, we can avoid reading their posts when we know who they are.It is a slippery slope leading to gradual erosion of freedom of speech/thought.See how that Sniper dude in Maryland making the people lead restricted life styles( limitation of freedom)I am not in favor of loosing freedom of choice.Cheers
Vagabond

9 Ball Girl
10-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi Gayle! Welcome back! I was still a Stranger with about no more than 15 posts when you first answered my "I've Got A Question" post and am still appreciative of the advice that you and others gave me. Look at me now, I'm an Addict! /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

And oh yeah, while you were gone, a couple of us met down (or up depending where you're from) in Virginia for the big CCB Open and the US Open. Needless to say, a good time was had by all.

Psst...whatever you do, don't mention the name Sandor Tot in front of Kato. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

silverbullet
10-22-2002, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Gayle,

I'm glad to see your back. You've been missed. Yes, we've been through some rough times and the board doesn't have the family atmosphere that used to be here. That's not good but we've all tried to grin and bare it. Yes, my friend Fran has left. Still people manage to disrespect her. It's bothered me how callous(sp) people have become towards her. Even name calling. I know it's reduced her to tears. Maybe someday the board will see this as a wake up call and give the women in the world some credit for the class they bring to the sport and our lives. Good to see you back Gayle.

Regards,

C.C.~~not a member of spanky' "Woman Haters Club" <hr></blockquote>

I have all along felt totally responsible for what happened to fran. Even though others chipped in with flames, it started with me taking one of her posts personally. I felt that I was cruel,which is a horrible thing. I never would have thought that I would be capable of doing such a thing. I have wished that I could take back all my words but I cannot.

And when fran is bashed by anons recently, I feel mad. Maybe I am really still mad at myself but I also think it is cruel to keep bashing her,she isnt even here to defend herself.

bw

Cuemage
10-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Hi Gayle!
When is Scott coming back?

Thanks

Tha Cuemage

Tom_In_Cincy
10-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Hello Gayle.. good to chat with you the other nite.. hope all is well.. and you begin to tell us about those great league matches.. keep practicing.. hope to see ya soon..

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Well Laura,

If you feel this way the only thing you can do is to email her and tell her how you feel. This is one way for you to get closure. Others that have bashed her had personal motives on their agenda. You actually were played, yourself. If you need the email address I believe it's Americanbilliards.com ?

C.C.

bluewolf
10-23-2002, 06:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Well Laura,

If you feel this way the only thing you can do is to email her and tell her how you feel. This is one way for you to get closure. Others that have bashed her had personal motives on their agenda. You actually were played, yourself. If you need the email address I believe it's Americanbilliards.com ?

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

Thanks Chris. If you or somebody else has fran's email, could you please send it to me pvt at bluewolf?

bw

Gayle in MD
10-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi back to all,
Thank you for your responses guys, I really missed you all. With my Mom not doing well, I have had to postpone many activities, such as going to the CCB tournament and Brady's Tourney.

C.C., thanks, and I am always sorry for anyone who has to endure such experiences. Unless it is an anonymous post, I am usually sorry for the offenders, as well, since we each have bad days occasionally, and fail to use our better judgement. I won't mention names, but some of you may remember that I had some trouble with a poster once, and eventually he left the board. Looking back, I regretted that I hadn't been more patient with him. I think that he just pushed my buttons a few times, and when he left the board, although it was later, and didn't really have to do with me, I felt bad about it because he really had a lot to offer as a poster and was very knowledgeable.

Rich, I didn't put any holes in the boat, but I sure put my share of wear and tear on the tables in Ocean City over the summer! LOL, at the end of the year, they put all new Simonis on the tables at Mulligans!

Also, it was a great year for Tuna Fishing in O.C., and we sure got our share! BTW, My hubby agreed to First Mate with a Charter Fishing Captain friend of ours at the marina, so if anyone wants to charter a nice thirty-five foot Carolina Classic Sport Fishing Boat in OC next year, I'm that gal to e-mail, LOL.

Kato and Voodoo, what's up with you guys, you've become so cordial with one another, I miss the old "Gotcha" posts you two used to banter. You're getting so lovey dovey it's getting YUK! I'll have to think of a way to get you two stirred up, so I can sit here and roar with laughter like the old days!

Anyway, Carol, so whats the "Word Up" gal, and when you comin' to see me??? I need ya to teach me "THE JUMP" and only you can do it, LOL. I haven't lactated in years, so it's safe, LOL.

I appreciate the welcome from each of you, and I sure hope that we can try to instill a kinder, gentler MO here on the CCB. With so much terror, and suffering in the world, we must each endeavor to cherish one another.

Here's to the future, and a good time this winter on the CCB. They got the sniper, guys, so we don't need any snipers here!

Be Love, and thanks to all for the welcome!
Gayle in Md

Gayle in MD
10-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Hi Tony, last time I heard from Scott we were trying to put something together for around Thanksgiving time. I will definately let you know about it when we have a date set. Scott has been dealing with his elderly Dad, as I have with my Mom, so we are both in "Tentative" mode as to planning for future dates. Hopefully, we can pull something off though, and I will post about it when we do.
Thanks for the welcome,
Gayle in Md.