PDA

View Full Version : Markers on Table, what do u use ?

bigbro6060
10-22-2002, 03:59 AM
You know when you want to put markers on the table so you can shoot the same shot exactly over and over again

What do you use ?

Chalk ?

those reinforcement hole things used to reinforce holepunched paper in a leverarch file ?

Now i tried those reinforcement hole things and whilst they are good, when i peel them off, there is a bit of the felt stuck to them, not much of course, but still.

any other recommendations of what can be used for markers ?

CarolNYC
10-22-2002, 04:19 AM
May I ask what kind of cloth you have?One instructor did mention to me he uses those reinforcements!:)I never heard of the felt sticking to it-
Carol~just wondering!what about the saliva spot-dot?

Jay M
10-22-2002, 05:54 AM
I use hole reinforcers or those dots made for marking file folders. I don't do it often though because drills aren't my style. I only pull them out when I have a shot that I am having a lot of trouble with.

Jay M

SPetty
10-22-2002, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigbro6060:</font><hr> those reinforcement hole things used to reinforce holepunched paper in a leverarch file ?

Now i tried those reinforcement hole things and whilst they are good, when i peel them off, there is a bit of the felt stuck to them, not much of course, but still.<hr></blockquote>Hi Bro,

I'm sorry I don't know what a leverarch file is. The hole reinforcements that people here have talked about are used to reinforce the holes punched in paper for loose leaf notebooks. Is that the same thing?

If you don't like them being so sticky, stick them to your hand before sticking them to the cloth. They'll lose a little of their sticky that way and you won't lose as much green (surely you're talking green felt and not red, right?) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
10-22-2002, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigbro6060:</font><hr>
What do you use ?...those reinforcement hole things used to reinforce holepunched paper <hr></blockquote>
I put these on my table after BCA Instruction from Randy G., and I've never taken them off Probably cuz I'm lazy . Funny thing is, I went over a friend's house to play on his table. He had taken the course with me (Pool School in Ct.). He had the hole reinforcements on his table too. Lazy bum.

Fred

Wally_in_Cincy
10-22-2002, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigbro6060:</font><hr> You know when you want to put markers on the table so you can shoot the same shot exactly over and over again

What do you use ?

Chalk ?

those reinforcement hole things used to reinforce holepunched paper in a leverarch file ?

Now i tried those reinforcement hole things and whilst they are good, when i peel them off, there is a bit of the felt stuck to them, not much of course, but still.

any other recommendations of what can be used for markers ? <hr></blockquote>

Yes, hole reinforcers. Clear ones. Like SPetty said you can "unsticky" them in advance. They won't hurt the cloth. You can move them several times and they'll still stick.

Or in a pinch mark a little chalk spot with your fingertip.

TomBrooklyn
10-22-2002, 12:51 PM
The hole reinforcers are cool because they stay down, they're easy to see, the ball sits in the little hole so gets positioned perfectly every time, they are thin enough that they have no noticible (to me) effect on the roll, and the plastic ones come off easily and completely. The paper ones might rip a little when you try to get them up and if they do you might have to pick at them a little to get them completely off.

With a smooth cloth like Simonis no fibers come up when you peel them off. I imagine on a cloth with a fuzzy nap some fibers would come off with the sticky, although I haven't actually used them on that type of cloth.

=TB=

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 12:41 AM
Hi Bro,

I use the Sardo dipple templet. hahahah Just kidding. If I may suggest using the little smiley face stickers. They have only a slight glue backing and work well.

Regards,

C.C.~~just kidding Troy, honestly. lol

10-23-2002, 11:36 PM
Try cutting up the end-strip of sticky material on a "Post It" note sheet. A small square, about 1/3-inch, sticks well but also comes up easily, at least on quality cloth such as 860.

RED LURKING "ANON"