PDA

View Full Version : Foul or Dead On

PQQLK9
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/foul.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
10-22-2002, 11:12 AM
OO OO,

Nick, I know this one finally. Yes, it is a foul. His cue is laying on the table. LOL If that's not good enough? Put him on the shot clock. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.

10-22-2002, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> OO OO,

Nick, I know this one finally. Yes, it is a foul. His cue is laying on the table. LOL If that's not good enough? Put him on the shot clock. LMAO

Regards,

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

naw, cue on the table won't work because a: he's touching it and, b: he's clearly not using it as an aiming device. i think you've probably got him for unsportsmanlike since he has definately failed to leave the table. since this is a refereed match, his "touching" the object balls is also a foul.

being reasonable, i doubt the unsportsmanlike would be appropriate since this is probably the first time he has actually died at or upon the table and his potential for further disruptive behaviour is somewhat limited. i say the ref removes the body to the chair, restores the balls as possible and the incoming shooter get's ball in hand. i would suggest they then consider the imposition of a shot clock for the remainder of the match.

didn't howie p. tell the story about how he paid up later after having a massive heart attack at the table???

dan...would taking your winnings from his pocket be bad???

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 12:44 AM

Jay M
10-23-2002, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
didn't howie p. tell the story about how he paid up later after having a massive heart attack at the table???
<hr></blockquote>

I may be remembering poorly, but one of his heart attacks was during a tourney.

Jay M

Tom_In_Cincy
10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Thanks PQQLK9
for the reminder.. Jim Meador... was a great follower of pool and has a great website that is an interesting visit.

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/

Enjoy the tour..

Harold Acosta
10-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah! That's what happened to the guy, immediately after I said this:

http://www.billiardworld.com/biker.gif

<font color=green>Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

10-24-2002, 01:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Chris Cass:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; OO OO,

Regards,

C.C. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

naw, cue on the table won't work because a: he's touching it and, b: he's clearly not using it as an aiming device. i think you've probably got him for unsportsmanlike since he has definately failed to leave the table. since this is a refereed match, his "touching" the object balls is also a foul.

being reasonable, i doubt the unsportsmanlike would be appropriate since this is probably the first time he has actually died at or upon the table and his potential for further disruptive behaviour is somewhat limited. i say the ref removes the body to the chair, restores the balls as possible and the incoming shooter get's ball in hand. i would suggest they then consider the imposition of a shot clock for the remainder of the match.

dan...would taking your winnings from his pocket be bad??? <hr></blockquote>

I don't know.. I think if any person (alive or dead) fails to leave the table, it would be unsportsmanlike conduct, and I think would forfeit the match. The REF isn't responsible for carrying players to and from the chair, so in the dead man's refusal to leave the table, I'd say it was a forfeit, and the other player wins the match. Get a bouncer or janitor to remove the body, and continue on with the tournament as usual.

:&gt; &lt;--- I think theres a nice pool table in the afterlife..