PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cass-the jump,kick,safe shot!

CarolNYC
10-23-2002, 06:17 AM
START(
%AN7O5%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EK6X6%FN0W7%GS6O5%HO5R2%I e7R5%JK6M5
%KJ5P7%LJ5N2%MK6Q4%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%Pi2P8%W_4Y9%XN5E1%Y L8Z2%ZM9[3
%[E4P5%\J4W4%]K1E1%^C6L2
)END
Chris,
This the shot I was trying to explain-you know we have to think quick and what seemed like 20 minutes,ha ha ha,which was probably a minute,I just COULDNT see it until that angel on my shoulder spoke softly and "showed me the way!"Jump to rail,kick 5-ball 3 rails down table and leave cueball up table!
Thank you Chris!
Carol~loves her jumping mantra!

SPetty
10-23-2002, 07:51 AM
Hi Carol,

Cool shot!

What game was this? I'm having a hard time figuring out why this shot was better than another shot I can come up with, but maybe it depends on what game this is. straight? 8-ball? one pocket? something else? Thanks!

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 09:44 AM
Oh Carol,

Your sooooo sweet. Nice thought process and congrats on the shot. Your seeing what is possible when trapped and that's when your arsenal comes out, to do the job. I love it.

Here's one for you. I was trapped and the guy I was playing, a kick wasn't an option. He could get out from anywhere.

START(
%GU8O7%HP2N3%IT9P7%PO7U7%Qr0H6%R^1E9%Wa3]6%YZ8F0%ZV1N9%eB4a9
%_U0P1%`R1R3%aO9U2
)END

The cb landed at B after bouncing off the end rail. LOL It's shots like these your forced to shoot that the jump comes into play. I was toast if kicked it. The guy was too good. The scarry thing was, these balls were frozen. This I learned from another more difficult shot in practice. When, two balls are frozen on the foot spot. Jumping the ball in the side or reversed in the corner for the ball in the rear. Tough, and percentages aren't good. It's a gamble but sometimes, ya gotta say Frog-getaboutit. LOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~thinks about Carol all the time. Can't wait for Vegas...

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi SPetty,

It's 9ball. Carol just left the rack out there to seperate the shot. Anyway, are you jumping yet? You know Vegas is the time we'll spend togather, getting it down and what the uses are when needing it. The dart stroke is definitely a must in todays game.

Regards,

C.C.

SPetty
10-23-2002, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Anyway, are you jumping yet? <hr></blockquote>Hi Chris,

As you know, I picked up a bungee while in Vegas last year. I hate to have to report that the one I got doesn't work. It must be defective. Man, I'm such an easy mark... That seller saw me coming a mile away... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Just kidding. I've tried, but can't do it yet. I need to go back to the web site and reread what I thought I read to see if I read it right. I feel so inferior to you jumpers. It could be the tables I'm trying it on too...

Thanks for asking! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

CarolNYC
10-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Hey Susan,
9-ball girl!:)What was the other shot?
Carol

CarolNYC
10-23-2002, 01:20 PM
Oh no,Chris,
Im not understanding the shot-9 and 7 frozen-you jumped over 9-ball to hit seven in side?OMG!Is that correct?
Ah, my jumping Mantra!:)
Carol

Karatemom
10-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Don't feel too bad. I have only jumped a ball once in my whole life. It must be the tables /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif. I'll work on it if you do and I'll meet you in Vegas /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.

Take care,

Heide

CarolNYC
10-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Hey Heide,
I am very confidant that you will jump-especially with Chris helping out-God knows he's helped me-(and so will YOU Susan)-it comes in so handy when you JUST CANT kick!It also boosts your self-esteem knowing, no-matter-what, your gonna hit that ball:)And that,is alot better, than giving ball-in-hand!:)
Carol

Chris Cass
10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Yep,

Another shot that has come to mind was jumping over a ball in the jaws of the side pocket and hitting the rubber of the back of the pocket and kicking the ball out. That's a real trip. It's a shot used mainly in desperation when your playing "6 pocket" a game that's simular to "Golf."

LOL,

C.C.

Rod
10-24-2002, 11:58 PM
SPetty, since you mentioned tables, let's not forget those valley tables in Vegas don't jump the same as a 9 footer. With their 3/4" slates and heavier valley c/b it is a little more difficult, especially if the balls are close. Have to practice a little on them before Vegas. Tables do make a difference.