PDA

View Full Version : Can we make a thread any bigger?!

Eric.
10-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Just a thought. Outta courtesy to your fellow CCB'ers, lurkers, and my blurry, bleeding F-ing eyes: Can we possibly leave old, drawn out threads to die?! I mean seriously- how much can you beat a dead-freakin-horse.

Eric >COURTESY

SpiderMan
10-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Use the collapsed-thread option, then don't open the ones
you don't want to see.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> Just a thought. Outta courtesy to your fellow CCB'ers, lurkers, and my blurry, bleeding F-ing eyes: Can we possibly leave old, drawn out threads to die?! I mean seriously- how much can you beat a dead-freakin-horse.

Eric &gt;COURTESY <hr></blockquote>

10-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Well Eric,

When a thread is posted to by various members of the board it is not a dead horse. It is a vibrant, on-going discussion of at least considerable, if not great interest to some or many people. It would be selfish to try to squash their interest, even if it's a topic that you may not be interested in.

- However, when you know a particular poster mostly writes one-line chat room comments,
- And you know that poster greatly admires getting to the top of the Top Ten list because he has openly written about it several times,
- And then you see him put up a thread,
- And then you see that every third or fourth response in the thread is from himself until he's posted in it literally thirty or forty times,
- And you see dozens of the other responses come from Anonymi, mostly more one-liner chat room quips....

How much of substantial interest do you really expect to find in there? What are you expecting??

If you open it every time you see a new post to it, you have to take responsibility for wasting your own time. (Lol about the eye thing.)

Slim

Post Extras

nAz
10-24-2002, 09:32 PM
Yeah...What he said.
oh damn chat room comment again DOH!