View Full Version : Can we make a thread any bigger?!
10-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Just a thought. Outta courtesy to your fellow CCB'ers, lurkers, and my blurry, bleeding F-ing eyes: Can we possibly leave old, drawn out threads to die?! I mean seriously- how much can you beat a dead-freakin-horse.
10-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Use the collapsed-thread option, then don't open the ones
you don't want to see.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> Just a thought. Outta courtesy to your fellow CCB'ers, lurkers, and my blurry, bleeding F-ing eyes: Can we possibly leave old, drawn out threads to die?! I mean seriously- how much can you beat a dead-freakin-horse.
Eric >COURTESY <hr></blockquote>
When a thread is posted to by various members of the board it is not a dead horse. It is a vibrant, on-going discussion of at least considerable, if not great interest to some or many people. It would be selfish to try to squash their interest, even if it's a topic that you may not be interested in.
- However, when you know a particular poster mostly writes one-line chat room comments,
- And you know that poster greatly admires getting to the top of the Top Ten list because he has openly written about it several times,
- And then you see him put up a thread,
- And then you see that every third or fourth response in the thread is from himself until he's posted in it literally thirty or forty times,
- And you see dozens of the other responses come from Anonymi, mostly more one-liner chat room quips....
How much of substantial interest do you really expect to find in there? What are you expecting??
If you open it every time you see a new post to it, you have to take responsibility for wasting your own time. (Lol about the eye thing.)
Yeah...What he said.
oh damn chat room comment again DOH!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.