PDA

View Full Version : Books or Videos ?

bigbro6060
10-24-2002, 08:58 PM
I've basically exhausted all of the Pool/Snooker etc resources here in Australia. I've got out every book and video i can find from libraries. There are very few books for sale new in bookshops

I am now thinking of ordering some books from Amazon. I'm specifically targeting Robert Byrne's books and Play your Best Pool.

then i got thinking, am i better off getting a couple of videos instead of these books ?

what do u reckon ?

Ludba
10-25-2002, 12:40 AM
There's always going to be more info crammed into books. I've been reading Byrne's and Capelle's books recently, both of which are jam-packed with info. The advantage of the videos is being able to see the shots from start to finish, so you get a better idea of how to execute.

I was pretty happy with Bert Kinister's video "60 minute workout for 9-ball." I've been using the exercises every day. I was less impressed by Byrne's workout video. It has some good exercises and some good advice, but the kinister video was more focused on what I need, namely a series of exercises to work on position play.

So I guess my answer to your question is, if you're looking for comprehensive information on pool, buy a book. If you're looking for a something to see the process of shotmaking, buy a video.