PDA

View Full Version : Leather Wrap

MikeM
10-26-2002, 09:50 AM
I have a cue on which I would like to replace the linen wrap with leather. Can anyone recommend someone to do this for me? The cue is a Klein.

MM

PQQLK9
10-26-2002, 10:07 AM
Hey Mike...Dave Allan at Breaktime Billiards in Front Royal 540-636-8284 can do "Stack Leather Wraps"...even if you don't get the wrap you will enjoy scenic Shenadoah Valley and a great room...

10-26-2002, 10:20 AM
Just based on having seen some of his work, Jack Justis can do it for you. It will be done perfectly and you will get it back in a reasonable time. I Can't say that for a lot of people. I don't think you could get it done better.

Cueless Joey
10-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Jacoby cues or Ned Morris do tight leather.

ceebee
10-26-2002, 02:46 PM
I have a TIGER Leather Wrap http://www.tigerproducts.com/stackleatherwrap.htm It is the finest economical leather wrap I've seen in years, mine cost me $135 & it is perfect.
Another avenue is Dan Goble of OK City, http://www.cuegrip.com/grips.htm , he does Exotic Leathers (gator, searay, croc, lizard, elephant & so on), He also does fine work. You will not be disappointed .... cb

MikeM
10-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the help.

MM

10-27-2002, 11:21 AM
I would recommend you to get Mike Capone to put your leather wrap on. I have a Capone w/ a leather wrap and you cant ever see were the wrap is glued. He is very cheap too.

Chris Cass
10-28-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi Mike,

I know of two people that do leather wraps that are virtually impossible to detect the seam. I was most impressed with their work after seeing it.

Barry Szamboti, does a magnificent job. I've seen a few and they were great. I don't know what he'd charge or the return time. I don't even know if he'd do one on any other cues besides his own.

Peachour(sp?), he does good work also. His return time is quick and he too has an invisable seem. He's really reasonable in price. Great leather too.

I recommend both these people and give you only from what I've seen. I also can tell you as you already probably know. Nobody, likes to put leather wraps on. It's a pain in the patoot. I don't know anything about the stack leather either. I don't care for the looks and know nothing about the feel.

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
10-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Dennis Searing, best leather I've ever seen.

Kato