PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall SITCOM... we can all be on TV someday

ceebee
10-26-2002, 12:16 PM
To Pool Players everywhere

I'd like to see a petition developed or at least assist in the development of one (reason>> signature collection of interested individuals) so that TV management people might be influenced into producing a SITCOM (similar to TAXI) around a "Pool Room" setting.

The Pool League Players around the Country could be sent a petition via the BCA, APA, VNEA, UPA & so on. The Internet Chat Rooms would be helpful in providing a collection of signatures. Then a database could be generated & the million (several ???) signatures sent in the petition to the Major TV Networks.

The difference would be this.... Not all of the Casted STARS, are always the same. Some of the "road sets" are simply different Pool Halls around the Country, sometimes it's someone like you, giving or getting a "real" lesson, sometimes it's FLASHBACK to the days of Johnson City Iowa or the TEXAS REC in Ft. Worth (or wherever). There could be Comedy (lords knows there's comedy in a pool room), Drama (miscueing at HILL-HILL is Drama), (3 Rail Kickshots at Hill-Hill is Drama), Sadness ("the agony of defeat" is as Sad as I have ever been), Happy Endings (Comebacks are always happy for somebody), Instructional segments (that would get the Players to the TV), Celebrity visits (Hollywood Stars, Professional Pool Players, Sports Celebrities & so on), Tournament Finals (a great way to show our Sport) & so on.....
Our Cue Makers, Case Makers, Accessory Manufacturers & etc. could all be used in the script. The BIG Billiard Companies might be interested in a TV commercial, Standard soap, diapers, aspirin, automotive & recreational industry companies could be the sponsorship base...

"The Hustler" & "Color of Money" were great for our sport, millions watched the shows & they generated money. They also generated interest in Billiards..

whattaythink ????

10-26-2002, 01:08 PM
You might to be surprised to know that one of the original drafts for the series that was to become Taxi, was in fact a pool room. It was an article I believe in New Yorker mag about NY cab drivers that brought the thinking around to a cab garage as the base for the cast to interact. Danny Devito Can play a little and has a Joss West that was a gift from long time friend Michael Douglas. Douglas likes to play also but can't play very well. I thought might find this interesting.

Harold Acosta
10-26-2002, 02:31 PM
[b]<font color=blue><blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ceebee:</font><hr> To Pool Players everywhere

I'd like to see a petition developed or at least assist in the development of one (reason&gt;&gt; signature collection of interested individuals) so that TV management people might be influenced into producing a SITCOM (similar to TAXI) around a "Pool Room" setting.

The Pool League Players around the Country could be sent a petition via the BCA, APA, VNEA, UPA &amp; so on. The Internet Chat Rooms would be helpful in providing a collection of signatures. Then a database could be generated &amp; the million (several ???) signatures sent in the petition to the Major TV Networks.

The difference would be this.... Not all of the Casted STARS, are always the same. Some of the "road sets" are simply different Pool Halls around the Country, sometimes it's someone like you, giving or getting a "real" lesson, sometimes it's FLASHBACK to the days of Johnson City Iowa or the TEXAS REC in Ft. Worth (or wherever). There could be Comedy (lords knows there's comedy in a pool room), Drama (miscueing at HILL-HILL is Drama), (3 Rail Kickshots at Hill-Hill is Drama), Sadness ("the agony of defeat" is as Sad as I have ever been), Happy Endings (Comebacks are always happy for somebody), Instructional segments (that would get the Players to the TV), Celebrity visits (Hollywood Stars, Professional Pool Players, Sports Celebrities &amp; so on), Tournament Finals (a great way to show our Sport) &amp; so on.....
Our Cue Makers, Case Makers, Accessory Manufacturers &amp; etc. could all be used in the script. The BIG Billiard Companies might be interested in a TV commercial, Standard soap, diapers, aspirin, automotive &amp; recreational industry companies could be the sponsorship base...

"The Hustler" &amp; "Color of Money" were great for our sport, millions watched the shows &amp; they generated money. They also generated interest in Billiards..

whattaythink ????
<hr></blockquote>
<font color=purple>
Not a bad idea but different settings would be a major problem for any TV or Cable Network. They would have to be moving around into different pool halls to accomplish that plus there are all the other logistics involved. The $$$ needed would be another factor.

One good looking set would be enough, with different pool players, sports stars, and celebrities coming in to prove "their stuff" and the different billiards org's, company's etc, putting up banner's for the different shows.

Just my "2 centavos"........

[b]<font color=green>Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

bluewolf
10-26-2002, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ceebee:</font><hr> To Pool Players everywhere

I'd like to see a petition developed or at least assist in the development of one (reason&gt;&gt; signature collection of interested individuals) so that TV management people might be influenced into producing a SITCOM (similar to TAXI) around a "Pool Room" setting.

<hr></blockquote>

well i have never seen taxi but to compete with the other sitcoms,it would have to have luv,sex,cheating and all kinds of other spicey stuff.

bw