PDA

View Full Version : To Tom Brooklyn

10-26-2002, 08:23 PM
Excuse me for using your name in the subject, but I did not want to respond and bring that ridiculous thread back to the top. What I said to Bluewolf was a valid comment. Responding to absurd remarks makes no sense. I never engage in any back and forth, I just ask a question, make a comment or what ever. I am not one of those last word kind of guys. My total postings may be 15 or 20 a month, (About one day for some). You seem to think I am someone else. While on the subject though, this format of bringing up entire threads is crazy. Some are very long. Just my opinion and I can live with it, I just wish it was different.

TomBrooklyn
10-26-2002, 08:42 PM
Excuse me. Who are you? Sorry, I don't generally correspond with people who don't identify themselves. When I respond to Anonymi, it is usually based more on making a comment for consideration by the group than to the Anon herself. I don't think you are 'someone else, as I have no idea who you are. If you want privacy, you can PM me. =TB=

10-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Profile for TomBrooklyn

Email TomBrooklyn@poolgods.com
Name
Title old hand
Total Posts 702
Homepage
Occupation
Hobbies
ICQ Number
Registered on 02/17/02 12:44 PM

I have no idea who you are either.

TomBrooklyn
10-26-2002, 09:20 PM
I removed most of that public information stuff after a poster from Maryland declared that I should be banned and shot in the head. I got a little wary about leaving a lot of information out in the open after that.

However, if you were able to decipher the information there is there, you would know that I am the first registered member of this board and have as many posts as is possible w/o being on the TT. Despite that, since you say you don't know me, why are you writing messages to me? Your failure to identify yourself is still unsuitable for polite discussion.

Absent a signature or IP address, I dont' even know if you are even the same anonamuss that started this thread. You may be an anonyimposter or an anonyinstigator.

My feeling is it is usually best to avoid anonymice, and if one gets too close, change direction, and see if it follows. If it does, you know it is stalking you. Let it know you are aware it is there, and your keep an eye on it. Watch out for more, they may be working together. Usually they will be lurking in shadowy areas and alleys where they're hard to see. Don't walk too closely to these spots so they can't jump out at you without allowing you some warning time to react. Don't talk to them unless they get really close. Then be firm but polite. Let them know you won't tolerate them in your space. If there are a lot of them, look for an escape route and run. Try to pick them off one at a time if they follow.

Tom

bluewolf
10-27-2002, 04:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Excuse me. Who are you? Sorry, I don't generally talk/write to/with people who don't identify themselves. When I respond to Anonymi, it is usually based more on making a comment for consideration by the group than to the Anon herself. I don't think you are someone else, I have no idea who you are. If you want privacy, you can PM me. =TB= <hr></blockquote>

A person cannot pm when signed on as anonymous. They would have to email you if your email was listed in your profile.

btw, anon, I am also confused about what you said to me,ie which anon said it and what was said.

bw

bluewolf
10-27-2002, 04:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Excuse me for using your name in the subject, but I did not want to respond and bring that ridiculous thread back to the top. What I said to Bluewolf was a valid comment. Responding to absurd remarks makes no sense. I never engage in any back and forth, I just ask a question, make a comment or what ever. I am not one of those last word kind of guys. My total postings may be 15 or 20 a month, (About one day for some). You seem to think I am someone else. While on the subject though, this format of bringing up entire threads is crazy. Some are very long. Just my opinion and I can live with it, I just wish it was different. <hr></blockquote>

anon. caught me off guard/.now i know you were referring to a post you sent to the 'going away'thread referencing my post.i thought you were a little rude,implying that I might be trying to bring it to the top, but i have seen worse here on ccb. and bringing back all of these old threads is getting real old.

i generally let old threads die. exception-if the previous poster said something close to the time i want to say something i say it. but it retrospect, my post and the post i was responding too were both dumb posts.

bw

rackmup
10-27-2002, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> If you were able to decipher the little information there is above however, you might realize that I am the first and longest running reg. member of CCB.

Tom<hr></blockquote>

Hey! I take exception to this "First and longest running" title you have bestowed upon yourself! You only have a few of us by a few hours!:

Email kenkingan@sbcglobal.net
Name Ken Kingan
Title old hand
Total Posts 946
Homepage http://www.billiardsdigest.com
Occupation Sales
Hobbies Pool, fishing and pool, in that order.
Location Texas (DFW area)
Bio
ICQ Number 169307194
Registered on 02/17/02 09:05 PM

Regards and in fun,

Ken

Wally_in_Cincy
10-27-2002, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>
anon. caught me off guard/.now i know you were referring to a post you sent to the 'going away'thread referencing my post.i thought you were a little rude,implying that I might be trying to bring it to the top, but i have seen worse here on ccb. and bringing back all of these old threads is getting real old.

i generally let old threads die. exception-if the previous poster said something close to the time i want to say something i say it. but it retrospect, my post and the post i was responding too were both dumb posts.

bw <hr></blockquote>

Laura,

The above post is meaningless and you promised you were not going to do that anymore. For your own sake, please get a life. You'll be much happier, trust me. I wish you well, really.

Sincerely,

10-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Read a few of the responses to some of your most recent posts. Your posts were harmless and by the way, you have every right to say what you want, when you want, as long as it is civil just like everyone else, without someone telling you how to post. Still think these are nice people you want as friends? Take the site for what it is worth, you may find a little information you can use, but beyond that, it is a trash heap.

TomBrooklyn
10-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Are you one of the guys from the top of this thread, or are you all just clones? See what I mean? They're starting to swarm. Get ready to run. AIeeeee!

Troy
10-27-2002, 09:15 AM
2/17 at 9:49AM... Tom has me beat by 5 minutes..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: TomBrooklyn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; If you were able to decipher the little information there is above however, you might realize that I am the first and longest running reg. member of CCB.

Tom&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Hey! I take exception to this "First and longest running" title you have bestowed upon yourself! You only have a few of us by a few hours!:

Email kenkingan@sbcglobal.net
Name Ken Kingan
Title old hand
Total Posts 946
Homepage <a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsdigest.com>http://www.billiardsdigest.com</a>
Occupation Sales
Hobbies Pool, fishing and pool, in that order.
Location Texas (DFW area)
Bio
ICQ Number 169307194
Registered on 02/17/02 09:05 PM

Regards and in fun,

Ken

<hr></blockquote>