PDA

View Full Version : Old Threads

bluewolf
10-27-2002, 04:43 AM
Bringing up old threads has been somewhat of a problem since I became active here. Gosh, some of them fill up a whole page. In the last few days,it has been horrible, with so many being brought up.

In a couple of cases anyway, an anon opened the last post, hit reply and sent an empty post.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Or should all irritated parties write to the ccb admin and complain.

Seems like person(s) are opening up the top 10 and reactivating a dead thread just to irritate the board.

bw

TomBrooklyn
10-27-2002, 05:06 AM
These so called "old threads" that keep popping up are the great classic topics of the Chalk Board. They represent the finest in thought as stated by the most profound minds at the time. They are brought up over and over again because of the quality and timeless nature of their content. They are there for the benefit and self angrandizement of future generations of CCB'ers to come. Would you deprive the children of this wisdom, and the ability to stimulate their own minds by contributing to these threads.

Why are you trying to stop the return of the classics? I can understand why you did it the first time, when you were laying the groundwork for your attempted takeover of the board with your famous "If you Add To This Thread, You Are A Pervert" post to Fran's greatest thread in recent memory, the "Adult Post" thread. But that is all over now.

=TB=

TomBrooklyn
10-27-2002, 07:02 AM
Quote: bluewolf:
1. Bringing up old threads has been somewhat of a problem since I became active here.
2. Gosh, some of them fill up a whole page.
3. an anon sent an empty post. Is there anything that can be done about this?
4. Seems like person(s) are opening up the top 10 and reactivating a dead thread just to irritate the board.
5. Or should all irritated parties write to the ccb admin and complain.<hr></blockquote> 1. Do you really believe that everything that happens here revolves around you? True, it did at one time when you tried to take over the role of Queen; but those days are long gone.

2. No they don't. They only take up one line if you set up your screen view properly, exactly the same space that this thread takes up. That is the real injustice.

3. Yes. Go back to showing IP Addresses. The single worst lapse in judgement I ever had on CCB was recommending they be taken away.

4. Yes, They are doing this because it is where the focus of the board is now. The anonymous pranksters go wherever that is. When the board stops talking about long threads, the anons will stop posting to long threads. However, they will always gravitate to whatever the most popular topics are at the time.

5. No. I am going to recommend to cc-admin that anyone who complains to them about the greatest posts in CCB history should be suspended from the board for a month for making a misguided nuisance complaint.

=TB=

bluewolf
10-27-2002, 07:34 AM
ROFL. My memory fails me. Who was the king in those days? &lt;VBG&gt;

bw