PDA

View Full Version : Hello Greg/Diamond!

03-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi Greg,
I am going to be buying a table (yes, a Diamond Pro). What I would like to know is, how hard are tables to be moved when moving into a new house? Should I wait until we move? Which is about a year away? I recall hearing about you (I think) coming and setting the table up, which I find very impressive. What are your opinions on this?
Thanks for your time,

Greg/Diamond
03-06-2002, 01:27 AM
I'm honored to hear you will be buying a Diamond Pro. I do want to take this oportunity to let people know it's not my intension to use this chalk board as a sales tool. Infact, even though I own the company, I'm no longer active in the day to day operations of the company. However, I do love the opportunity to try and answer pool related questions. Still I fear that some might view my responces negatively, but what the heck it's only my opinions and I'm entitled to make mistakes!
Anyway, to answer your question the answer is yes I've set up more tables than I'd like to admit. However, I don't consider myself a true mechanic. Table mechanics and players were instrumental in the development of my whole pool world: tables, lights, balls and cloth.
Tables are not hard to put up, like every thing else, if you know what you are doing! However, it is or can be hard work, especially if your table is not on ground level. I want no part carrying slates up or down stairs anymore. As to whether you wait until you move or not thats entirely up to you. If you have enough room now, I wouldn't wait. A year is a long time for me to wait on anything. If your reason for waiting is fear of damaging a diamond table because of repeated moving, rest assured, any qualified mechanic will have no problem, for it was designed comercially. Thats what I used to do for tournaments. Set them up and tear them down after only a few days, then on to the next tournament or hopefully to a pool room or someones home. since 1987.

JimS
03-06-2002, 10:18 AM
Please excuse me for butting in here but...WAIT A YEAR???!!! Now way, nope, hell no, not on your life, whaaaaaat?. I got my new Diamond Pro in September and these last 6 months have been some of the best times of my life. What a fanastic experience it is to have a REAL pool table sitting here 6 ft from me just waiting for me to come to her. Man, I don't see how you can even CONSIDER waiting a year. Like Greg says below, any table mechanic can move it for you and the few extra bucks won't even be noticed when compared to the endless hours of fun you'll have in the next year playing on the sweetest playing table in captivity. Now...there's my humble opinion. Sorry for butting in. Regards, JimS