PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Chicago

03-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the rules for Chicago?

Thanks.

03-06-2002, 02:38 AM
Which game do you mean: "61" or the Mexican version?

03-06-2002, 02:50 AM
"61" ? The Mexican version?

May be it's called different names in different parts of the country. The game I am talking about is usually played between 4 players. You play with all 15 balls. Like 9-ball you have to hit the lowest numbered ball on the table first. There are 6 balls designated as money balls. Each money ball is counted as 1 point and an extra point for getting bigger sum of the numbers on the balls you sank.

I remember the basics of the rules, but there are some parts I am not too clear on. Like when you can push out or when the ball in hand rule kicks in or behind the headstring, etc.

Thanks.

03-06-2002, 02:53 AM
I just got that name "61." I guess that is the minumum sum you have to get for you to win the extra point.

(1+2+3+....+15)/2 being 60.

Ken
03-06-2002, 09:36 AM
I believe the "push out" applies only to nine ball. That's the way it is in the new BCA rule book that I just received (1968). Ball in hand behind the head string only if the cue ball is off the playing surface.

03-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Yep: Chicago = Sixty-One = Rotation, AFAIK. Also known as Boston, I hear: http://www.weber.edu/wildcatlanes/billiard_rules.htm

Mostly it's called rotation, so do a search on google for "rotation rules" or similar.

The mexican rotation was discussed on RSB just a couple of days ago, that's why I asked.

AustinFilAm
03-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Another version w/ four players is called "uno diez or 1 & 10". Shoot in rotation and whoever sinks the 1 or 10 ball are partners. If the player who sank the 1 ball sinks the 10 ball, then the 10 ball is spotted and the next player shoots behind the line. The fun part is not knowing who are going to be partners ahead of time and sort of prevents skilled players getting partnered. Of course you want to try to be partners with the player with the highest sum of sank balls. Just like 3 ball, suggest changing player rotation every few games. This is also a good money game.

03-08-2002, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I did search for the Rotation, and looked up various rules. I guess there is no such thing as the "official" rule for Chicago.

Oh well, I guess my friends and I will just have to make one up that suits us.