PDA

View Full Version : M. Coltrain BD 11/02

nAz
10-28-2002, 01:28 PM
I read the article in there on how he lost his stroke, cant believe that someone with all that talent can loose his trigger.
at fist i thought it was choking but as you read the article it mentions that a neurologist diagnosed him with Focal task tremor, the shakes.
Man that sucks. how do you develope something like that after years of having such a fulid stroke.
anyway i hope he can learn to play with it. i would love to see that kid win a major event one day soon!
by the way i had no idea that Jim Rempe, lane , and Varner had the "shakes" too, amazing that they can play at chapionship leval like that.

10-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Where did you find this article?

Vicki
10-28-2002, 03:11 PM
Kink of makes us reconsider the validity of our missed-shot excuses, doesn't it? I saw him play at the International Challenge of Champions a couple of months ago. He played really well but I recall a missed shot that seemed attributable to the shakes. There weren't many missed shots and some made shots were remarkable. I feel for the guy and wish I could do something to help. He went to Duke Medical Center if I recall correctly so he was in good hands for the diagnosis. What I wonder is if there is something that can be done for him that he is not having done for lack of insurance or ability to pay.

Vicki

Vicki
10-28-2002, 03:12 PM
The "BD" in the subject field is Billiard Digest.

nAz
10-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Billiard digest mag. 11/02 its out already.

the article says there is nothing that can be done about the condition, i guess he has to learn play with it.
he is young and im sure he will pull through it.