PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking over!!!

MaineEAck
10-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Recently, I have talked to the owner of BilliardTown.com about the site that he has. He wrote that he has no time to maintain the site. I offered to take over for him. so, now I am the new webmaster of billiardtown.com. I will be starting on thursday when I get my computer back from the repair man! I can't wait. I was wondering what all of you would like to see on a pool website!... What is it that keeps you on one? Also if there is anything that you do not like about the current layout, let me know what it is that you would like to see changed. Thanks you everyone who will help me with this!
Also, If you have a billiard company that you would like to advertise on the site. Please let me know about that also! I am open to all Ideas!.... Thanks everyone!
My new E-mail is jordan@billiardtown.com to feel free yo E-mail me there!

nAz
10-29-2002, 03:47 PM
How about accurate up to date tournament results, new product reviews w/pic when possible, Pool tips and the ever lovable player Pictures. especialy Hot WPBA players hehe
oh and simple navigating through the site.

good luck to you

MaineEAck
10-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Sounds good, I will keep all of that in mind... Where do you think the best place to get results is, with out actualy being there????

nAz
10-29-2002, 03:52 PM
U got me there, i usally get mine from 9ballgirl who gets hers from AZbilliard, but i dont know if AZ will like you posting from their results. anyway im sure someone else here will direact you to good source

MaineEAck
10-29-2002, 03:54 PM
LOL... This is true, I will have to talk to them about it... I hope someone else would have an idea! I can't wait to get started!

nAz
10-29-2002, 04:00 PM
good you are enthusiastic abouth it im sure it will work out well
good luck and keep us posted

TomBrooklyn
10-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Make nAz the forum moderator. And put him in charge of posting hot WPBA pics. =TB=

nAz
10-29-2002, 04:15 PM
hehe maybe i could ruin his site like have this one muhahahahah

oh yeah dude start a Forum there where all the cry babies could all gather hahaha

eg8r
10-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Hello Jordan,

I recommend you remove the background. Not too pleasing to my eyes. I guess they were going for the "cloth look" but I don't believe it is working. Also maybe you could work on the nav bar. This might just be me, but it looks like a warez site with a million buttons to choose from. I think you might be able to categorize the buttons, and then when you navigate to that area of the site the rest will be available. Example would be to make one button for chat (whatever you want to call it). Then allow the choice between the message board, Btown chat. You could combine a bunch of them into the Misc stuff link.

Thanks,
eg8r

stickman
10-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Congratulations Jordan! I really admire your ambition. I hope you go far.

Jim

Ralph S.
10-30-2002, 07:25 AM
Jordan, it is good to see you are still around LOL. Best of luck to you and I wish you well.
Ralph S.

MaineEAck
10-30-2002, 05:26 PM
I am glad some of you are being supportive. It is nice to see some positive posts once in a while around here... I hope that I can make the site to all of your likeings, so you will all visit a lot. Lots of visitors means people who want adds on the site, which is what I really need soon! Thanks Everyone

9 Ball Girl
10-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey MaineEAck. Like Naz said, I usually get my stuff from AZB and also from my Pro bud. I think you either have to get around to a lot of the tourneys like Mike from AZB does or maybe have someone else run around to the tourneys for you with a laptop so that they can post up-to-the-minute stuff. Just a suggestion.

Hey, if you can pay me enough, I'll quit my job and do the leg work for you. I love to travel. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wendy~~Mike is definitely one hard working dude!

AzHousePro
10-31-2002, 12:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Wendy~~Mike is definitely one hard working dude! <hr></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

MaineEAck
10-31-2002, 02:10 PM
I need a female secretary lol....