PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real?

Paul_Mon
10-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Did anyone else get this private e-mail sent to them? My gut feeling is that it is some sort of scam.

Hello Mr.Mon
At the begining I appologise about my bad English
because i am from Macedonia.I have found ur name by
searching.
My name is Vlado Jovanovski.I play 8 ball and 9 ball
in my country,but as u know i live in poor country and
here is not enough money to live plaing professional
pool.I play 8 ball and 9 ball and i think that i am
good enough.I would like to play pool in USA
league,but i do not have enough informations about USA
pool league.
Please help me to resolve my problem and give me some
informations about to whom i can talk or write an
e_mail.

Bye

Lester
10-30-2002, 06:37 AM
>>>>It just might be "legit" Paul. Probably got your email address from RSB. Now if he asks for plane fare, and someone to pay his entry into the Derby, we'll know. Of course, this could be the start of a "Stakehorse" career. ha ha ***Lester***

10-30-2002, 10:07 AM
Paul, simply send your money each month and you will get a wallet sized picture of 'your' little poolplayer. Periodically you will receive updates on the progress of 'your' little poolplayer in 8-ball & 9-ball. OR, you send ME the same money and I will put it in action and give you a piece of the proceeds ( I haven't booked a winner this MONTH). oy-vey !

Wally_in_Cincy
10-30-2002, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Smorgass Bored:</font><hr> Paul, simply send your money each month and you will get a wallet sized picture of 'your' little poolplayer. Periodically you will receive updates on the progress of 'your' little poolplayer in 8-ball &amp; 9-ball. OR, you send ME the same money and I will put it in action and give you a piece of the proceeds ( I haven't booked a winner this MONTH). oy-vey ! <hr></blockquote>

Just 50 cents a day will buy your poolplayer an entire day of table time and send him to pool school. LOL

Chris Cass
10-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Hi Paul,

This doesn't seem out of line. Your picture is posted on another site and your email isn't hard to get a hold of either. He didn't ask for money and sounds like he needs a helping hand with general information. In the future I'd think twice about opening a post from an unknown person. Then again, I've done it myself.

Good luck,

C.C.

BLACKHEART
11-01-2002, 12:03 PM
HE WANTS YOUR Q...JER

Tom_In_Cincy
11-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Hey Lester,

I remember just recently, getting a PM and then an e-mail about starting a 14.1 league.. got a "thank you" but no feedback on how the league is going..

Paul's note might be for real. A reply could verify the intent of the original e-mail.