PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan Sucks!

Sid_Vicious
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
This guy(or gal, disputable) is obnoxious. He always calls assault STYLE rifles automatic and states they fire 100 rounds a minute. I heard him debate a guy about "Then why should everybody who was in the theater in Colo. who chooses be able to carry an AR-15 inside the theater?" Has anyone seen someone walking to any place of business with an AR-15, besides a gun shop or gun show? It's not just that, be won't shut up to let others finish what they are saying. IMO, this cat is right up there with Rush Limbaugh and a bad representative to the press. I hate that guy, and my middle finger goes up every time I hear CNN when his voice comes up. This is not merely a gun issue, he is an a$$hole! sid

Qtec
01-25-2013, 07:56 AM
This guy(or gal, disputable) is obnoxious. He always calls assault STYLE rifles automatic and states they fire 100 rounds a minute. I heard him debate a guy about "Then why should everybody who was in the theater in Colo. who chooses be able to carry an AR-15 inside the theater?" Has anyone seen someone walking to any place of business with an AR-15, besides a gun shop or gun show? It's not just that, be won't shut up to let others finish what they are saying. IMO, this cat is right up there with Rush Limbaugh and a bad representative to the press. I hate that guy, and my middle finger goes up every time I hear CNN when his voice comes up. This is not merely a gun issue, he is an a$$hole! sid

Sorry Sid, I don't agree. What you want on US media are more people like Piers.

Has anyone seen someone walking to any place of business with an AR-15, besides a gun shop or gun show?

Eh.......yep.

Joseph Kelley, Utah Man, Takes Rifle To J.C. Penney To Show Guns Can Be Safe (PHOTO, VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/joseph-kelley-gun-rifle-jc-penney-guns-safe-law-abiding-citizens_n_2504142.html

..and there are many more examples.

Imagine if the NRA got their way?
Every citizen armed, going about their daily business?

The NY subway would be like the Wild West.

Q

Sid_Vicious
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
I stand by my opinion but respect yours. I think you are overboard on the NRA wanting every citizen armed though. The NRA reps I have listened too on TV have sounded off with common sense on keeping control of concealed carry permits, and "concealed" carry, by it's name, keeps assault style weapons out of the common public areas. Morgan just won't allow a congenial debate. The whole uprising against guns, IMPO, is out of line, and that opinion comes from someone who isn't a gun enthusiast, but someone who does value the rights of those who are. The liberals, which I categorize myself as, have fallen off into the same class as the conservatives in reaction to this issue after the Sandy Hook tragedy. Embarrasing to me. Morgan is the Rush Limbaugh for the liberals. I will admit one thing. I never have like that guy even before this. His bullish attitude against his quests is just like Fox new's protocol, so we have taken a huge step backwards in integrity IMO. The poison is within our own liberal side now, but that's the choice everyone makes for themselves. sid

Gayle in MD
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I couldn't agree more, Q.

I believe that Piers Morgan has done the best job of keeping the facts about these assault weapons, and the armour piercing weapons out in front with his programs on the subject.

The NRA has not only been offensive, intentionally saying things to gin up fear and play into the troubled minds of RW conspiracy theorists, radical RWers crazy enough to think that our government is on the verge of dictatorship, and are coming to throw law abiding citizens into camps, and lock down, totally absurd, but the NRA's version of what constitutes an assault weapon, is not true given the FACT that these semi automatic weapons can and have mowed down dozens of innocent people in mere moments, more than once.

I have seen filmed demonstrations which prove what Mr. Morgan says about them are absolutely true.

Although he did slip up during one program when he was ill with the flu, calling them automatic weapons by mistake a few times, the rest of the time he calls them semi-automatic assault weapons, which is preclsely what three Generals have stated, and a number of former troops who used what they call, the same thing, in IRaq, and in Afghanistan.

As Mr. Morgan states, no one in our society NEEDS these dangerous weapons to hunt, nor to protect themselves and their families in their homes. The lies that I have heard coming from the NRA, and from numerous gun lovers interviewed, are not accepted at all by a number of Military Generals, and I'm sure know what they are talking about when they call them MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPONS, designed for one thing and one thing only, to mow down many dozens of people in a very few minutes.

Obviously, the NRA is lying, and using their own fantasy terms to describe these weapons, but they only care about money, and their own multi million dollar salaries, and they are out of their minds to push the idea that the way to address the dangerous proliferation of assault weapons, high capacity magazines and armour piercing bullets in our society, is MORE people walking around with guns and concealed weapons! Obviously they only thing they care about is more money from the gun manufacturers.

The latest polling data proves that the vast majority of Americans want these military style assault weapons, high capacity magazines, and armour piercing bullets, outlawed, and I couldn't agree more!

There will always be people who are mentally disturbed, we can't put all of them safely away from these weapons of carnage, and there is no way to force their parents to be responsible for keeping them away from their disturbed kids, either.

There is also no reason why all of the rest of Americans who are against them altogether, have to live life in fear so that these gun nuts can stock up military weapons in preparation for, or to assuage their imagined cospiracy theories and irrational fears!!!

G.

cushioncrawler
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Public Hunting Land in Crisis!

YOUR Personal Property is at STAKE

Yes, we are in Crisis! We have found so much evidence indicating that we have been loosing our public hunting lands, hunting heritage, our big game wildlife, ranches and farms, our personal property rights, --- and "sustainable communities" are being developed to force us all to live in communities.

What you will NOT hear in the news. This is NOT just about hunting ---- this effects every American from coast to coast. Yes, our Constitutional Rights and Freedom are being attacked, even in our hunting heritage and lifestyle. Amazing!

This is NOT new information ... You may not have connected the dots. Armed with the rest of the story, you will see for yourself and connect the dots. We don't know how long we will have "freedom of speech on the internet" or if they will use the NDAA law to sensor this information ... there is a lot of rumor out there ... so what will you do?

We have had selfless men and women exposing this information for years! As you will see. There is just so much EVIDENCE, proof and documentation ... it is hard to organize and gather into one area ... yet simplify it enough for people to realize --- THIS IS FOR EVERY AMERICAN!

WE MUST CUT OFF THE HEAD OF THE SNAKE .. IN WASHINGTON .. TOGETHER!

We must stand up, stand together and unite - each person must take action and do his/her part. No one person can sit back and expect a "few faithful men and women" to take action. This will take us all. We have a voice - we have the power - but we must act now and keep acting....

As we stated on our home page, "we've done the research and gathered together the best from the web and from experts in the different fields as they relate to hunting in the USA." In doing so, we have uncovered, this is for every American ... not just the hunting community.

Page Content
•Taking Liberty videos
•U.N. Agenda 21
•Democrats Against
•Republicans Against
•Legal Firms & Orgs.
•Funding Anti-Hunting
•Active Enviro Projects
•Sustainable Communities Map
•Y2Y-Yukon to Yellowstone
•Wildlands Project
•Sheriff Mack
•Oath Keepers
•What You Can Do?
•Washington-Government
•Constitution Course
•Blogs & Magazines
•Other Reference Docs
•YOUR Comments

Many times I will hear an "assertion or a persons opinion" and we are expected to accept it to be "truth". I personally live by a motto "What do I believe and why do I believe it." I take the information presented to me ... and dig for the proof. I have researched this material all the way to the White House live Congressional hearings and the federal and state laws and regulations being imposed upon us everyday.

Here is just some of the reference material I bring to you ... you decide for yourself.

(This is a drop in the bucket of my research and an incomplete list at this time (2/2012), but a place for you to start. We are constantly updating this list to bring you more evidence, so check back frequently.)

My passion is in the LORD .. and we are also commanded to be good stewards ...
.. If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. ... 2Chr 7:14 ... Renee Evans

For articles & faqs - Sola Scriptura - To understand scriptural passages correctly, we must discover the original intended meaning of the text. By reading Scripture at face value - taking verses in context and comparing Scripture with Scripture - we can avoid conclusions based on popular interpretation or opinion. Articles by Sola Scriptura's staff contain a wealth of information that has been well studied and researched

Educating Ourselves - We need to STOP - U.N. AGENDA 21

We are "educating ourselves" as to WHY --- Why is our hunting heritage, public hunting land, big game hunting, personal property rights, constitutional rights and freedom "IN CRISIS"? What happened? Why didn't we see this coming? We have known our lives and lifestyles has been changing, but where did it come from? ... Now read the rest of the story. Act now .. before it is too late.

I would highly recommend starting right here .. in this order and "do your homework". Your family, your lively hood, your freedom .. is at stake

cushioncrawler
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Big Game Hunting Advice and Tips

There is no thrill like the one you get from big game hunting. No matter what you are hunting, be it wild hog, bear or deer, you know that going into the hunt your heart is racing and your ready to go. I know that is how I feel. By the time the season is here I am more than ready to strap on my boots and get out there to catch myself a trophy I can show off to all my friends.

Big game hunting may mean different things to different hunters. It really is all about where you hunt. In some areas you may hunt bear, while in others it may be hog. Big game hunting can also be done in a variety of situations from the swamp to the deep woods. It is all about location.

There are also different approaches to big game hunting. I like to vary my approach, depending on what I am hunting. Sometimes I put up a tree stand and other times I stay on the ground. I love how thrilling it is to try to out smart these beasts.

I've been asked by a few people why I stick to hunting in America. To me there is no reason to travel thousands of miles to perform big game hunting. Sure, I won't ever get to say I chased an elephant or a lion through the African terrain, but honestly, that doesn't matter to me. Big game hunting is not about how big the animal is. Hunting, at least for me, is all about the thrill of the hunt. Nothing is more thrilling to me than hunting some of the most elusive, clever and dangerous animals in America.

Hunting is a sport. It takes skill and physical endurance. I am proud of how well I can hold up in some of the roughest weather conditions and how I can expertly navigate some tricky terrain when I am hunting. I get excited when hours of stalking leads me right to an animal in my sights. Nothing can beat the surge of adrenaline that comes with firing off a shot and seeing it take your target down.

Of course, as with any sport, big game hunting comes with some dangers. Those dangers are multiplied by the fact that your equipment includes a powerful firearm. That is why I take hunter safety seriously.

I always know the land where I am hunting. I know where roadways, houses and other inhabited areas are. I know the area so I won't get lost, too.

I also always hunt with a buddy. This is something many people overlook. There is some truth to the saying that there is safety in numbers. When you have someone hunting with you then you have someone to watch your back. You never know when you may get injured and need a helping hand.

Besides hunting safely, I also always follow the law. Big game hunting regulations vary from place to place. I make sure to always check what is in season so I am not hunting out of season. I make sure I have the proper licenses and permits, too. Also, I get permission before I hunt on someone else's land.

The best advice I have for hunters who are new to hunting is to take the advice of experienced hunters. In my opinion, there are two main keys to big game hunting success.

The first key to success with big game is being very alert and focused. When you are big game hunting you are often hunting animals that can be very dangerous, even deadly, to humans. It is smart to never underestimate your opponent. Always remember that you are in their territory. The animal knows the land and they are often very territorial. Most of these animals are also very reactive when they sense danger.

It is smart to learn as much as you can about the animal you are hunting. Find out about their behaviors, their diet, their usually habitats. Learn about the signs the animal leaves behind, like foot prints or markings on trees. Learn about what behaviors indicate that the animal is upset or that hey are in attack mode. Knowing these things will help you to hunt better and help to keep you safe.

The second key to success with big game is that you have to learn to let a bad or disappointing hunt go. Hunting big game is something that I have done for years. It is one of my favorite pastimes and I take it rather seriously. When I leave a hunt without even seeing any animal I get a little disappointed. Sometimes I will go out four or five times before I even have the chance to see something.

Big game hunting is not something that is predictable. You may not get anything for a few seasons and then have a couple good seasons and then not get something for a few more seasons. That is just how hunting goes. Do not get fixated on what didn't happen. Take every hunt as a learning experience.

You can learn a lot each time you go out. You may learn that the area you choose is just not where the animals are. You may end up learning that the gun you choose was a bit too cumbersome and that a smaller rifle would be better. Try to take away something from each hunt. It will only make you a better hunter.

There are a lot of things that I could tell you about the hunting experience. The best way to get better and to improve your skills is to get experience yourself. So, learn what you can through reading about big game hunting to prepare you for the hunt and then go out there and do some actual hunting.
- See more at: http://www.big-game-hunting-usa.com/#sthash.ljR1Ni3W.dpuf

cushioncrawler
01-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Hunting Statistics and Economics

The US Fish and Wildlife Service sponsors a National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation every five years. The questions are developed in concert with technical committee members from every state and with representatives of nongovernmental organizations. The last survey was conducted in 2006. The final report for 2006 will be issued in late 2007.

The most recent survey report (2006) indicated in that year:
•12.5 million people 16 years old and older enjoyed hunting a variety of animals within the United States. They hunted 220 million days and took 185 million trips. Hunting expenditures totaled $22.9 billion.
•An estimated 10.7 million hunters pursued big game, such as deer and elk, on 164 million days.
•There were 4.8 million hunters of small game including squirrels and rabbits.
•They hunted small game on 52 million days and spent $2.4 billion on small game hunting trips and equipment.
•2.3 million hunted migratory birds such as doves or waterfowl
•1.1 million hunted other animals such as woodchucks and raccoons

In additional to the national report, 50 separate state-specific reports are available as PDF files. The new survey will be conducted in 2007.
(New) Adaptive Harvest Management, 2008 Hunting Season
(News Releases About Hunting and Fishing Licenses Statistics Since 1975-2000)

THE USOFA FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE IZ A SUBSIDUARY OF THE NRA. U WONT EVER FIND REAL INFO LIKE....
HOW MUCH BIG GAME LIVES IN THE USOFA.
HOW MUCH BIG GAME IZ SHOT LEGALLY EECH YEAR.
HOW MUCH IZ SHOT ILLEGALLY.
HOW MUCH ILLEGAL SHOOTING IZ PENALIZED EECH YEAR.
HOW MANY UNLICENSED SHOOTERS ARE THERE.
HOW MANY SHOOTERS ARE PENALIZED EECH YEAR.
HOW MANY SHOOTERS SHOOT SHOOTERS EECH YEAR.
HOW MANY ROAD SIGNS ARE SHOT EECH YEAR.
MAC.

cushioncrawler
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Table 10. Selected Characteristics of Hunters by Type of Hunting: 2006
Population 16 years old and older. Characteristic
U.S. population .................229,245,000
hunting total.......................12,510,000
Big game hunting only..........10,682,000

Soflasnapper
01-25-2013, 05:07 PM

I don't watch his show, and you may very well be right about him being obnoxious. He's a Murdoch guy from the UK, and not a man with a great reputation for journalism to my knowledge. Probably more a smart mouth demagogue. Whether you like smart-mouthed people or not usually depends on whether they're interrupting with the sarcastic tone of voice on the side of the argument you like, or don't.

Now, as to the situation in Colorado, it remains an open carry state. (Except in Denver, iirc, based on their lawsuit to keep their gun laws in place in the city.)

So people can and some do walk around strapped with sidearms, or with their semi-auto rifles or shotguns on their person, openly. It's a little surprising that's legal, but it is, there and other places as well. (You may need a permit to conceal a weapon on you, but not to display it openly.)

Now, as a private business, that theater in Aurora posted a policy of no guns in the building. I guess with private property rights and such, they were within their rights, as no one has a right to see movies there if they won't honor the policies. Don't bring in food or drinks from outside. Don't bring firearms inside.

Sid_Vicious
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM
"I believe that Piers Morgan has done the best job of keeping the facts about these assault weapons, and the armour piercing weapons out in front with his programs on the subject."

Rush Morgan says a semi auto fires 100 rounds a minute. I know many gun friends who'd find that FACT interesting to know. They just wont fire that fast. Many of Morgans statements are blatent and stupid. sid

LWW
01-26-2013, 04:27 AM
PM is simply a pimp telling the leftbots the lies they want to hear.

Qtec
01-26-2013, 06:53 AM
I think you are overboard on the NRA wanting every citizen armed though.

Well, they do call for more guns rather than less guns. Also they have fought to allow guns in schools,bars,Churches,state parks and probably Disney Land as well.

Q

Gayle in MD
01-26-2013, 01:04 PM
"I believe that Piers Morgan has done the best job of keeping the facts about these assault weapons, and the armour piercing weapons out in front with his programs on the subject."

Rush Morgan says a semi auto fires 100 rounds a minute. I know many gun friends who'd find that FACT interesting to know. They just wont fire that fast. Many of Morgans statements are blatent and stupid. sid

If you think that in the span of time it takes to speak the words, "one thousand one" which is eaul to one second, that a reasonably well coordinated human being could not pull a trigger, even more than once in that span of time, then I don't know what your reasoning might be on the subject, Martin.

IMO, Q.'s voideo, like others I have seen, prove that whomever your gun friends might be, they are just plain stupid!

I don't find Peirs Morgan to be partivcularly rude, just the opposite on many occasions when dealing with some of these idiotic gun nuts, although when he asks a simple question, and the radical, ignorant RWers I've seen on his program, refuse to stay on the topic, and answer the simple question, I've seen him get irritated, about the same time I get irritated over their blatant, motor mouths of lies and insults, BS and denials.

Additionally, I don't see or notice anything particularly indicative of being Gay, about Mr. Morgan, at all.

May I ask, have you ever tried to fire one on those weapons, to see for yourself how fast they can fire when loaded with high capacity magazines, or rigged with a rubber band?

They have no place in our society. There is absolutely NO excuse for having these MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPONS AND HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES, AND ARMOUR PIERCING BULLETS, IN THE HANDS OR HOMES OF CIVILAINS.

Also, I have researched Mr. Morgans statistics, and those which he quotes, are factual, while those quoted by the gun nuts, are always wrong.

IMO, since our own Generals who certainly know all about combat, and weapons, have stated that these weapons are only suitable for mass murder, for killing human beings at a very fast rate per minute, I will take their word for it.

Comparing Piers Morgan to Rush, is quite a stretch. I'm glad that you do realize that for some reason, he rubs you the wrong way. I think that perhaps your dislike of him overall, is coloring your views about his program, and about him, personally. I've seen him remain polite a number of times, when some of the ignorant idiot gun worshippers have been offensive enough that it became pretty obvious that the guest should not own any guns, at all.

G.

Qtec
01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5XzQ1BS7gU

100 rounds a minute? Easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AII1vjuijnc

Q

Gayle in MD
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=cushioncrawler;406030]Big Game Hunting Advice and Tips

"There is no thrill like the one you get from big game hunting. No matter what you are hunting, be it wild hog, bear or deer, you know that going into the hunt your heart is racing and your ready to go. I know that is how I feel. By the time the season is here I am more than ready to strap on my boots and get out there to catch myself a trophy I can show off to all my friends."

Big man, thrilled about proving to his sicko buddies that he can kill defenseless animals with a gun.

BTW, what does this have to do with civilians owning military style assault weapons, armor piercing bullets, and high capacity magazines, all of which our Military Generals have stated are for one purpose, and one purpose only, and that is to mass murder, mow down dozens upon dozens of people in mere moments.