PDA

View Full Version : Doctor D

=k=
10-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Hello Doctor Di. I know you are probly quite busy, but i was wondering how you book on drills was coming along? How much longer? thanks K

Doctor_D
10-30-2002, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: =k=:</font><hr> Hello Doctor Di. I know you are probly quite busy, but i was wondering how you book on drills was coming along? How much longer? thanks K <hr></blockquote>

Good morning:

The book of drills should be ready for distribution by March of 2003!

/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Dr. D.

=k=
10-30-2002, 08:16 AM
great! any idea where we will be able to purchase it and title? k

Kato
10-30-2002, 08:23 AM
I'll be getting mine from Diana (I'm not sure if she knows it yet). Of course it will have to be autographed.

Kato~~~now about opening it

Doctor_D
10-30-2002, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: =k=:</font><hr> great! any idea where we will be able to purchase it and title? k <hr></blockquote>

Good morning:

Full details will be available by the first of the new year.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
10-30-2002, 08:33 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Kato:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I'll be getting mine from Diana (I'm not sure if she knows it yet). Of course it will have to be autographed.

Kato~~~now about opening it &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Good morning:

Yes Kato, you will be able to obtain a copy, as will everyone else from the CCB, directly through my office at a very special rate!

Dr. D.

10-30-2002, 09:00 AM
What a super idea Di. I wish you the best of luck with this project and i will definately want a copy of this.

If i may be so bold, i don't know if you've considered this, but it's always bugged me that books are not user friendly as far as haveing them handy at table side for quick easy reference. It seems to me that a book on drills would be so much easier to use (and attractive) if the pages were on rings so that the book would lay flat. Also haveing all the grid lines on table diagrams is a big help.

Just some friendly suggestions if it's not already too late. Anyway, i'm sure this book will be a welcome addition to my Pool Library and i too would love a signed copy!

Have a great day. Stretch

rackmup
10-30-2002, 09:05 AM
Post deleted by rackmup

Doctor_D
10-30-2002, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Stretch:</font><hr> What a super idea Di. I wish you the best of luck with this project and i will definately want a copy of this.

If i may be so bold, i don't know if you've considered this, but it's always bugged me that books are not user friendly as far as haveing them handy at table side for quick easy reference. It seems to me that a book on drills would be so much easier to use (and attractive) if the pages were on rings so that the book would lay flat. Also haveing all the grid lines on table diagrams is a big help.

Just some friendly suggestions if it's not already too late. Anyway, i'm sure this book will be a welcome addition to my Pool Library and i too would love a signed copy!

Have a great day. Stretch <hr></blockquote>

Good morning Stretch:

The drill book will be in a 5" three ring binder.

Dr. D.

10-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Umm...didn't the Judge award me a free copy in the divorce? I believe he did. Yes, he did. Remember when he threw it at me? I was arguing about the alimony agreement and he said "Mr. Kingan, I'm about ready to throw the book at you" and I said "Well, go ahead fatman" and the next thing I know...KABAM! Right up side of my head. Was that the book? If so, I forgot to pick it up off the floor before the Baliff led me out of the courtroom.

Regards,

Ken

Yup. Another "oohhh, let's make the pool industry just grow and grow...." type that is too cheap to recognize the time and effort that the author contributed is worth a few bucks. "Who will help me bake my bread?" "Not me said the duck...."
You guys crack me up.
Bob Campbell

rackmup
10-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Post deleted by rackmup

10-30-2002, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Umm...didn't the Judge award me a free copy in the divorce? I believe he did. Yes, he did. Remember when he threw it at me? I was arguing about the alimony agreement and he said "Mr. Kingan, I'm about ready to throw the book at you" and I said "Well, go ahead fatman" and the next thing I know...KABAM! Right up side of my head. Was that the book? If so, I forgot to pick it up off the floor before the Baliff led me out of the courtroom.

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

Ken, I believe that was a different book. Had he thrown the drill book at you and "caught you upside the head" you'd still be out cold!

10-30-2002, 02:55 PM
You'll be voting a straight Democratic ticket next Tuesday I bet. You are old enough to vote right? Not really sure with that clever comeback of yours. By the way, if Doctor D is in fact your friend, you should be pleased to PAY for the book in recognition of her accomplishment. You will also spare your friend the uncomfortable feeling of having to cover her expenses, while a FRIEND is trying to mooch a book.Then again, if you hand out your payckeck to total strangers or casual aquantainces you can probably beg with a clear conscience.

rackmup
10-30-2002, 04:18 PM
Post deleted by rackmup

10-30-2002, 04:39 PM
I bought your book too, by the way. The cover gave me a headache though. Other than that, well written and interesting. Remember...I BOUGHT YOUR BOOK. I PAID FOR YOUR BOOK. SOME OF MY MONEY IS NOW YOUR MONEY. BE NICER TO THE GUY THAT AT LEAST HELPED YOU A LITTLE BIT. Just kidding...you don't have to be nice if you don't know how.

Regards,

Ken

Ahhh...you bought my book? Ummmm....never mind....
I love you
Bob Campbell

SpiderMan
10-30-2002, 04:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: doitforthegame:</font><hr> Ahhh...you bought my book? Ummmm....never mind....
I love you
Bob Campbell <hr></blockquote>

Damn - I've been wanting to buy it, but now I'm scared .....

SpiderMan

10-30-2002, 05:04 PM
why the recent furor over anonymous postings is overblown. As of late, many of the inflammatory, name-calling, self-righteous postings I've read have been from "registered" users. Look at this situation....rackmup makes a JOKE about the book being named as one of his divorced assets, and two or three people respond by suggesting that he's a mooch, implying that people with such attitudes are harming creators or unwilling to support pool with their dollars.

But I guess it's okay for people to be self-righteous, inflammatory name-callers as long as they *REGISTER*.

Several regulars have been quite sarcastic recently about a poster's choice not to register--(Oh, it is too difficult to enter a few fields? Oh, it takes a whole 30 seconds? Is that too much for you? Are you all really in Witness Protection? et. al) Why do you think that attitude would at all encourage people to register?

For all those sarcastic comments, I reply: Is it so hard for you to simply ignore an anonymous post? Couldn't you just not reply to it, especially if you feel so strongly that they shouldn't be allowed anyway?

Yes, I realize that some anonymous posts contain objectionable content....for that matter, so do just as many posts by regulars. The best deterrent is ignoring them...plain and simple.

I choose not to register for a number of reasons. I post from work after hours. I don't believe in being coerced or forced to provide my e-mail address--every time I do, I discover new ways of getting spammed by junk mail. And those are just a couple of my reasons...there are others. But I sign every one of my posts: aldewey. In fact, I used to change "anonymous" to aldewey, but now that's not an option any longer.

I've read the arguments from Tom and several others about restoring IP addresses--and while I understand your points of view, I disagree. I shouldn't have to lose my privacy because others cannot exercise enough self-control to ignore postings whose sole purpose is to incite trouble. Also, IP address information is not the be-all and end-all because some services don't provide a dedicated IP address, like DSL. Because I use my work computer and 170 other people work here, my IP address is the same as theirs. Knowing my IP address doesn't necessarily mean *I* made the post, yet many of you have been quick to accuse people of posting under multiple guises.

Someone mentioned caller ID as an analogy; I would point out that call originators have the ability to override caller ID by blocking their number. (Call receivers, in turn, have the option to refuse calls from blocked numbers.) You, too, have the option...the option to refrain from replying (and prolonging the viewing of) posts you feel don't add to the community of this board.

When this board elevates above the level of name-calling and bickering, I may reconsider my decision regarding registering.

For those of you who disagree with my views, that is your right, and I respect your right to do so. For those inclined to respond with thoughtfulness, great. For those inclined to respond by sniping, feel free, but I'll follow my own advice and ignore it. Someone has to set the example.

aldewey

bluewolf
10-30-2002, 05:56 PM
dr d,

congrat on your upcoming publishing of your new book!!! i will certainly want one too!!!!

bw

Doctor_D
10-31-2002, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> dr d,

congrat on your upcoming publishing of your new book!!! i will certainly want one too!!!!

bw <hr></blockquote>

Thank-you !!!

I will reserve an Autographed copy for you...

Dr. D.