PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Table Cloth

Sid_Vicious
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
I have had my Simonas here at home for years and only vacuumed it. I notice these days that it is really slow so I need to do a better job of cleaning. Would simply taking damp towels to it be effective? I've seen them do that in pool halls alot. Thanks. sid

cushioncrawler
02-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Stretching??
mac.

Rich R.
02-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Damp towels does a great job of cleaning the cloth, however, I have no idea if it will make the cloth faster.

cushioncrawler
02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Duzz anyone ever hot-iron a pool (napless) bedkloth??? But not too hot -- too hot iz too hot.
I say napless but praps it iz more akurat to kall it a nondirektional nap, kompared to the direktional snooker nap.
A damp towell iz good for cleaning i think, but robs pace. Might havta iron twice to get pace back.

Last sunday we took off the (100% wool) strachan gold tournament 6811 32oz bedkloth on my 12' table and replaced it with 30oz. I had trouble getting 6 lengths with the 32oz but expekt to get 6 lengths with the 30oz once i hot-iron it.

Gave the 32oz to our farrier -- she haz an 8' table with a tear -- she can uze the 32oz nap-up, or napless side up.
Can/shood a simonas be turned upsidedown, ie when u take it off and stretch it.
On a 12' table the nappy bedkloth iz allways taken off and restretched after a year or so -- restretching improves pace, and improovs roll.
mac.

rgk
02-16-2013, 01:15 AM
I have had my Simonas here at home for years and only vacuumed it. I notice these days that it is really slow so I need to do a better job of cleaning. Would simply taking damp towels to it be effective? I've seen them do that in pool halls alot. Thanks. sid

at my poolroom we used to vaccum the table, simonis 860, every other day and wipe them with a wet rag from head to foot twice a week. the cloth looked good and played good. we put a half cap of woolight in one gallon of water to wipe--may or may not have helped.

Nine ... corner
02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Has anybody here ever used "Chaulk Off" spray cleaner?

DiabloViejo
02-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Has anybody here ever used "Chaulk Off" spray cleaner?

I've used Chaulk Off and Quick Clean, on a bar table that sees heavy usage 7 days a week (cloth is Simonis 860). They both work OK but I switched to using Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner (Dri-Clean Plus), it works better, deodorizes the cloth and smells great, plus it costs less than $8 for a 22 oz spray can. I first brush the table in one direction from head to foot and then spray the Blue Coral so that it wafts down gently onto the cloth as a light mist (rather than spraying it onto the cloth directly). I follow that up by wiping the cloth down (again going in one direction) with a microfiber mitt. The table gets cleaned every other day. The Blue Coral works great! (BTW, I also vacuum the table once a week).
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Coral-DC22-Upholstery-Cleaner/dp/B0009IR0PQ

Nine ... corner
02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the quick answer and the link to Blue Coral. There isn't a concern about possibly stretching the cloth or messing with the joints by vacuuming?

cushioncrawler
02-21-2013, 03:27 PM
I've used Chaulk Off and Quick Clean, on a bar table that sees heavy usage 7 days a week (cloth is Simonis 860). They both work OK but I switched to using Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner (Dri-Clean Plus), it works better, deodorizes the cloth and smells great, plus it costs less than $8 for a 22 oz spray can. I first brush the table in one direction from head to foot and then spray the Blue Coral so that it wafts down gently onto the cloth as a light mist (rather than spraying it onto the cloth directly). I follow that up by wiping the cloth down (again going in one direction) with a microfiber mitt. The table gets cleaned every other day. The Blue Coral works great! (BTW, I also vacuum the table once a week).

I suspekt that most pool tables are brushed towards the nearest pocket. Not good.
I reckon that brushing padding ironing wetting kleening etc shood all be dunn in one direktion, ie the same direktion, every time. With our 12' tables we allways work with the nap, ie from baulk to top of table.
Praps pool tables dont hav a nap, or at least a direktional nap, but in a way they do i think.
Anyhow, if the nap iz ruffed, and iz everywhichway, and the bed needs stretching, pace will be sloooooooooow.
mac.

DiabloViejo
02-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the quick answer and the link to Blue Coral. There isn't a concern about possibly stretching the cloth or messing with the joints by vacuuming?

Not if you use a small hand held type vacuum (preferebably without the rotating brushes). The only time it would be a problem is if you use a powerful vacuum like a big shop vac or a very powerful floor vac with a flexible hose attachment.

albertwilson30
03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Damp clothes are the best things to use for the cleaning, just make sure to use soft damp cloth without any dust. I would drying the cue after cleaning with damp cloth and keep the cloth for drying as well to use it next time.

albertwilson30
03-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Yes, I think simply by using damp cloth will do the work for you as well. I am also using the same trick for years now. I think not only me, but many of us are following this to clean their pool gears. Just keep in mind that the cloth should be clean and soft.

WV Slim Shady
03-21-2013, 04:09 AM
I use a dirt devil.

allanpsand
04-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I use a drapery attachment on my vacuum, going cross side, down the length of the table. The key is to place the opening flat to the table at all times without pushing or forcing it down.

Soflasnapper
05-14-2013, 08:16 PM
My Diamond table's information says do not use a vacuum on the cloth. I ignore that, but do avoid using the 'beater' (the powered rotating brush), and just use what would normally be a bare floor attachment (which I do not use on the floor).

Rich R.
05-15-2013, 04:33 AM
My Diamond table's information says do not use a vacuum on the cloth. I ignore that, but do avoid using the 'beater' (the powered rotating brush), and just use what would normally be a bare floor attachment (which I do not use on the floor).

I've been using a vacuum, with no beater, on my cloth ever since I bought it, many years ago. I have no problems with the cloth.