PDA

View Full Version : Us open

pooldaddy9
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
anything on the US OPEN 2013 where/when

Rich R.
03-10-2013, 07:09 AM
At this point, the question seems to be "IF" more than "where/when.

Eric.
03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Last rumored (by Barry and Shannon) is that it might be moving to the Virginia Beach Convention Center, from the current Holiday Inn.

Thing is, like RichR alluded to, there is talk that it might not happen this year. As of now, there is no BCA ranking points assigned to the tourney. The Behrmans have not announced a date for 2013 yet.

Eric >wishful

Rich R.
03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Eric, it is not just me alluding to the possibility of not having an Open this year. Mike Panozzo alluded to it a couple of months ago in his BD editorial. Barry may have really shot himself in the foot this time.

Soflasnapper
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I agree, although I must say it cannot be a lot harder than needing a pass to get out of jail to run it, as occurred a couple years back. Crossing fingers.

dg-in-centralpa
03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Sorry to be late with this, but what did Barry do to shoot himself? Was it last years location? I don't get BD anymore, and have been off here for awhile.

DG
AKA Duane Zehring

Rich R.
03-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry to be late with this, but what did Barry do to shoot himself? Was it last years location? I don't get BD anymore, and have been off here for awhile.

DG
AKA Duane Zehring
Duane, it is common knowledge that Barry had trouble paying players again this year but, in addition to that, there is a lot of stuff going on. Some is verifiable and some is not. Some is publically known and some is not. I'm hoping there will be an Open in 2013 but it is looking shaky. Things will definitely be interesting in months to come.

Eric.
03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm not on Facebook, but here is something that a friend copied:

"Hey Everyone! We hope that you all are doing great. We are in search for the PERFECT venue for the 2013 U.S. Open, as you all deserve the very best. The PERFECT venue will have ONE ballroom! ☺ Please be patient with us and we will keep you posted. We are in negotiation with a few great places and we will have an update by April 5th.
Thank you all!
Barry and Shannon
Proud Promoters"

Now, the disclaimer is that might be erroneous info, so take it as a rumor.

Eric

Rich R.
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Rumor or not, for us fans of the Open, it gives us hope.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, I am sure it will be different for 2013 than 2012.
New Tournament Directors will be needed.
The Pros will go, because it is the only action in Oct. Not all the pros, but I would guess that any tournament scheduled during the same time period, with $8,000 or more added will be more attractive than the US Open 9 Ball tournament.
I would also suspect that the European and Asian players might think twice about entering a tournament that has this "payouts to be determined at the end of the tournament" for the last 4 years...

Rich R.
03-28-2013, 04:18 AM
Hi Tom. I haven't seen your name on the forum for a while. How are you doing?

Tom_In_Cincy
03-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Doing well Rich... I retired in 2010 and have been enjoying more reading and playing pool. My game is getting better.. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Rich R.
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Congrats on the retirement Tom and I'm happy to you are well and enjoying it.
Although Cathy and I have had some surgeries lately, we are on the mend and doing well. I can't wait to finish rehab on my shoulder so I can start playing pool again.
It's good to hear from you and hope you stop in here often. As you can tell, the traffic is slow on this forum and we can always use some new topics to discuss.

enjoydgame
04-09-2013, 04:41 AM
The tournament is set to schedule from 26 August-9 September and the advance booking will start from 23 April,9 A.M and ends on 30 April.

Soflasnapper
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
The US Open you mean? Really?

Rich R.
04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
The tournament is set to schedule from 26 August-9 September and the advance booking will start from 23 April,9 A.M and ends on 30 April.

That is not what it said in the latest press release.
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=10942

Eric.
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
And....

It's official:

2013 U.S. Open Championships Goes To Marriott The 38th Annual U.S. Open Championships will be held October 14-19, 2013 at the Marriott hotel, formerly the Holiday Inn where the event was held from 1991-1995, just across the parking lot from the Chesapeake Conference Center.

This intimate 7,200 sq ft ballroom is the perfect size to have the ACCU-STATS arena and 8 additional tables with seating for 600-700 people. Nightly room rates will begin at $89.00, a bargain for this upscale hotel. Information regarding the U.S. Open code to book your stay, VIP seat information, and layout information will be coming soon.

Shannon will handle all added money to be held in escrow 90 days prior to the event along with all entry fees to assure payouts will be prompt. Barry will handle what he enjoys the most by having the proper staff to run the event and arrange the ballrooms entire layout including the seating for the greatest fans on the planet. By doing this everything gets done exactly as it should without any mishaps.

The added money will be a minimum of $50,000.00 to a maximum of $72,000.00, based on the number of players and we hope to have a full field again and add $72,000.00 for a total prize of $200,000.00.

We expect all information for you within the next 7-10 days so please be a little more patient. We appreciate all of those who have called and sent emails, your support has been truly amazing. We have always known that we have the greatest fans and players on earth, and you always continue to remind us. Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Barry Behrman & Shannon Behrman Paschall
By Barry Behrman, Shannon Behrman Paschall - 2013-04-10

http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=10963

Eric

WV Slim Shady
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Whatever happened to that pro eight ball league?

Soflasnapper
04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
ESCROW THE MONEY???!?!?!

Funny, that's what the players demanded last time before climbing down from that boycott threat, AND of course, payments were delayed at the end from the lack of escrowing them in advance.

That is a great idea, which we'll have to wait to see if it's implemented and works.

I am in favor of players being paid what they earned by placing in the field, and on time as well.

WV Slim Shady
04-12-2013, 02:42 PM
They aint no real money in pro pool. Thats why slim shady travels around.

Rich R.
04-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Whatever happened to that pro eight ball league?

I haven't heard of the pro eight ball league but I know a lot of people are waiting for the bonus ball league.

Rich R.
04-12-2013, 07:04 PM
ESCROW THE MONEY???!?!?!

Funny, that's what the players demanded last time before climbing down from that boycott threat, AND of course, payments were delayed at the end from the lack of escrowing them in advance.

That is a great idea, which we'll have to wait to see if it's implemented and works.

I am in favor of players being paid what they earned by placing in the field, and on time as well.

Keep in mind that Shannon is handling the escrow, not a third party. I like both Barry and Shannon and I really want to trust that the money will be there when its needed but we've heard too many stories over the past few years. I'll still be there but I won't be surprised if things don't work as planned.

WV Slim Shady
04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Ipt i think it was called.

Rich R.
04-13-2013, 04:40 AM
Ipt i think it was called.

The IPT is long gone.

Eric.
04-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Behrmans Field the Tough Questions About 2013 U.S. Open

AZBilliards was contacted by Barry Behrman and he has expressed his concern over what he considers misconceptions concerning the U.S. Open. He asked us to come up with the toughest questions we could concerning the talk about his event. We complied and the result is the Q & A below......

By Barry Behrman, Shannon B. Paschall - 2013-04-26

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=11024

Soflasnapper
04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
That's a great link to explain what's going to happen.

Also, for those who didn't read through the whole thing, there is a floor plan shown.

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/Tournament%20Room.pdf

My observation is that apparently the feature match tv table will NOT be visible from anywhere but the surrounding VIP seating, not at all in the general admission seating. Probably as they did last year, they'll provide one or more big screens to let the people without sight lines to the feature match table see the Accustat video feed.

Rich R.
05-01-2013, 06:47 AM
There is also a second room with 5 additional tables that will be used as long as they are needed. I wouldn't recommend reserving seats in that room. LOL
http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/Practice%20Room.pdf

Soflasnapper
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Rooms are available now at the Marriott (thanks Rich for passing that on), and I've reserved mine already.

When were seats going to be available again? June 1?

Rich R.
05-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Phil, I'm happy you pulled the trigger on the rooms. It's not a bad price, especially for the Marriott.
I believe you are correct about June 1 being the start date for seats but the date has been changed a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again.

dg-in-centralpa
05-17-2013, 04:30 PM
We won't be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year. Neither of us can get off work that weekend.

Duane

Soflasnapper
05-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Phil, I'm happy you pulled the trigger on the rooms. It's not a bad price, especially for the Marriott.
I believe you are correct about June 1 being the start date for seats but the date has been changed a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again.

The lowest price (89 a day) requires a 5-day stay (perfect for us, as we arrive Tuesdays and stay through the event). I think there are two incrementally higher per day prices for stays of less days.

Will keep a sharp eye out for word of seats on sale, as the ones anyone would really want will be in considerably short supply-- word to the wise, and you already know about that!

Soflasnapper
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM
We won't be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year. Neither of us can get off work that weekend.

Duane

Nuts. WORK??!?!?!! An outrage up with which I shall not put! LOL! But sorry to hear that.

Rich R.
05-20-2013, 04:32 AM
The lowest price (89 a day) requires a 5-day stay (perfect for us, as we arrive Tuesdays and stay through the event). I think there are two incrementally higher per day prices for stays of less days.

Will keep a sharp eye out for word of seats on sale, as the ones anyone would really want will be in considerably short supply-- word to the wise, and you already know about that!

Per the most current press release, VIP tickets will go on sale in mid June. Hopefully, this is the final change.

dg-in-centralpa
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
On a side note, we are coming to Miami for a half day at the end of August. I'll pm you more info later, maybe you, RJ, and us can do dinner.

Soflasnapper
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
That would be great, Duane. Can't do most Wednesday nights (league night).

enjoydgame
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
The 2013 US Open National Playoffs - Men's and Women's Singles Championships will be held August 16-19 in New Haven, Conn. at Yale University, staged during the New Haven Open at Yale presented by First Niagara, an Emirates Airline US Open Series event.
The 2013 US Open National Playoffs - Mixed Doubles Championship will be held August 21-24 in New Haven, Conn. at Yale University, staged during the New Haven Open at Yale presented by First Niagara, an Emirates Airline US Open Series event.

Eric.
06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Looks like the US Open VIP seats presale start today, for previous seatholders and for the general public on July 1st:

Hello Everyone!
We hope that you are all doing great and are looking forward to the 2013 U.S. Open just as much as we are! The dates are October 13-19, 2013. This years event will be held at the gorgeous Chesapeake Marriott.
We know we have a lot to prove and we intend to do just that!
We are excited to get underway and begin selling VIP seats and accepting entries beginning July 1st! If you bought a seat the first week in June last year, than we will be in touch within the next 24 hours, so that you have the first opportunity to purchase your same seat again.

VIP seat sales go on sale to the puble on July 1st!
VIP Ticket prices will be as followed:
Sunday Saturday $200
Monday Saturday $180
Tuesday Saturday $170
Wednesday Saturday $160
Thursday Saturday $150
All VIP seating will be reserved and include chairs and tables that will surround Television table. VIP members are free to move around ballroom to view additional matches.
General Admission is $120 for the week. General Admission does not give you a reserved seat.
GA Ticket price per session- $10

Daily Match Times:
Day Session: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm
Night Session: 7pm, 9pm, 11pm
(As usual; Match times are based off size of field)
(All on-line purchases are subject to a 20% cancellation fee in addition to the credit card processing fees)
To view the floor plan, please follow this link: usopen9ballchampionships.com (http://usopen9ballchampionships.com/fans.php)
The Chesapeake Marriott is our Host Hotel and has offered to give all the U.S. Open players and fans a fantastic deal, as you all deserve the very best!
Make sure you let them know you are with the US Open to get discounted rate!
725 Woodlake Drive
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 523-1500 or 888-245-2617 or 888-245-2617 reference US Open
Book Deluxe Room 1-3 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $109 per night (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/orfgr-norfolk-marriott-chesapeake/?toDate=10/20/13&groupCode=usousoa&utm_medium=36633&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=10/11/13&utm_source=MEL&app=resvlink)
Book Deluxe Room for 4 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $99 per night (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/orfgr-norfolk-marriott-chesapeake/?toDate=10/20/13&groupCode=ufoufoa&utm_medium=36633&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=10/11/13&utm_source=MEL&app=resvlink)
Book Deluxe Room for 5-9 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $89 per night (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/orfgr-norfolk-marriott-chesapeake/?toDate=10/20/13&groupCode=ufiufia&utm_medium=36633&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=10/11/13&utm_source=MEL&app=resvlink)
We cannot wait to see you all!
Barry & Shannon!http://mail.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo69.gif

Eric

Rich R.
06-28-2013, 06:24 AM
I Got my call and reserved our tickets yesterday. :peace:

Brian in VA
07-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Gang!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the Open. I was so turned off by last years experience, that's the venue and not the company, that I'm questioning whether I want to spend the money.

It's always good to see my old friends and that will probably be the thing that tips the scales.

Hope to see you all in October!
Brian in VA

Rich R.
07-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi Gang!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the Open. I was so turned off by last years experience, that's the venue and not the company, that I'm questioning whether I want to spend the money.

It's always good to see my old friends and that will probably be the thing that tips the scales.

Hope to see you all in October!
Brian in VA

I've probably gained a few pounds since last year so that should help tip the scales even more.

Brian in VA
07-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Well gang, I won't be coming to the Open this year for the first time in a decade as work has gotten in the way and I can't change it.

I hope you all have a great time!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
07-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Brian, you will be missed.

You really have to do something about that work stuff. :deadhorse:

Soflasnapper
07-14-2013, 10:57 PM
What is this 'work' of which you speak???? Whaaaaa!

Ok, be responsible and such. But not a fanatic! :ballchain:

Brian in VA
08-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm trying to get to retirement as quickly as I can but that will be in time for the 50th US Open 9 ball championships at this rate.

With any luck at all, I may make it down for Friday only. I really would like to see you all and play a little.

Everyone travel safely!

Eric.
08-22-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to get to retirement as quickly as I can but that will be in time for the 50th US Open 9 ball championships at this rate.

With any luck at all, I may make it down for Friday only. I really would like to see you all and play a little.

Everyone travel safely!

Things wouldn't be the same without your presence. Hope to see ya!

Eric

Harold Acosta
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Brian in VA, Is there any way to get the CCB trophies to Rich R. for this year's Open? Let me know my share for the cost.

Soflasnapper
09-24-2013, 08:47 PM
That's a nice gesture, Harold! I'll second the offer, and help split it also. (Or we could just wait til Friday I suppose!)

Eric.
09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Guys, regarding the trophies, I know it's getting late in the game to make em up. Also, in all fairness to Brian, it's a lot of work and I know he has his plate full.

I have a solution. I was planning on making a framed picture of a couple of trophies (winner and runner up). I need help, tho. If there was someone that is good with Photoshop, I could send a good quality pic and we can change the dates via Photoshop. From there, I can have it framed.

Anyone?

Eric