PDA

View Full Version : FUN Speed Control Drills ?

bigbro6060
10-30-2002, 09:18 PM
My speed control needs some work. Right now for speed control, i'm just practicing hitting the CB certain distances on the table, it's a bit boring

Do you guys know any fun speed control drills ?

and i am looking to totally isolate the speed aspect, so am not after overall cue ball position drills

cheers

CarolNYC
10-31-2002, 05:35 AM
Hi there,
In Phil Capelles"Play your best straight pool",he discusses speed control-I roll the 15 balls out on the table and pocket them without the cueball hitting a rail!Its not "fun" until you can do it ten times in a row for two weeks straight!:)But it does give you the "finesse!"Good luck!
Carol

bluewolf
10-31-2002, 05:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigbro6060:</font><hr> My speed control needs some work. Right now for speed control, i'm just practicing hitting the CB certain distances on the table, it's a bit boring

Do you guys know any fun speed control drills ?

and i am looking to totally isolate the speed aspect, so am not after overall cue ball position drills

cheers <hr></blockquote>

when i miss a shot in a match due to lack of speed ball control, i practice that shot at home.here is one i missed which was supposed to be a safety.

cb at one end. two of my ob at other end about 3 inches apart and about two inches in front of the short rail.i want to nick the left ob with the cb in such a way that it just barely touches the rail and hides behind the rt ob. i missed this shot abyssmally. after some practice, i am some better at it but far from perfect.in fact, i am not totally sure how much of the left ob to hit to get this effect but still experimenting trial and error....

can do it much better if it across rails, but doing it right from one end of the table to the other seems very hard to me.
bw

ChrisW
10-31-2002, 08:33 AM
Shoot each object ball from anywhere behind the headstring to the side rail before the side pocket and have it end up behind the footstring. Sounds easy but the catch is to do it without any balls hitting each other with all 15 balls at the foot of the table.
Not always fun but atleast it is different.

Chris