PDA

View Full Version : LET ME REPHRASE MY INTEREST

cueball1950
10-31-2002, 07:45 PM
PLEASE excuse me for not posting right the firsat time about this kid Dave King. I am not looking to have any one here rat him out or anything like that. Dave has been right up front and forth right about his ability and knowledge of the game. He even told me i would find his name at az billiards player list around # 78 or so. He is going to play in the Joss Tour event this weekend and i was just trying to figure out if he was worth buying in the calcutta. Actually we had quite a chat last night for about an hour or so. I remember seeing him at the Open last year. As you all well know. Alot of people talk a good game and can't play a lick. So i was just wondering if he was just laying it on as they say. He states he has moved to Amsterdam NY from Kentucky. And that he is going to be here a long while. so i was just curious about him. Thank you for you patience in letting me explain it more fully. Knowing the rules of this board i would not ask anyone to rat out road player..............Mike

Chris Cass
11-01-2002, 02:55 AM
Hi Mike,

Buying a player in a calcutta is alway's chancy. Even the best players don't have to win or even be there in the money spots as you already probably know. I find that it's the amount of the buy that makes it worth it. The last event I went to the guy that won it went for $80. in the cal. The funny thing was that all the blind bids were like $500-$600. I say if you think he has a shot and the price is ok, then do it. JMHO Did I mention 1st in the cal paid $1750.?

Regards,

C.C.~~is he hungry?

11-02-2002, 08:04 PM
let me tell you he is not worth a nickle until he beats the best in albany, and we all know who that is, ill be back next week, im in atlanta right now for a little R&R but i will be back then well see if he has any game.