PDA

View Full Version : Some answers about The Windy City Open

Bob
11-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Amatuers...... Well, the question posted was what defines an amatuer. In cases such as this, the only fair way to run a clean and reputable event is there must be guide lines. So, how did we set these guide lines? That's a hard question because we all know that there are many players that could be on the pro list. Given this dilemma, we had to make giude lines to follow, and elected to use the BCA pro list. When an registration comes in, we proscess the best we can. This includes, checking the BCA list, calling the BCA if there is a questionable entry and calling a few good friends.

In addition, on our revised registration form, we have included the term "at the tournament director's discretion".

We have worked for over a year with the host hotel, liquor, beverage companies and other resources to make this an affordable fun event for everyone.

I am not a "pool player" but my husband (Bob) has played forever. I have gone to endless events and watched, talked and helped to run several tournaments. So when formulatng this event, we have tried to make it as player friendly as possible. That is why the hotel package is SO good and selling out.

Eydie Romano

Chris Cass
11-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Thanks Eydie,

I know Bob is on the up and up and of course his lovely wife too. My best regards to the both of you and I'll try to make it.

C.C.~~met in Vegas and have known Bob, since back in the day. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the response. Sounds like you are working hard to make this fair for everyone. Good luck.