PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice

11-01-2002, 06:27 PM
I am looking into buying a table and have narrowed it down to two brands. Obviously Olhausen is an awesome table but I also found a table made by World of Lesure. The WOL table is about $800 cheaper. I have not heard of them and am curious if they are as good. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

beerwolf
11-01-2002, 07:15 PM
There was an opinion in an earlier thread:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=4049&S earch=true&Forum=ccbboard&Words=leisure&Match=Enti re%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Mai n=3977

heater451
11-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Assuming the website I found ( http://www.worldofleisuremfg.com/components.htm ) is the correct one, the tables seem to be of quality and they look good.

However, if you're into throwing the name around, and you care about resale value, the Olhausen is probably the way to go.

You may also be able to find a pre-owned Olhausen, for the price of the WoL table, if you don't have to have 'new'.

======================

Chris Cass
11-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Hi Rasbury,

I played on some WOL tables. The ph had them long ago. The 9 ft. version had problems. The pockets had these two metal pieces that fit snugly in the rail to hold them in. The problems happened quite quickly and the pockets wouldn't stay secured. It seems the metal dowels that held it in the rails had broken the surrounding wood and these couldn't be repaired and they basically had to buy new entire rails.

To me, the best advice I could give you is to check out the inside design of any table you buy. Another, is talk to the table mechanics in your area for the best advice on how these various tables are made. I wouldn't go with WOL myself but, to each his own brother.

Regards,

C.C.~~not in table sales and doesn't work for the table companies.

Cueless Joey
11-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Both tables are made here in SoCal.
I helped a friend buy and setup a WOL table 4 yrs ago.
It was an 8 footer. I was impressed by it's quality. The frame was very good for a home table. The slates were bolted in. It was a solid home table.