PDA

View Full Version : The History Of The CCB

11-02-2002, 02:24 AM
For previous chapters, see http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=38757& page=&view=&sb=&o=" (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=38757& page=&view=&sb=&o=)

The Last Of The Wolves

Although the True Queen retained her throne by force against the marauding hordes. Her Gentle Highness abdicated shortly thereafter, her sensitive nature vexed by the harshness displayed by many of the villagers, most of them the newer ones. They’d forgotton that every silver lining has a touch of grey, and they by and large, cared little for tradition and even less about knowledge, loyalty, friendship, and respect.

Now, she is nowhere to be found; and no one knows where she is; but perhaps she visits silently to watch the goings on in her former land.

In the absence of her strict but kind leadership, her Adult Posts thread has slipped from it’s prestigious rank. More significantly, however, in the vacuum of power that’s ensued, a new leader has emerged.

A lean, sinewy muscled young man with a chiseled chin, dark features and brown eyes reminiscent of his ancestral sun-baked, sand-duned land; an irreverent playboy who eats Fruit Loops for breakfast has captured the imagination of the younger, hipper CCBers who thrive on quantity, not quality. A man of few but straightforward words, he sensed the villagers would rather speak less about the movement of the balls than of the movement of the hips of the most beautiful mistresses and wenches which ply’d the felt covered slates. All the men, and even a few woman had a favorite to tout. And before long, they crowned the young rascal Prince.

His meteoric rise to power dethroned the last of the Wolfenian Upstarts, but they’re clan still reside with the common people, who mostly hold no grudge, especially against the former King, for he was a proven warrior and an S/L-7. Their reign in power will not be forgotten right away, for some have adopted their surname to acknowledgement their influence, checkered or otherwise.

Still, there are rumblings from some in the bleachers of the Orpheum who resent all royalty; and with no hope in their own banal, jealousy ridden existence of ever achieving greatness themselves; they would prefer to have all records of the Royal Accomplishments banned from the banner on which they fly. These are the same commoners who would burn the all the books in the libraries if it were permitted, destroying all vestiges of knowledge past, tradition, and pomp and circumstance.

At the same time, a strong force has weaseled it’s way into the kingdom. Not by battering down the walls, but by simply walking through the gate. The badges that everyone wore to let others know who they were, were deemed to be no longer required. The villagers could now walk about the kingdom as shadows if they chose, their faces hidden from view as they spoke. Some began to yell obscenities and hurl insults from the darkness, utterings they’d be too ashamed to voice openly in the square. Others, more noble, but still timid, took to the shadows to voice their unsure opinions.

Word passed throughout the countryside that visitors would no longer be identified at the gate, and outlanders and highwaymen converged on the kingdom from all points. Mostly hooligans, for they did not truly love the kingdom.

The gods let this maylay go on for a while, but finally they became fed up. They roared from the mountain: There will be a change or they will destroy the Kingdom, for it was they who created it.

Egg

Voodoo Daddy
11-02-2002, 03:06 AM
Who The "F" are you talkin about, HAHAHAHAHA? Your writing talents are solid, no doubt. I know where the so-called "Queen" is, so does 75% of the board. It was miserable to watch evil people say evil things...I'm no angel and I have said things that were'nt so smooth but nothing I regret. I will continue to post the only way I know how, with truth and conviction. Those who dont like me or my words, simply pass over my posts...much like I do to those I could care less about. Lets co-exsist for the sake of the game. Oh and Egg, PM me with the name of your new leader...please <I GOTTA KNOW>.

11-02-2002, 03:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr> The Last Of The Wolves

Although the True Queen retained her throne by force against the marauding hordes. Her Gentle Egg
<hr></blockquote>

can you believe some nutcase would sit down and write all that???

some of it approaches clever but...

it's criminal what has become of the american mental health effort.

dan

11-02-2002, 05:49 AM
You grind your ax, and tell the throng I'm mad to turn them against me. Why? ...Why not tell everyone that? Never mind. You need not reveal your reason to all. I know some of it.

Well, anyway, it is true.

I am a madman.
I'll tell you how it came to be:
One day, long before many gods
were born, I woke from a deep
sleep and found all my masks were stolen,
--the seven masks I have fashioned and
worn in seven lives,--I ran maskless
through the crowded streets shouting,
"Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves."

Men and women laughed at me and some
ran to their houses in fear of me.

And when I reached the market place, a
youth standing on a house-top cried, "He
is a madman." I looked up to behold
him; the sun kissed my own naked face for
the first time. For the first time the sun
kissed my own naked face and my soul was
inflamed with love for the sun, and I
wanted my masks no more. And as if in a
trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the
thieves who stole my masks."

Thus I became a madman.

And I have found safety in my madness;
the safety from being understood,
for those who understand us enslave
something in us.
-KG

bluewolf
11-02-2002, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr> You grind your ax, and tell the throng I'm mad to turn them against me. Why? ...Why not tell everyone that? Never mind. You need not reveal your reason to all. I know some of it.

Well, anyway, it is true.

I am a madman.
I'll tell you how it came to be:
One day, long before many gods
were born, I woke from a deep
sleep and found all my masks were stolen,
--the seven masks I have fashioned and
worn in seven lives,--I ran maskless
through the crowded streets shouting,
"Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves."

Men and women laughed at me and some
ran to their houses in fear of me.

And when I reached the market place, a
youth standing on a house-top cried, "He
is a madman." I looked up to behold
him; the sun kissed my own naked face for
the first time. For the first time the sun
kissed my own naked face and my soul was
inflamed with love for the sun, and I
wanted my masks no more. And as if in a
trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the
thieves who stole my masks."

Thus I became a madman.

And I have found safety in my madness;
the safety from being understood,
for those who understand us enslave
something in us.
-KG

<hr></blockquote>

This poem is called 'The Madman' from the book THE MADMAN
by Kahil Gibran. He also wrote THE PROPHET, which is very good.

What to you call this, synchronicity, when many people get similar ideas simultaneously? I was just pming with another CCB er two days ago about the same poem.

Egg has teased me in his writings before, but it is so well written, I had to laugh. Now as with others,I am at a loss as to who the other players are.

Please enlighten us inferior minds Egg. We know who the queen and the wolves are.Is the king Tom in Cincy? and the other two you mentioned, were they Rackmup and Naz?

Dying of curiosity with baited breath.

Down on bended knee to the 'King of Satire', that you will in your mercy interpret your writing for us. &lt;VBG&gt;

BW

Wally_in_Cincy
11-02-2002, 11:16 AM
I believe I know who is behind the mask, but I shall not share my knowledge with the townspeople.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr>

Now, she is nowhere to be found; and no one knows where she is; but perhaps she visits silently to watch the goings on in her former land.
<hr></blockquote>

She speaks to us from Elbe:

"You might to be surprised to know that one of the original drafts for the series that was to become Taxi, was in fact a pool room. It was an article I believe in New Yorker mag about NY cab drivers that brought the thinking around to a cab garage as the base for the cast to interact. Danny Devito Can play a little and has a Joss West that was a gift from long time friend Michael Douglas. Douglas likes to play also but can't play very well. I thought might find this interesting"

a new leader has emerged.

A lean, sinewy muscled young man with a chiseled chin, dark features and brown eyes reminiscent of his ancestral sun-baked, sand-duned land; an irreverent playboy who eats Fruit Loops for breakfast has captured the imagination of the younger, hipper CCBers who thrive on quantity, not quality. A man of few but straightforward words, he sensed the villagers would rather speak less about the movement of the balls than of the movement of the hips of the most beautiful mistresses and wenches which ply&amp;#8217;d the felt covered slates. All the men, and even a few woman had a favorite to tout. And before long, they crowned the young rascal Prince. <hr></blockquote>

His rule will not stand for he rules the board through Machiavellian means and has captured neither the hearts nor minds of his unwilling subjects.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr> These are the same commoners who would burn the all the books in the libraries if it were permitted, destroying all vestiges of knowledge past, tradition, and pomp and circumstance.
<hr></blockquote>

Anarchists, damned anarchists. Have they not learned that their system resides on the ash heap of history? Sigh.........<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr>Some began to yell obscenities and hurl insults from the darkness, utterings they&amp;#8217;d be too ashamed to voice openly in the square<hr></blockquote>

Surely they will be forever known as true cowards.

The gods let this maylay go on for a while, but finally they became fed up. They roared from the mountain: There will be a change or they will destroy the Kingdom, for it was they who created it.

Egg
<hr></blockquote>

As it should be. Pray for the CCB gods to make their decisions with wise deliberation and fairness to the loyal subjects.

nAz
11-03-2002, 02:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr> For previous chapters, see <a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=38757&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=">http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=38757&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o="</a>

The Last Of The Wolves

Although the True Queen retained her throne by force against the marauding hordes. Her Gentle Highness abdicated shortly thereafter, her sensitive nature vexed by the harshness displayed by many of the villagers, most of them the newer ones. They’d forgotton that every silver lining has a touch of grey, and they by and large, cared little for tradition and even less about knowledge, loyalty, friendship, and respect.

In the absence of her strict but kind leadership, her Adult Posts thread has slipped from it’s prestigious rank. More significantly, however, in the vacuum of power that’s ensued, a new leader has emerged.

A lean, sinewy muscled young man with a chiseled chin, dark features and brown eyes reminiscent of his ancestral sun-baked, sand-duned land; an irreverent playboy who eats Fruit Loops for breakfast has captured the imagination of the younger, hipper CCBers who thrive on quantity, not quality. A man of few but straightforward words, he sensed the villagers would rather speak less about the movement of the balls than of the movement of the hips of the most beautiful mistresses and wenches which ply’d the felt covered slates. All the men, and even a few woman had a favorite to tout. And before long, they crowned the young rascal Prince.

His meteoric rise to power dethroned the last of the Wolfenian Upstarts, but they’re clan still reside with the common people, who mostly hold no grudge, especially against the former King, for he was a proven warrior and an S/L-7. Their reign in power will not be forgotten right away, for some have adopted their surname to acknowledgement their influence, checkered or otherwise.

Still, there are rumblings from some in the bleachers of the Orpheum who resent all royalty; and with no hope in their own banal, jealousy ridden existence of ever achieving greatness themselves; they would prefer to have all records of the Royal Accomplishments banned from the banner on which they fly. These are the same commoners who would burn the all the books in the libraries if it were permitted, destroying all vestiges of knowledge past, tradition, and pomp and circumstance.

At the same time, a strong force has weaseled it’s way into the kingdom. Not by battering down the walls, but by simply walking through the gate. The badges that everyone wore to let others know who they were, were deemed to be no longer required. The villagers could now walk about the kingdom as shadows if they chose, their faces hidden from view as they spoke. Some began to yell obscenities and hurl insults from the darkness, utterings they’d be too ashamed to voice openly in the square. Others, more noble, but still timid, took to the shadows to voice their unsure opinions.

Word passed throughout the countryside that visitors would no longer be identified at the gate, and outlanders and highwaymen converged on the kingdom from all points. Mostly hooligans, for they did not truly love the kingdom.

Egg
<hr></blockquote>

EGG DUUUUDE!!!!! you rock! that was very funny as well as accurate lol http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Keep up da good work!

MikeM
11-03-2002, 10:34 AM
Egg,

Awesome. Your writing gets better and better. I only wish you had included reference to the sacred symbol worn by the true believers. Even among those in the shadows dwell true believers. The sacred symbol all that joins them to the tribe. After the apocolypse that looms, only the sacred symbol may link us. Wandering like nomads, we will know one another by the symbol. Once again united, a new Valhalla will be born!

MM...keeper of the sacred symbol.

11-03-2002, 01:23 PM
You have way too much free time. Is your company hiring? I want your job!

Rod
11-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Reminds me of a song- The Harper Valley PTA

dave
11-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Where do I sign up for my badge and uniform? Will we have marches and rallies? Will there be nuns with rulers? Can I be one of the chosen?

nAz
11-04-2002, 09:55 AM
soon well have Moderators and then nuremberg rallies

haha

dave
11-04-2002, 02:36 PM
"soon well have Moderators and then nuremberg rallies "

Exactly! I'm glad you picked up on the allusion.