PDA

View Full Version : Midwest 9 Ball Tour stop?

Karatemom
11-02-2002, 08:51 PM
On November 9 and 10, the Midwest 9 Ball Tour will stop in Burlington, IA at Whitey's Place. Is anyone here attending? C.C. and I will be there, along with our son, of course.

This will be my first "big" tournament ever. I am trying to prep for it mentally and physically the best that I can. Any of you remember your first tournament and how you felt, and did?

Heide

cheesemouse
11-02-2002, 10:02 PM
K/mom,
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was physically sick and I couldn't control my bladder. I thought I was having a psychotic episode and when they called my match I nearly ran out to the building. I thought everbody was looking at me, I subconsciously kept checking my zipper to see if it was done up...All in all it was a good day and I've been hooked ever since....heheheheh LOL.....good luck... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Karatemom
11-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Thanks!!! You've made me feel sooooo much better /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif.

Heide ~ nerves of steel /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
11-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Hi Heide,

Gotta love the Cheese. He's the greatest. Don't sweat the tourney. It's just another day. What you feel inside must not show in the least. You must show confidence, and remember to stroke all the way through the ball. Your stroke also tells your opponent a lot of what you feel.

If you miss? Take it with a grain of salt. Be an actress and act as if your the only pro in the house. You are what you believe. If you don't do so well? Atleast noone can accuse you of not having tried. You have the ability to compete. You just need to start somewhere. That day will be the first of many and the best learning process. I have faith in you and proud that your taking the plunge. Consider this tourney a warm up for Vegas. What you really need is a hug from Carol. She'll pump you up and crush everyone within the city corn limits. HAHAHAHA

C.C.