PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Bender Cues

dooziexx
11-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Hi All,
I looking to get a Bender cue and would like to know what you like or dislike about his cues. I prefer cues that have a stiffer/harder hit and I think his cues provides that feel. Just looking for some feedback.
Thanks.

nAz
11-04-2002, 09:45 AM
my friend plays with a Bender pretty ass 12 points, 6 on top 6 below. ebony on birds eye. many other details paid around a 1000 with one shaft. although he had bender put a Perd. on it, supposed to be first he made with one.
anyways the thing hits Great! better then his SW. feels solid, id like to get one but its around 12- 20 month waiting list /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

11-04-2002, 10:18 AM
When you say hits better then a SW, what does that mean?

nAz
11-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Sorry i meant that it plays better then his origial South West cue, which is a great cue. but cost about 4x more.( Mike Bender worked for SW years back im told) The hit on his Bender feels solid almost like it was a one piece cue and the balance is perfect atleast it feels that way for me. i was also told the Toni Robles played with this cue for a while last week and just loved it.

11-04-2002, 11:56 AM
I think he worked with Omega cue which was started up with the help of Dave K. and the cues were made much like the SW.

dave
11-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Kersenbrock originally worked with Jerry Franklin on the design and production of Southwest cues; later Kersenbrock left and went to work for Ed Obata(sp?) WITH Mike Bender at Omega cues (Omega/DPK was{is} the company name; after David Kersenbrock) using David's basic structural design. This is why the hit is virtually the same. Then Mike Bender went off on his own creating his new designs with essentially the same basic cue structure developed by David K. The hit on all three cues is virtually the same (Kersenbrock, Southwest, and Bender). I have had an Omega made by Mike, and a Kersenbrock, for many years and they play the same. The stuff that came out of the Omega shop was worked on by all the guys, doing whatever task was necessary on a particular cue. David specialized in doing his own distinctive inlay work. I love them both. I don't think I'd call them a hard or stiff hitting cue though. The hit is very much like the "solid" hit of the Southwest.

Fred Agnir
11-04-2002, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: dooziexx:</font><hr> Hi All,
I looking to get a Bender cue and would like to know what you like or dislike about his cues. I prefer cues that have a stiffer/harder hit and I think his cues provides that feel. Just looking for some feedback.
Thanks. <hr></blockquote>
Good cue. Southwest-like hit and design (read other posts on why). Usually excellent to superior inlay work. Some consider his inlay work top two or three.

Fred

dooziexx
11-05-2002, 10:02 AM
bump