PDA

View Full Version : THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!(DSAPOLIS) S0

11-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Just read 2 of the BEST posts that i've seen in quite some time. this is what this forum should be about.
thanks DSAPOLIS for your input

Fred Agnir
11-04-2002, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: simsd:</font><hr> Just read 2 of the BEST posts that i've seen in quite some time. this is what this forum should be about.
thanks DSAPOLIS for your input <hr></blockquote>

Want more Blackjack now? Go here for some, and some other great posts from years gone by.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.cuemaster.com/RSB/rsbmain.htm>http://www.cuemaster.com/RSB/rsbmain.htm</a>

Fred &lt;~~~ wonders if Blackjack knows his posts are still out there

11-04-2002, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>Lessons in 9 Ball
by Blackjack David Sapolis
copies available for $10

Blackjack David Sapolis<hr></blockquote>

Yes...great posts (especially if you don't have the book) but isn't this "SPAM"? Or is SPAM just a nasty lunch meat?

Just teasing. You know how us anons like to stir things up.

TomBrooklyn
11-04-2002, 10:46 AM
I think it was a good post also. However, I expect nothing less of this forum, and I think we often times have it. It is unrealistic to expect gems of brilliance every day. Some of the replies to Dsapolis strike me as obsequious. Methinks this forum is prone to it. Don't cut yourself or many of the other long time regulars here short.

I also think it may be the perception of obsequiousness that bothers some persons and prompts them to criticise the object of it. Not a reaction I approve of as the best way to express their feelings. Just an observation.

=TB=

Fred Agnir
11-04-2002, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I think it was a good post also. However, I expect nothing less of this forum, and I think we often times have it. It is unrealistic to expect gems of brilliance every day. Some of the replies to Dsapolis strike me as obsequious. Methinks this forum is prone to it. Don't cut yourself or many of the other long time regulars here short. =TB= <hr></blockquote>
I think your response has good intentions, but I also think it's misplaced. Praising someone's post isn't automatically dis-crediting anyone else's. Surely you must agree that his post was a breath of fresh air given the trend of posts lately?

And "obsequious"? I'm not saying you are specifically talking about me, but as a rebuttal, I'm certainly far removed from being his favorite fan. I've been reading Dave Sapolis' posts for about 5 years and have been both praising and criticizing. Far from obsequious. I assume others who have read his material can report the same. Dave understands as much as anyone on pool/billiard forums that his posts are always up for public scrutiny. And believe me when I say, "I've scrutinized."

Fred

DSAPOLIS
11-04-2002, 01:14 PM
As some of you know, I make most of my articles, books, excerpts from my books, advice, personal instruction, and insight free of charge via the internet. I also donate all proceeds from my writings to various charitable organizations such as The Jimmy V Foundation and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. There are book peddlers out there that charge more for their material and have less knowledge and playing experience than I do. My goal is not to make money at this, it is to provide the material to those who wish to benefit from it. As Fred put it, my work has been torn apart, broken down, spit at, etc. That is fine with me. It comes with the territory. For every person who hates what I write, I have 10 people that are using my writings and insight to improve their game. There are many others out there that write informative writings such as Tom Rossman, Joe Savarin, Darrell Martineau, Paul Potier (just to name a few) who would be more than happy to share their knowledge in a postive atmosphere.

nAz
11-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Actually i have to agree with ya, Blackjack has posted some damn good post,(next to mine that is) very helpfull and i must say that i agree and will use some of his advice. PLEASE dont get upset poeple but i like his advise much more then Frans stuff atleast from what i read of hers
now wheres that damn spell shecker at?

TomBrooklyn
11-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your comparative evaluation.

What is your purpose in making it? Do you wish that no-one would make a post unless it was at least as informative as Dsapolis'?

If that were the case, it would be only you and him posting.

=Tom=