PDA

View Full Version : Yank the plug...

rackmup
11-04-2002, 10:19 AM
...I'm brain-dead.

Scenario: Last night; 8-ball league; six matches; 3 wins/3 losses.

Loss one: Rattled the eight ball. My opponent shoots at it and rattles it again. I shoot at it again and miss it completely (I tried to come off the rail near the corner and kiss it in...didn't quite work out that way.) My opponent didn't miss it again.

Loss two: Opponent ran the table after I missed a straight-in shot off the break.

Loss three: I have one object ball and the eight remaining with ball-in-hand. I set up for a straight in shot with a little draw. I got a lot of draw...enough to draw whitey right back into the side pocket. My opponent makes his remaining four ob's and the eight.

Have you ever had a day like this? Please tell me I'm not alone in this darkness.

Like I said...brain dead. *Yank* "May he rest in peace."

Regards,

Ken

Kato
11-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Ken, what are you crazy? Of course that kind of stuff only happens to you!!!!!! The rest of us are perfect.

How's this? I win a little 14 man tournament last night. I'm playing pretty good through out, coming through the losers bracket. Play my buddy Ernie in a race to 2 and he's giving up the 8/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif. B-I-H on the 6. I make the 6 and had a 2 foot shot on the 7 which for reason I didn't like. Of course I dogged it.

I'd say everyone has brain meltdown every now and again. I'll tell you what though. That Schon is no good for you. Quite frankly it's a piece of firewood. Why don't you send that to me and I'll send you a nice thank you note.

Kato~~~feels all the pain of all the missed shots

9 Ball Girl
11-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Tell me if this doesn't take the cake:

My opponent scratches on his object ball. All I have is the 8 ball left. He places the cue ball on the table for me to pick it up since I now have BIH. Yeah. I pick up the 8 ball, line it up with the cueball, and sink the cue ball. I was in total Duh mode.

eg8r
11-04-2002, 12:31 PM
If there is something positive to come from this it is: At least you did not play as bad as last Thursday night. ha ha

eg8r

11-04-2002, 07:14 PM
That DOES take the cake!!

SpiderMan
11-05-2002, 01:35 PM
I've seen a lot, but I've never seen that! There is no cake left in the pan.

SpiderMan