PDA

View Full Version : Gluing felt to wood

TomBrooklyn
11-04-2002, 11:10 AM
The felt is coming off the top of the wooden tube piece on my Porper case. What is a good glue to get it back down and keep it down? I tried Elmers white glue and it doesn't seem to work very well. =Tom=

nAz
11-04-2002, 11:21 AM
3M, Spray Adhesive Aerosol Glue. I used it to put back the head liner in my old T/A.
sorry i used it all up.
cost about 11 beans for 11oz i think?http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/dvv/cwmddd.gif

Buy a new case already!

SpiderMan
11-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Tom,

Best stuff for holding leather and fabrics is "contact cement", available from leather/craft stores and probably Home Depot.

Brush on both pieces, allow to dry tacky (about 10 mins), and press the pieces together. BE SURE you position them carefully before applying pressure, only way to get it apart will be to rip it up.

SpiderMan

TomBrooklyn
11-04-2002, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Buy a new case already! <hr></blockquote>I just got it, but second hand. Bought it sight unseen. Was told it was in excellent condition. ha! lol.

11-04-2002, 02:29 PM
In addition to the other fine responses, hot glue works well for attaching cloth to many surfaces. If you have a wife or g/f she probably has a hot glue gun. If you don't have a wife or g/f you can find a hot glue gun at a fabric store or fabric section of a department store. As it happens, those are also places to find a wife or g/f if you want one.

nAz
11-04-2002, 02:37 PM
Hey Tom you could always try Roof Tar hehe

heater451
11-04-2002, 06:03 PM
I believe the 3M stuff goes by the name of "Super-77".

The spray can would be best, but you can also get in in a metal tube--some refer to it as "yellow snot", or "gorilla snot". /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Paraphrasing Spiderman: Apply to both surfaces, wait until tacky, press together. You will only get one shot at it.

Troy
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Also known as "Barge Cement". Works great..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> Tom,

Best stuff for holding leather and fabrics is "contact cement", available from leather/craft stores and probably Home Depot.

Brush on both pieces, allow to dry tacky (about 10 mins), and press the pieces together. BE SURE you position them carefully before applying pressure, only way to get it apart will be to rip it up.

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>